How long did it take you to read the bible?

I started reading the bible several days ago. I can see it spanning over a year by the time I finish it. I will want to read other books in between reading this so it may take a while for me.

Cool man

>Not reading the title
OP I read through psalms in like 2 hours, so maybe if you sped through it 2-3 days? Honestly you can never finish reading it and actually understand it. I would venture there are more books discussing its contents than any other genre.

>www.kingjamesbibleonline.org

Just found this resource and I like it. It has audio and commentary. I think I might start reading/listening to the bible in this way.

as long as it takes for you to become a christian

I listened to Ecclesiastes on repeat while I was in the hospital, it was surprisingly enjoyable.

I read a chapter or two a day, probably with some gaps here and there... took me about four years.

I'm actually in the middle of reading the bible. I started a few months ago, back in April. I'm currently on 2 Chronicles. I usually will read a book in between the books in the bible. It can get really dry at times. I just wanna hurry up and finish it at this point but I imagine I won't be more than a year. Good luck OP.

>KJV

Is this a meme edition or is it actually good?

no

It's probably been memed around a lot on here, but it's the go to bible for most of us . It's also the most beautifully written but some may have an issue with the old English.

~3 months

but like other anons said, I'll be re-reading it until I die.

>the old English

This is what makes it memorable. New Sanitized Versions read like user manuals.

On a tangent, does anyone have an opinion on which Android Bible app to use? The ones I've tried are all botnet.

Just started Genesis a few days ago. Currently on 27. I don't think I can get through this. Someone please help.

>yfw this blatant misinterpretation was drawn by a 40-year-old from /r/atheism

Its okay to give it up. The bible isn't meant for everyone. Don't torture yourself with it just to be more "well read". Look for bible stories for children, they're much more easier and pretty much covers what you need to know.

Why would an atheist read the bible?

Why not?

The Bible isn't meant to be read as a novel. It's a library, a collection of books, bound in a single volume; and these books even in differ in genre. You're supposed to open the Bible to the book / genre you are interested in.

was working my way through the bible..
then the qt christian girl i was pursuing put the kibosh on me.. sadly because i'm non-practicing, though she insisted that wasn't the reason, but very well it was.

i'll have to read it someday though, if i ever want a christian gf.

Its a good book

It gets references all the time. It's not very interesting as a story but reading is well worth it just for how influential it was and still is.

My favourite book in the Bible but holy fuck can it be depressing.

King James Bible is Early Modern English. Old English is unreadable to us.

It's the most influential book ever written. Every author you ever loved has been influenced irrevocably by the Bible in some way or another.

Jump to the gospels

I became an atheist after reading the bible.

Kek I actually know this feel

>when she give u the succ

>most influential book
But that's Gilgamesh.

o good you took one English class yes very good

idiot

i thought genesis was pretty tight. exodus too. its shit like numbers and leviticus that makes me want to die

>o good you took one English class yes very good
lol shut the fuck up

>idiot
Even the flood myth comes from the sumerian tradition, you stupid fuck.

I got to Exodus before I gave up. If God bringing down plague and famine on Egypt is dry and boring to me, how am I supposed to get through the rest?

Read Ecclesiastes

In order to read Bible, you must have an excessive knowledge on philosophy, theology, koine greek, latin and hebrew for the sake of undertanding the differences between sepuagint and vulgates. After learning all of those you can start reading bible with a multi commentary combined with modern edition, King James edition and an annex of Book of Enoch also with abridged edition of History of Maccabees. If you want to go deeper you can also add aramaic edition and Wycliffe's bible into your reading list.

The whole point of the bible is be kind. Literally all jesus was, was a guy nice enough people were able to get over their own insecurities around him and then focus on real matters. God is just a kindness that guides, and to be completely honest in a universe full of intelligence, everything that has intelligence was probably planned by other intelligence. How else could earth be so perfect. There's totally a fuckin afterlife too, death would be a waste of a good mind, everybody beyond humanity already knows that.

Learning shit isn't this hard. You don't have to ready anything to understand anything. It just helps. Whatever method you use to understand the world around you is inefficient. You don't have to rectify that but you are going to be a fucking moron until you do buddy.

Why would a non-greek read the Iliad?

Why are so mad about it? Was it too hard for you? This isn't a walk in the park nigga. LEARNING BIBLE IS THE REAL DEAL.

At least its not just a way to subjugate moral authority on plebs

No I never read the bible. I just figured out a logical explanation for a god. I'm a deist you nigger. I'm mad about ignorance. Fighting it on Veeky Forums is stupid. In that way I am ignorant. I just have hope I can fix at least one dumby. Isn't that sweet? Am I making you feel insecure? Pussy.

how many fedoras do you own?

>Atheism

*tips fedora*

Deism. I can explain exactly how I came to that conclusion.

Also the founding fathers were deists. I've been trolled by masters kid, you are a spec of empty attempts and thoughtless motivations. I'm also pretty hot bro.

It's a trillby you dip.

I got to the Psalms in about month and a half (I think). But I kind of stopped there. Started reading other stuff since then, and never picked it up to continue.
But I think I'll start again.

Please come back man I need to destroy you mentally or my super model monkey Dad won't let me beat off for a week straight.