What are you currently reading?

What are you currently reading?

I'm reading Year's Best Science Fiction 33rd Edition.

Image unrelated.

My diary

>Freud Penguin Reader
>Acts of Literature, Derrida
>Literary Theory - a Very short introduction (culler)
>Paradise Lost

Finally gotten into theory, shits so cool. Planning on reading Hegel, Kant and Heidegger (with companions) on the holidays.

Can anyone recommend a good Kant companion for someone that's into aesthetics and not really ethics ontology and all that?

Id reccomend my diary

>Confessions of a Conjuror
>Sex, drugs and cyb'n'roll
>Germanic book of the dead

I'm kinda stuck with all of these books though. However, once I finally quit my job I will have enough strength to actually come back to reading.

What is the best book for someone with a foot fetish?

The scripts of any tarantino film

Nabokov's Lolita

> I plumped down my heavy paper bag and stood staring at the bare ankles of her sandaled feet, then at her silly face, then again at her sinful feet. "You've been out," I said (the sandals were filthy with gravel).

I'm rereading Wuthering Heights aand starting Pataphysica, and just a little bit ago I finished reading The Erlking by angela carter.
Reading in the morning just before the semester starts is super comfy

> I kissed the yellowish soles of her long-toed feet, I immolated myself...

> She was barefooted; her toenails showed remnants of cherry-red polish and there was a bit of adhesive tape across her big toe; and, God, what I would not have given to kiss then and there those delicate boned, long-toed, monkeyish feet!

That description doesn't sound very appealing at all but I might give it a go...

ewwwwwww i hate nabokov now
ole goofy ass nigga

Imagine the footjobs

>what I would not have given to kiss then and there those delicate boned, long-toed, monkeyish feet!

He would fit right in here

Reading 1984, so far not what I had expected. I feel that the first 100 pages is the protagonist's paranoia. There's a new chick named Julia. She fucked like 100 guys. I don't know what to expect from this book anymore.

Writing Fiction for fun and profit. By Laurence block.

It's pretty engrossing. And I did get some insight into writing in collaboration.

Ulysses
Nausea

I'm currently reading The Optimist's Daughter.

Only got like 5 pages left but I'd much rather get drunk right now.

I'm reading the Benoît Peeters biography of Jacques Derrida, volume two of The Familiar, and Foucault's The Order of Things.

I'm reading A Clash of Kings.

Ronna Burger - The Phaedo A Platonic Labyrinth

feetfags get out

OP, you got this pic from the feet thread earlier on /b/. I'm onto you.

700+ pages in, Montaigne is sublime.

Moby Dick
Why did that guy dress in a whale's foreskin?

Lo estoy leyendo en español. Voy en 'Sobre la soledad', es maravilloso.
Muy recomendado

I'm currently reading The City by Clifford D. Simak. Enjoying it so far.

I also like those Year's Best Sci Fi anthologies. Always a good mix and a great way to discover new writers.

The Closing of the American Mind - Allan Bloom

I think it's going to have a sad ending.

Reading

Michael and the Sex Goblin on wattpad.

Not sure who MostlyHetero is, but he's got it all figured out. All of it.

Last two books you finished and the commonality they share:

>Season of the Witch: How the Occult Saved Rock And Roll
>The Tao of Pooh

>smug liberal Jews preach about dumb, oppressive Christian Americans

I'm reading History of Philosophy volume 1. by Fredrick Copleston, The Quiet American by Graham Greene. 4th volume of Elric, Whose Justice Which Rationality and The South Slav Question are on halt for now. I'll be finishing them up in the following month.

Anna Karenina
Johannes Eckhart
Dubliners

If you've liked it so far you'll love the rest, Apology for Raymond Sebond is definitely a highlight as well.

Checkov's plays and short stories.

Muh suicide by revovler

Is Copleston worth buying/reading?
Is a good start to learn philosophy?
I'm from Bogotá and his books are not easy to find.

Honestly I couldn't think of a better starting point.

how is it determined which short stories go in this anthology OP? Also is it worth buying?

Thanks.
Any other bookrecs?

i have no mouth and i must scream

On philosophy? Introductory material?

Introductory material, please

I liked Alasdair MacIntyre. Short History of Ethics and God, Philosophy, Universities.
Edward Feser, Locke, Hayek and Aquinas are pretty good.
But Copleston is 9 volumes so you'll spend a lot of time reading him if you want.

Thanks!

>The Martian
>Lord of the Flies
>Don Quixote

read it you fag

Last few pages of Master and Margarita. It was a good and quite easy read. I recommend it.
I'll probably read The Odyssey again after that and then Ulysses again.

>Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>The Genesis

I think i'll start Catcher in the Rye next.

(all pleb shit I know but I'm busy in my studies so I just want easy shit right now)

Was in a shitty book binge so I decided to go back and read some American classics.

Currently on Gone With The Wind. I can't tell if it's leaning sexist or feminist at times, and sometimes I really can't stand the main character. But God damn is it racist and I love it. Some people give me funny looks when I read it in public but never any niggers assuming because they don't read

Maybe it was because everyone hyped up Hitchhiker's Guide so much, but I was incredibly underwhelmed by that book.

What will you be reading after 15 minutes of that, though?

Oblomov

this is exactly why I hate feet. fucking freak leghands.

Geoff Thompson - Footsucker

Motorcycle diaries, but about to start. Read the intro by his daughter.
Redpill me on che. Was he an hero or a sadistic fuck who doesn't deserve to be a symbol on every pseudo hipster's shirt?

This is the same recommendation every time. Is there really only one book written about/for foot fetishists?

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, it's okay.

Why not both?

Consider the idea that there are no true heroes or true villains. Life is far more complex than black and white categories.

From what I've read of Che, he was a complex personality. Most people would categorize him as either a revolutionary hero or a murderous rebel. Personally, I think he was a man who was passionate about his ideals, but did some awful shit to achieve his goals.

As someone who has never been around a girl, what do feet smell like?

faust goethe
moscow - petushki by venedikt erofeev

I've never smelled a girl's feet. I just never thought to. Girl's hair smells really nice, but in general if you just start smelling girl's body parts they might find it odd.

The lewdest things that every happened to me involving feet were some footjobs in public. Under a table at a formal dinner, and under a blanket at a house party. If I'm having a bad day or can't sleep I just think of K's sneaky foot and how nobody else at the table had any idea what was going on underneath.

War and Peace

The Dubliners

>tfw you're unsure if you're prepared for infinite jest

Depends on what she's been eating and what kind of shoes and soap she uses.
They smell like feet.