He likes to read made up stories instead of educating himself about the real world

>he likes to read made up stories instead of educating himself about the real world

fiction readers, when will they learn?

the real world doesn't exist fyi

Non-fiction relies on how far our civilisation has evolved in real-time. I love stories about interstellar space travel. You will not find any non-fiction memoirs about that for perhaps centuries to come.

Fuck that short soccer mom hair drives me crazy. I wanna bother her with my dick.

>the boring real world has to be more important to you than fiction because I say so

Fiction is the last bastion of truth and free speech we have left.
Be yourself at your job and see how fast you'll get canned.

>Implying I didn't just travel Europe, tongued a hooker's asshole in Vienna and went to the opera house to listen to Mozart with the rank stench of pussy still in my face, all while high on mescaline

Literary lifestyle, bitches.

Boy are you excited about that to post it in a completely irrelevant thread.

To turn this thread into something useful, does anyone have suggestions for nonfiction that could also be considered literary?

Yeah man!

>he thinks that there's this big important thing called the "real world" that he needs to incessantly "educate" himself about
non-fiction memers

This is a valid criticism of genre fiction

Why are so many people asking this all of a sudden? Are you too dumb to just read a fucking text book you pseud?

I've read plenty of textbooks and journals, but surely there are topics that can combine narrative and information. The autobiography of Benjamin Franklin comes to mind.

The Gulag Archipegalo

>This is a valid criticism of fiction
ftfy

> real literature doesn't equip you with critical thinking skills and ability to analyze, empathise, and contextualize issues

Gay Talese

How much reading or writing did you get done today with your "literary lifestyle" ?

if you don't admit things that happened to real conscious beings are more important than imaginary events then youre just being stupid. things that you have sway over (if its current events). i know no one is productive 24/7 but fiction is rarely actually meaningful in the world (compared to facts or events, even then its mostly fiction presented as fact)
> fuck manners
sorry, social norms help people get along and you dont have some right to be an asshole in the workplace

If I, a real conscious being, read a fictional story and it changes my life then it is very much meaningful.

but lets say there is a political cause you can devote your time to, cutting down on some unnecessary resource intensive product or helping those suffering to suffer less, it effects more people and reading fiction looking for meaning is pointlessly obscuring your path to a goal of increased awareness of things that matter. im not anti fun, read 10 books if it makes you happy, i just want to make the point if behaving in ways that help you change the world for the better is good then non fiction is more condensed and accurate towards the goal of understanding the world and how you can improve it. the more quickly and accurately you identify problems, the sooner you work on them. if you need 1000 pgs to make a point that could be made in 30 with hard facts without some drawn out metaphor then it is more productive to do so.

She has a very nice smile.

>OP implying he knows jackshit about the real world

The real world is boring OP.

They didn't happen to me, so they are not important.
Fuck off please

>They didn't happen to me, so they are not important
unapologetic selfishness is disgusting and i bet your parents would be disgusted by your selfish attitude. its never to late to change for the better, even a little. i hope you do, its best for you and those around you, good luck

Please, please name a political issue which can be solved by the complete and total dedication of non-fiction reading. An issue which needs an individual whose mind is filled purely with nothing but facts, trivia, dates, statistics on current events, ect ect free of the taint of a novel, a short story, a movie, any music with fictional lyrics, or a conversation which disgustingly manages to stray away from topics of cold hard objective reality,

>i
Kys low test scum

I love the Olympics.

if you think fiction exists your bachelor's degree is pretty much worthless

Autobiographies