Who else...

Who else /quittheirjobsoyoucouldstartwritingyournovelbutnowyouresixmonthsinandhavenoincomeandcantpayrentandisonly45pagesintotheirnovel/ here?

Honestly I tried writing it while I was working but I was working as a projectionist for a drive in theatre and it just ate up so much time (I was putting in close to 40 hours a week, and it was at night which is way worse than day shifts) and it was so fucking boring I never had anything to do. 99% of the time all I did was change the reels 5 times a night.

>couldn't handle

night shifts bro, way worse

Couldn't you have written in the projection room if there was really that little to do? Also I quit my last job and wrote a book after, but I didn't quit to write it, it was just what I decided to do after quitting.

You simply don't have what it takes.

Did you get published?

fuck off if you aren't gonna helpt

No, but I wrote it without an audience in mind and the goal was finishing it for the sake of finishing something rather than publication.

not what I'm looking for then, thanks

Lmao. You're going to get a lot of emails exactly like that post if you ever manage to finish it and start querying.

>kys my man you're just retarded

>says someone who's never worked a night shift or written a novel

What the agents are gonna tell me they finished their books without an audience? Kys please

>kys my man you're just retarded

It's basically a fact of publishing that you're going to get a fuckton of rejections no matter what you do. I was laughing at the condescending agentese tone of your post when you're almost certainly going to be spitroasted by those fuckers yourself if you even manage to finish.

I am sorry to hear you have reached rock bottom.

Have you read INFINITE JEST? It will solve all your woes.

This book.

No they aren't; so long as your sleeping pattern is fairly consistent. The bigger problem is being a lazy faggot who gives up on himself. When you're exhausted from doing nothing all night (why didn't you just write at work?) you need to the combination of drive and rage to keep yourself going, without it you may as well go flip burgers or leech.

I quit my job and shortly after finished my book which has now sold 2,800 copies

hi jeremy1122

Get a fucking job and keep writing? What kind of dingbat quits without a plan. You've already got a start, keep going. Also if you're writing for the sake of getting published and being Veeky Forums famous wewlad

OP I wouldn't listen to the detractors in this thread. The fact is Veeky Forums's userbase mostly consists of teenagers and guys under 23, most of whom have no serious literary ambitions and most of whom have not worked a full-time job which takes up the majority of your time and energy.

I work 45 hours a week in a boring office job and I'm planning on quitting soon. I earn decent money but I hate the job and I realize I'm sacrificing my ambition for the sake of security and comfort. I respect your decision even though it sucks that you didn't write as much as you intended (providing the story is true, that is).

Cancer.

kys my cancer

>99% of the time all I did was change the reels 5 times a night.

And you didn't write in the meantime?

I'd love to write full time. Problem is I have things that even when I'm home from work prevent me from writing, so it's ultimately a doomed endeavor.

Is anyone here really a bohemian? I work over 40 hours a week as a CPA. I just read for fun.

You need to be more ambitious. I was writing a 13 episode series last year and I had a day and night job. My night job was like yours (radio station for local sports, so I just had to cue the commercials and then fade the program back up) so most of my writing was at my night job. Go back to your old job so you're not broke and just utilize that time where you're already sitting on your ass. If I can write a total of over 300 pages of a screenplay I'm sure you can do the same.

Amazon link pls

OP's life is now a sitcom.