ITT: overrated trash

ITT: overrated trash

I wouldn't call him trash but if most people didn't know about Rimbaud's life story his fanbase would be a tenth of what it is.

You realize Harry Potter's main target audience are children

So were Mark Twain's works. Your point?

Then why it isn't being treated like so?

So Doctor Who is, but unfortunately 20-something year old Tumblr landwhales seem like more interested than children.

As if young adult males haven't been the target fanbase of Dr Who for most of its existence.

Harry Potter is a poor man's LotR, aimed for females and feeble minded who don't have the ability to understand good fiction.

mah nigguh

My point is that a children's book (say a book meant for children) will have an inferior literary level to what the average Veeky Forums dweller considers fine literary work. Then again this is how I see it and I could be wrong.

Harry Potter might have started as a children's book but it's definitely not in the present state. I also believe Rowling and other untalented fantasy writers are often trying to hide under that children's literature cloak to avoid criticism by inciting similar arguments.

That's not true, they will be top tier literary children stories.
Being for children doesn't excuse low quality one bit. It excuses a dose of simplicity, but that's not a problem at all.

Go to bed Bloom

Please stop posting HP stuff

Nobody above the age of 17 rates this highly
except, like, fat women on tumblr

The fuck are you talking about? LotR and Harry Potter have no similarities besides the genre of fantasy. Also, LotR isn't exactly hard to grasp.

>children books will have an inferior literary level
You're so wrong that it's laughable. The fact that people actually believe this is why so much garbage is excused for being so.

There are plenty of amazing works of literature that can be considered "children's books"
>Wind in the Willows
>Alice in wonderland
>Andersen's Fairy Tales
>Treasure Island
>Gulliver's Travels
>Everything by Mark Twain
>Lolita

And these are just the most prominent examples.

>11 years
most of its existence

This Veeky Forums OP. Those are just kids books, what drove you to be mad enough to here?

They are perfectly good books, I had the first three read to me before I could read, and I read the rest of them growing up. They are funny, acceptably written books for young people, and it felt like they do a fair job of getting more grown up as the series went to accommodate for the age of the reader. Yeah it's weird when people in their 20's are obsessed with HP still but how many people out there are still into with Mario or CoD?

I grew up with these as they came out. Now in my late 20's and actually started re-reading them last week.

They are also releasing them again in beautifully illustrated editions which I look forward to reading with my kids.

Stay mad, OP.

lolita