This is a patrician god tier series. Debate me faggots

This is a patrician god tier series. Debate me faggots

gosh i love that pillow

Whats up, Christopher?

thanks bro, it's my favourite.

>le you must be the writer of the series meme
debate me faggot, debate me right now

No need to debate if you already know you're right.

go to bed tao

JANNIES COME QUICK, HE'S AT IT AGAIN!

not an argument

get shit on nerds

I remember hating the ending of The series. Wasn't it a happy ever after type thing?

Also all the characters are OC donut tier

You like the series, good on you. Were you go astray is when you require other people to like it the same extent as you.

Hell I don't even dislike the series but I would NEVER call it a patrician god tier series; not because it's bad but because it isn't a patrician god tier series.

the hero wins and he's basically got demi-god levels of power along with his dragon so they just leave the continent because too much power might be bad for the regular people because he could become power hungry or something.

Nigga this boring af
What a shade nigga
SAGE NIGGA

>ghettoposting on Veeky Forums
is nothing sacred anymore?

>Not Eragon, Fragon, Gragon and Hragon

Author had one job...

ddidn't even finish this series desu

Christopher Paolini, like many mediocre writers, is a whore. The author need to attract the attention of the reader so he makes up an amazing, thrilling setting that soon becomes completely incoherent and unbearable for the story. So it inexplicably declines, because it's the only solution to not admit having fucked it up. For example, when real names are introduced, we're explained everybody used to introduce himself with his “true” name, which happens to give an absolute control over the person. This does not make fucking sense in any way, but it retains the spectator's attention. Then, because of untold shenanigans, this habit became obsolete. How convenient, isn't it? The whole series is filled with such absurdities. A dragon can live a year without eating! Curiously, we're repeatedly proven otherwise in the next tomes. A dragon never cease its growth and can be as grand as a mountain! Am I the only one to question the sincerity with this statement? The magical mechanisms are equally corrupted and poorly built, and the author, once again, simply said us this impossible spell “has been created centuries ago by a monk we don't know any more”, this law-challenging artefact “has been made with a lost material, charmed with a forgotten word”, all these marvellous events are “unexplainable”. “But how is it possible, Arya?!—I just told you so, it isn't”. So is the coherence of “Eragon”. A piping network on the verge of collapsing poorly sealed off.

I remember reading it as a kid. Enjoyed the story a lot, but I was dumb back then. I've never read the final book, since I had no money to buy it (sucks living in a shitty country) The only thing that I remember hating about it is the time when the brother of Eragon was fighting some orcs, defending some village and he was fucking wrecking them, singlehandedly he destroys 200 of them.and piles them on a mountain on which he stands atop. These were no ordinary orcs, they were the most vicious and strong ones, something like the Uruk-Hai from LotR. This really fucked up the book for me, after I had read that part I knew that every main character has god mode on. I remember reading it as a kid.

Hey, that was my rant.

I've immortalized you.

I've already seen Star Wars thanks

You mean his cousin, Roran right? I hated his parts. Oh by the way, this stupid farm hand is now one of the greatest human warriors. ok. but its ok he fights with a hammer, so is more realistic lel.

could you point out the scene in star wars with dragons and elves? i must have missed it

The elves are called Ewoks and the dragons are called AT-ATs

I enjoyed Eragon when it first came out, although I was 10 years old. Eldest bored the shit out of me.

Brom = Obi-Wan (survivor of an "order" who used to protect the people until an evil Empire showed up, hides in a village to watch over a young boy, then dies before he can train him)

Eragon = Luke (farm boy whose parents are killed by the Empire, discovers he has unusual powers, and sets off on an adventure with the wise old man)

Oromis = Yoda (second mentor, non-human, whose training is interrupted and returned to)

Arya = Leia (princess on a diplomatic mission who loses an important MacGuffin that's then recovered by the Farm Boy)

etc.

dont forget the magical multicolored swords
and them basically fighting the emporer and the galactic empire

There's even a scene in the last one where the Emperor makes him duel his long-lost family member in the throne room

Eragon was absolute shit, and I even knew that as a faggot 16-year-old. I didn't read the others so I can't realistically comment on them, but if they were anything like Eragon, they were EXTREMELY derivative of Star Wars. And not even in the "hurr durr Hero's Journey" type way that people often say stuff is derivative of Star Wars; I'm talking EVERYTHING in the book has an equivalent to the galaxy far, far away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the antagonistic entity in Eragon actually CALLED "The Empire?"

I was legitimately a huge Eragon fan at age 9. Loved the first two books. Book 3 came out a few years later though, and it was both really predictable and really boring. Book 4 was worse. I think if he would have stuck with the "Eragon/Eldest/Empire" trilogy plan he had originally, he could have a legitimate cult following, but he just didn't handle fame/ending the series well.

I wasn't thinking about the star-wars-derivitive plot elements when I read the book; I was too caught up in world of Ala-GAY-sha. It's been almost a decade since I read the first book, and I can still visualize that damned map at the beginning of the book, can still trace the long ass journey he made through all those fields and towns, and can still recall the qualities of every conquered villain.

It read like a video game. It was progressive, melodramatic, and stupid, but at least the graphics and journey inside my head were better than another shitty round of MW2. I'm not denying Paolini, at the tender age of 18, was already a hack, but I feel we forget the demographic we used to belong to back-when ragging on it nowadays. We're all in this thread because middle school us fell for it, and hopefully got something out of it.

First time reading it, I realized the story was shit when Eragon was asking if the language ever had a name, and Brom was like, "Hmmm... No, but if there was, it'd be OP as hell." Well Hell, how did the book end?

My fav scene of the whole series was/is when Eragon and his dragon fly so high that they realize the earth has a curvature. Second would be the description of the Beor mountains and the under-mountain city Trumul-Dor(?) at the end of book one.

I remember enjoying it a lot when I was 11. Never read the third or fourth books though because by then I wasn't into fantasy

I agree, Spongebob is one of the best series to have ever broadcast on television. A shame it's been going downhill sometime in Season 6.

I enjoyed it when I was maximum-overunderage but by the time the last one was out I had kind of a post season-1 Game of Thrones relationship with it where I just wanted to see how hard he could crash the plane with no survivors.

The part that really burned my ass was the explanation at the end that everyone who fought in the rebel alliance gets an equal amount of money, not much to the nobles but an awesome amount to the farmers apparently.

This was as far as I know the first mention of some kind of nobility existing in this place. If they were around before they did fuck all. Everything feels so awfully contrived and shallow.

Season 4 was GOAT

I thought the first book was really fun as a kid until I noticed all the Star Wars similarities.

>Paolini began nearly every chapter of Eragon with "Eragon woke up"
Into the trash it goes I guess

Roran was only fighting men, but it's still a ridiculous scene.

I used to have that pillow case