Do you recommend to read his trilogy of novels with no other books in between or it doesn't matter?

Do you recommend to read his trilogy of novels with no other books in between or it doesn't matter?

Godot, then Proust, then Endgame, then More Pricks than Kicks, then Murphy, then Watt, then Happy Days, then Krapp's last tape, and then the trilogy. After that, read the rest of his drama and fiction.

What do you think of Embers?

>no other books in between
? You'll likely want a rest before the Unnamable at least. If you mean other books of his, there's not much point to not reading those three in order; other than that it doesn't matter.

It's been some time since I last read it/listened to it, but I remember liking it well. Perhaps I should go back to it later.

Mercier and Camier good place to start?

Not really, it will make Godot seem repetitive

Shit, dude. It's cheaper though so I won't change my mind probably :^)

garbage post

just fucking read them however you want OP, it literally does not matter

lmao kys pleb

rofl no you

DELET THIS

Why? All told, the trilogy is like 500 pages. Just read it straight through. It's much better that way.

>this is how plebs think

let me guess you never actually read anything by beckett

This, it makes The Unnamable far more impactful at the end when he ties a lot of references from his own universe back into one work

Upon further consideration, i would add Not I after Krapp, simply because disembodied voices are something you will encounter in the Trilogy. And also because it is an excellent play, a masterpiece even.

You mean, read all of Proust or just ISOLT (Àlrdtp)?

>it will make Godot seem repetitive
>Godot
>seem repetitive

I see what you did there

Beckett wrote an essay called "Proust", in which he discusses a number of themes that interested him at the time using ISoLT as a basis. Don't quote me on this, but I think he disregarded the essays as juvenile when he got older. Still, it is a fine piece of writing and reveals a lot about Beckett the writer.

And while it is not essential, one should read his essay on Finnegans Wake. Good stuff.

Oh, that was a joke :^)

Also, Texts for Nothing is severely underrated, and his short fiction in general is under-served.

>Godot, then Proust, then Endgame, then More Pricks than Kicks, then Murphy, then Watt, then Happy Days, then Krapp's last tape, and then the trilogy. After that, read the rest of his drama and fiction.

Is there a chart? I need colourful pictures to be able to follow this. Seriously, make a chart, this is non-intuitive.

I read no other works by Beckett before reading the trilogy; it's not an easy read, but it's pretty good all said and done. I may take some advice and re-read it if there's a legitimate reason to.