Im 35 pages in and this is a tremendous piece of shit

When does it get better?

TROLLED

Do you have no sense of fun or adventure?

it doesn't its trash like all of pynchon
except GR

when will pynchon receive the nobel?

I would never describe the Crying of Lot 49 as good, but it has a few moments that'll make you laugh. I interpreted it as a jab at how literature is interpreted (wow so meta) so I read most of it through that lense. But it an okay book

when your taste gets better

It's short enough that you should be able to get through the entire thing no problem, whether you like it or not. Reserve judgement until you finish.

Never. The Swedes hate Americans; Horace Engdahl called American literature too insular, all while praising his own continent as being the center of the literary world. Anti-Americanism pervades the institution.

Not OP. This makes sense but i stopped after like 20 pages.
heapofshit.jpg

>Mucho Maas
DROPPED

only good thing about that crap is the seagulls joke.

The play is the best part of the book. That's what sucks you in and turns you into oedipa

The zany scene with the war documentary and spray can is pretty great too

After this

I had the same experience. I left it for a bit and restarted it, now I'm almost done with it. It's been overall enjoyablel but nothing special without much exception.

M&D was good too.

Disliked it as well. Read V instead

ITT 16 year old illiterates who can't finish a postmodern novel due to their own incompetence and blaming the quality of writing instead of coming to terms with their callow minds.

>gets tricked into reading a meme book
>justifies it by insulting others

Never. Too many swedish short story writers waiting for their turn in the sun.

I'm this user. Just finished it. It was kind of cool but a little dull. Probably holds up well to rereading though as I got a little lost in some paragraphs

>Doesn't know what a meme is
>Proceeds to tell everyone

It'll have you crying..........::.... With Laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahahahahahhaahahahahahahah.

No but seriously though, the crying of lot 49 is some good shit dude. If you didnt laff your freaking butt off at the concept pf a person with a fummy name, the.n your just dead inside FREAKIN DEAD inside man.

No hope

Mike . Fallopian.

You fall pit of your chair yet?

No?!

Freakeing dead inside

Thomas pynchon made fallopian the last name of a guy named mike & you didnt laugh... Once? As mr burns would say, send in the hounds!!! N

What so comical about the name Mike Fallopian? It sure sounds funny but I think I'm missing something.

>Doesn't know what fallopian tubes are
>underage b& pls

Am I the only one here who appreciated the yung Harambe appearance at Pasquale's big orgy?

Actually my first language is Spanish but I don't have an excuse as the word for us is falopio. Didn't see it, that's all. Thanks user.

And by the way, you learn about that when you're 12 or something like that, so age wasn't the problem.

"...both an "exemplary postmodern text" and an outright parody of postmodernism."