So what's the consensus on Animorphs?

So what's the consensus on Animorphs?

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleech.com/animorphs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you 12?

I never read any animorphs but apparently there are some pretty heady concepts in it.

bogleech.com/animorphs.html

I mean
I liked reading through the series in 4th and 5th grade.
I doubt I'd really enjoy going back through it now, though.

The language is pretty average but I give it points for going through the nitty gritty stuff regarding war and torture.

Did you finish it though

I liked it when I was 12 or 13. But I also read the Battletech series when I was 10 and 11. At that age things dont phase you because you still dont know what to expect. I just knew it was a hell of a lot more exciting than 'where the red fern grows'.

I'd only read a couple books as a kid so I just sat down and read the entire thing from start to finish a couple years back during my entrance exams.
Had more fun than I expected.

I still enjoy battletech, for what its worth.

I got real fucking grim at the end, like half of them died IIRC.

Also the ear things spooked the fuck out of me.

Book kino.

Not to mention the leader kid doing war crimes out of spite.

i like the franz kafka one

Pretty sure I did, though this was more than a decade ago so I'm not sure.
I remember it wound up being some sort of big battle between godlike beings, and one or two of the kids died. I think the blonde got fucked up by a bear, right?

The entire series and millennia into it's past and future is a big battle between the Ellimist and Crayak.
Ellimist was the one who created the Andalites or something too iirc.
Rachel died. She was sent by Jake on a suicide mission to kill Tom and his Yeerk which she accomplished before she died.

I liked the little tidbit the Ellimist shared about her not being part of his plan and that she was the contribution towards the team by humanity itself subconsciously as a species towards its survival.

Read the ellimist as a 9 year old. Thought it was cool. Now 12 years later I realized it was the first transhumanist literature I've ever read

so each book isn't standalone im assuming?

Honestly I can't say I've enjoyed any book as much Animorphs 26, with the howlers

Nope. It's not like 2 simultaneous books will have any relation in their plots but it's like an overall thing. You need to read from the beginning to get any idea what's going on towards the end.

It's kino

It was great gritty fiction for kids. Never finished it myself, though.

think i only read the first 20 or so, it was getting stale as fuck. plus the first andalite chronicles which was good