Where do i go to buy this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLlYVszUMpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Amazon is your friend, user

I should have specified a new copy at a reasonable price.

It depends on what you consider a "reasonable" price. I've seen new copies at the union square Barnes & Noble in Manhattan, though that's probably one of the biggest ones and has loads of shit most of them wouldn't.

Secondhand copies are almost always going to be cheaper.

Has the book gone out of print? Maybe this board has distorted my perception, but it seems like a pretty popular book to me.

It wasn't a couple of months ago, but judging by amazon prices now, it might be now.

The board definitely skewed your perception as Gass isn't popular at all outside academia because his books are seen as too difficult and amoral by the standards of the broader reading public.

Amazon in Canada doesn't have it anymore either.

Is it sold out or just not listed at all? If it's the latter I suspect it may be more of a censorship thing because the book is considered "offensive" by certain types.

all the books i get off of amazon come with minimal packaging which causes superficial damage to the book - bent corners, frayed pages, gauges to the surface of hardcovers. i do not recommend getting new books of amazon unless you plan to buy them/have them shipped in bulk.

if you want to buy singles, then go to a local bookstore that stocks new/contemporary titles

Just go to a good library and tell them to get that book. That's how we do it in Bulgaria, the book usually arrives 3 days later.

It was listed. Now it still has a page but you can't order it anymore from amazon. You can get a much more expensive 2nd hand sellers.
My University has it actually so I am good.

I think Dalkey let it go out of print, same thing happened to J R. Just be patient and if enough people want it it should come back.

This is true. Dalkey archive books go in and out of print a lot because it seems like they rotate through their catalog rather than having everything constantly available.

I want this book too but book depository doesn't have it and I'm from South America.

mobi?

I have never experienced this with books purchased from Amazon. You likely live in a remote area that requires extensive transportation to deliver to.

How about a thread for books that are actually difficult to find ?

What is this book? Why is it a meme?

pragmatic assumption, but you're wrong in this instance. i live in northern virginia- about 15 minutes outside of washington, dc. what i described in the post you responded to has happened to almost everything i've ordered from them.

Maybe the ups/postal service/whatever workers servicing your area are retards? I'm sure it happens to more people than you, but it's not a universal problem.

I got lucky and found it cheap at a used book store. Look around, OP.

It was slowly written over the course of a couple of decades and this one guy really pushed it here a few months ago. The author was also friends with William Gaddis and DFW apparently liked this book. I haven't actually read it myself though.

Also the author has some meme power. Just look at him.
youtube.com/watch?v=RLlYVszUMpM

I want to watch that video but does he give anything about the book away?

I live in southern Maryland, very close to you, and haven't had any problems with Amazon's packaging. I guess this is the problem with anecdotal evidence ; either you've been unlucky or I've been lucky. It could be something to do with the quality of the post office in your area.