Anyone else think his life up to the reverse jihad is extremely comfy?

Anyone else think his life up to the reverse jihad is extremely comfy?

People often talk shit about him but it seems like he's got a good thing going.

seems like hes kinda just existing to me... not really forming meaningful relationships, just going through the motions

Yeah, he has a job, a hot girlfriend whom he sleeps with regularly and sweetly, he can casually ask people to come back for fish and wine. It seems comfy as fuck.

he really enjoys things like going for a swim and cups of coffee and wine and thicc girls and such and doesn't get upset about all the stuff that usually rustles people.

he's like a french winnie the pooh.

his life prior to the shooting is what i aspire to be like

Which English translation is best?

Simple pleasures, an easy job and a qtgf?

Ward

has anyone really read multiple translations within a short time window so as not to be biased by nostalgia?
i mean you, seriously, explain yourself

He was dead inside retard

That is absolutely incorrect.

I read the first 10 pages of two translations in the bookstore. It was obvious in the first sentence though. The other had maman translated as mother.

Well it means mother, so that's better than keeping random words French to look extra French.

He was just autistic.

FUCKING MEMERS GET OUT OF Veeky Forums
REEEEEEEEEE

He didn't enjoy anything. He did things because other people did them. He was a very reactionary character and would only go through the motions to make himself seem 'normal'. He doesn't think ahead but lives for the moment and allows himself to be dragged from one to the next by the other people in his life who only like him because they think he listens when really he just has nothing to say.

>He didn't enjoy anything.
Wrong. He enjoyed the physical aspect of things.
>He did things because other people did them.
So, so wrong. If this were true, he'd also feel compassion for his mother, bond with his girlfriend, guilt for killing the arab etc
>He was a very reactionary character
No. Being a reactionary character involves consciousness and conscious disagreement. He was indifferent.
>he just has nothing to say.
sweet lord.

Actually mother in French is mere. Maman is more of a pet name like moma, mom, ma, mommy, etc.

Kind of like polish immigrants call their grandmothers babcia even though they speak English.

>Wrong. He enjoyed the physical aspect of things.
Only upon reminiscing when he realised he was unable to do said thing.
>If this were true, he'd also feel compassion for his mother, bond with his girlfriend, guilt for killing the arab etc
Why? He went to her funeral because it's what a normal person would do. He was just doing what was expected. What I meant by my statement is that he either got dragged along to things willingly or did them because he thought it's what people do.
>Being a reactionary character involves consciousness and conscious disagreement. He was indifferent.
In what way? He was reactionary in that he would only partake in things that others had already arranged for him. Maybe passive is a better description but the entire fight sequence shows that he wasn't going to do anything until third arab appeared.
>sweet lord.
He has nothing to say to anyone in the book. Obviously he has a lot to say to the reader. He only ever responds to people that talk to him, never wanting to start a conversation, therefore adding to being reactionary.

Tldr I completely misinterpreted the book

Please enlighten me, O great one!

You perceive this whole 'reactionary' thing as if you've never read any other Camus. It's not about rebellion, it's literally all about the absurd.

Have you actually?

Sorry I was using the wrong word. Didn't mean reactionary at all. Passive more like. In that he didn't actively do anything for himself but more for the sake of appearance even though he didn't care about appearance.

I mean to say that he would go through the motions of life without opposition. Allowing others to determine it for him. He didn't speak to many characters as he didn't deem them worthy other than the priest who he just wanted to make go away.

I really liked the Sunday afternoon chapter where he sits on his balcony, eats fried eggs and smokes.
Neighbours seemed to like him and he had a qtgf.
Swimming in the sea, wining with friends, gave no fucks.
It's a life any 25 y o would want.