No Religious Board

Hey guys, I know this technically doesn't belong here but /q/ doesn't exist anymore and I see religion getting brought up quite frequently here so I'm hoping my issue will be brought to the attention of moot.

In the past 3-4 years we have seen more discrimination against muslims like myself than any other group. There was very little discrimination against LGBT people before that and yet moot went and made a board for them.

Why can't we have a religious board? This wouldn't just be for muslims but of course the other religions. Whenever I want to talk about my experiences with the righteous path of Islam I always cop a ton of shit. Not so much on Veeky Forums this board is more tolerant than most, but it still happens, and I don't see how us members of Islam can congregate together and talk about our fairh.

Thanks for hearing me out and please do not delete this thread.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2011/01/27/future-of-the-global-muslim-population-regional-europe/
oeaw.ac.at/fileadmin/subsites/Institute/VID/PDF/Publications/Working_Papers/Religionen_dt.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I'm hoping my issue will be brought to the attention of moot.

Why? He's not even here any more.

I wish we could say the same for slave morality retards.

If there was a religion board, it wouldn't stop you from getting fucked with. Just look at lgbt, it's not necessarily a safe space. All I can say it make a general thread at here or Veeky Forums or maybe /int/.

LGBT became a board not as a safe zone for homo posters but because Moot was trying to deflect all the negative bias from other websites, particularly reddit, that was implying Veeky Forums was homophobic. It's also partially a containment board.

I wonder what he'd have to say about Islam these days.

lgbt happened because there were many many homosexuals etc. trying to figure out their identity and such on the boards at large, and there wasn't a good place for it. There was a need beyond persecution there, it was because of frequency of threads elsewhere.

I don't see 1/10th as many threads of people trying to discuss Islam around here, and Veeky Forums has traditionally been alright with being the catch-all for other religions. There's also a literary component to all of the Christianity stuff here; it's the basis of Western literature after the Greeks.

If you want to discuss Islam, there are other websites. Since you seem to want it much less abrasive, I unironically suggest you find an appropriate subreddit. A religious board on Veeky Forums will still be just as shitty to you because it will more than likely end up as another meeting place for deus vult fags.

Really this thread makes a better argument for reinstating /q/.

There is /MENA/ on /int/

So, Islam.... what's the appeal? Where you born into it or did you convert? Are you Sunni or Shia? What do you think of the rival branch?
And as a self confessed minority discriminated against, do you identify with other such subsets of humanity, say, the LGBT community?

>And as a self confessed minority discriminated against, do you identify with other such subsets of humanity, say, the LGBT community?
I'm sure he does, I'm sure he does

I am a Shiite Muslim and accept the teachings of the Sunni Muslims although I do not believe it myself. I do not identify with LGBT people as I am not one of them, but I have a slight mistrust for people who claim to have an attraction to the same sex.

Do you find it bizarre that the social justice types fight so hard for Muslims when your beliefs are clearly against most of the rest of the shit they stand for?

Thanks for the response.
And I know it goes against the tenants of your faith, or at least some of the commonly accepted interpretations of it, but have you considered spending some time in the company of said LGBT people you mistrust? Not as a way to try and convert them out of their wicked ways or to consider adapting that lifestyle, but as a way to test your faith and tolerance?

In many ways, common modern attitudes are way more conservative than they often were in medieval times. Pic related, but spoilered because it contains 16th century depictions of buggery.

No I also believe in equality for blacks and latinos.

Oops, look what I posted: it's the Prophet Mohammad! And he's doing gay stuff as well! Gosh, doesn't that just make you want to EXPLODE with rage?

I have a gay friend. I have told him the cure is available in a village in Indonesia, but he refuses to go. Many many times I tell him. Go to the doctor, get yourself the medicine. But he does not go and continues to defile himself in absurd fashion.

Why would you think that this is bizarre? I mean the left doesn't fight for that specific believe-system. They fight for the right to hold believes without being discriminated against even if said believes don't overlap with their believes. Of course that doesn't apply to the actual practice of extremely anti-progressive ideas like child marriage for example.

Will you still consider him a friend to his or your own death, even though he might never seek cure or have one forced upon him?

Pure bullshit. Anyone who makes a politically incorrect joke is demonized by the left.

The gayness is a choice meme, what a tasty tasty maymay.

Have you seen their attitude towards Christians in the US that don't share their views on homosexuality? It's downright hostile, but Muslims who share similar stances don't get treated the same way.

Yeah opening the floodgates to be replaced by people who are opposed to everything we believe in aint bizzare at all

>he's

>the extent to which a Muslim is a decent human being is precisely the extent to which he ignores Islam
What did he mean by this?

Not what I was implying, though personally I believe it can be either a case of nature or nurture, or even because of a physical or psychological event that can cause you to "switch sides" at any given point in life. I think it's a bit naive to deem it something binary that can only be determined by genetic makeup (or some sort of "falling into sin" for that matter).

I think a lot of people agree that he was out of his element when it came to Islam, only being familiar with Moorish Spain.

What's clear is that what Islam is today, is mainly what he hated about Christianity about a century ago.

>there was little discrimination against LGBT people before that and yet moot went and made a board for them.

False. The gays have been taking shit way longer than you have been, pal.

Thanks God majority of christians ignore christianity almost completely

Has any non-muslim read any parts of the quran, here.

>W-we're the most discriminated group in the world!
>Easy mode gays get their own board wtf!!

islamites ACTUALLY believe this LOL

You mean criticize? Why is it so bad when people criticize the jokes of others? I mean Frankie Boyle for example, he's a far left Feminist comedian and constantly makes rape jokes. Sometimes he receives criticism but he's well respected within most of the leftist community.

I assure that to the majority of the left it doesn't really matter whether a Muslim utters anti-gay sentiments or a Christian. Naturally you'll see a lot more of the latter in the U.S since you have a lot more Christians who are a lot more vocal (with protests and the alike; e.g. Westboro) than the Muslims when it comes to this sort of issue.

"replaced"? What do you mean by replaced? I mean let's take Austria as an example, I'll quote the Vienna institute of demography here:

"„Dennoch bleiben die KatholikInnen in allen Szenarien die größte Gruppe... Sicherlich wird die Gruppe der Moslems am stärksten anwachsen. Dennoch lässt sich erkennen, dass sie selbst in unrealistischen, extremen Szenarien nur 26 Prozent erreichen werden.“"

In the most unrealistic and extreme scenario the Muslim population will rise up to 1/4 which isn't even the majority, the Catholics are still the largest group. Furthermore, we see that the Muslim to non-Muslim birthrate difference in Europe is closing, currently it's 0,7 while in 2051 it should be around 0,4.

pewforum.org/2011/01/27/future-of-the-global-muslim-population-regional-europe/

oeaw.ac.at/fileadmin/subsites/Institute/VID/PDF/Publications/Working_Papers/Religionen_dt.pdf