What are some good books on democracy?

What are some good books on democracy?

pic unrelated

ahahaha epin xddddd

Should be required reading. Tocqueville criticizes the death of aristocracy in American democracy and spends most of his time talking about the tyranny of the majority. If you hate reddit you should read this book.

I was being sincere.
You learn a lot about democracy reading the Prince. Furthermore, you should read Discourses on Livy as well.

I should, been planning on for some time, but there's so much shit to read.
Law, Legislation and Liberty by F.A. Hayek

>democracy
>in America

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

>democracy
>anywhere

the Communist Manifesto

xd no xd

LOL
America was the most democratic during its most prosperous era.

Oh, I've heard good things about this, thanks.

Persepolis is fucking awful.

It's good.

This is everything. He's both in awe and hyper critical of American democracy. His insights are insane. He digs right to the root of our ideologies, our myths, our customs, our laws.
Also relevant passages in Plato that shit all over democracy. Those are fun, mainly because they're still good, challenging arguments
>tyrannyofthemajority.jpg

Nah. It's one of those bourgeois Raw-core rip-offs created by companies with the purpose of pushing agenda and forcing the public to take that medium seriously because the only serious comic is the one ridden with cheap melodrama AND feminist angst.

We already had Crumb and Spiegelman (who are great), so the medium needed a woman.

Also, the art is garbage.

I like how you managed to avoid any concrete critique of the work itself and instead focused on what you perceive to be some (((conspiracy))) behind the scenes.

The God that failed - by the legendary triple h

> NO GIRLS ALLOWED IN MY BOY STUFF
>MUST BE CONSPIRACY

The book is mediocre as fuck, overhyped only because 'muh strong foreign womyn'.

While I can't argue against the argument (it's a memoir after all), the way it is narrated is awfully amateur, so much that it makes you question why it's hyped so much when there are better stories told in a better way. She even dumbs down Beauchard's techniques to appeal more to the pleb masses.

The art is (((((minimalistic))))), which is a buzzword for 'effortless garbage'.

The Myth of the Rational Voter by Caplan, if you're looking for something academic

you're garbage. The art is elegant and thoughtful, you have terrible taste in contemporary art.
t. orthodoxly trained Russian painter

>the art is elegant and thoughtful
The art is literally 'Maus' but shittier.