Recommend me novels which are structured more like a group of connected short stories

Recommend me novels which are structured more like a group of connected short stories.

History of the World in 10andahalf Chapters
Go Down Moses

Your mom's diary of her sex life

Probably 1001 nights

Memoirs of an anti-semite
Henry Duchemen and his Shadows

The Pickwick Papers
The first four stories of The King in Yellow
Don Quixote

Hyperion by Dan Simmons

dubliners
lost in the funhouse
if on a winter's night a traveler

my favorite is Winesburg, Ohio

Seconding this

I'm assuming you've read The Sound and the Fury.

Chimera by Barth more or less is three short(ish) stories, but they work together to form a larger beast, you know, like the name implies

Instead of replying to frogposters, report them.

Also, Street of Crocodiles by my main man Bruno

I quite liked The Nick Adams Stories

I haven't read it but have heard Naked Lunch is quite like this.

It's also quite like shit

the summer book by tove jansson

Jesu's Son

2nded

Cloud Atlas

More like loosely-connected impressions rather than short stories. A great read though. If you dig that be sure to check out Burroughs' Nova Trilogy.

How hard is this? I recall Michael Silverblatt talking about the structure being some sort of logical equation or something.

Not terribly difficult, the first story is pretty crazy, in terms of it's narrative structure, and it becomes unclear who is actually narrating the story at certain points but it is by no means a "difficult" novel. The second two stories are more straight forward (structurally).

If you've read any other Barth it is easier than Lost in the Funhouse and harder than The Floating Opera

>Michael Silverblatt
That guy is hilariously pretentious. I like and hate him at the same time.

fuck, its**

>pretentious
I have exactly the opposite perception of him (from my admittedly limited listening). For one he's way too knowledgeable to be subject to accusations of pretension. Also to me he sounds very humble, in particular relative to his erudition and breadth of reading.

two of those aren't even novels

It could be that he is so much more well read and knowledge than me that it only seems like pretention to me.
It could be his jew voice that affects my perception.

winesburg, ohio

>being this pleb