What do you think of her books?

What do you think of her books?

Was she a hack?

Why do you guys keep posting about the same shit?

Actually fucking finish one of these books and move on to something else

>Actually fucking finish one of these books
Yeah nope
I'm not a woman
I only read Pynchon, Gaddis and DFW

>I only read Pynchon, Gaddis and DFW
pleb taste

And Joyce

Don't forget Joyce

go back to your stephen king and Corncob mccarthy

One of my top 3 favorite authors.
I empathize with her writing more heavily than anyone I've read, which is interesting considering that Woolf and I dont have a single thing in common in every aspect.
She writes in a way that makes me feel exposed.

To the Lighthouse is one of the greatest things I've ever read.

Do people just meme her like every other woman on this board, or do they actually read her novels and still believe she's a hack? If so, this board needs real help.

>Do people just meme her like every other woman on this board
there's a split between those who try to meme her and those who acknowledge her god-tier status. I don't think she'll ever be a meme, the people that won't read her because she is a woman are fewer than those who have read her and were affected by her.
She's at a level where talking shit makes you look dumb.

a failed Joyce.

hot opinions coming through:

barely wrote fiction, basically just vignettes and thoughts dressed up halfheartedly. every character is just her and you learn nothing from reading her

having said that her prose is exhausting in bulk but she has written some of the most beautiful and delicate passages in the english language

nice try amerifat, but my favorites authors would make your feeble mind snap in two

I've only read Orlando unfortunately. But any time I open it randomly to reread parts, I'm astonished by the consistent high quality of her prose. I would consider myself a success if I became half as good as her.

I like this a lot, probably one of my favorite books.

If you don't like melancholy then you probably won't like this, but if you can appreciate it and be empathetic then I think you'll be impressed.

I truly don't get that comparison after having read both, they're really not alike. I don't think anyone is really comparable to joyce.

Orlando is her at her most playful and a definite masterpiece

If you want heavy hitting, go with To the Lighthouse

If you want pure abstraction, The Waves

watsamatta poindexta? Caught an excerpt of her take down of Joycey-poo? Poindexter!

How much does it cost to buy a white girl? Asking for a friend.

What makes you say halfheartedly? Interesting perspective.

I hate them

Yes

Women shouldn't be allowed language

Being half of Joyce is still better than anybody on this board will ever be

Wrong. As a woman she is worth less than me

Mm. Yeah she hit things id never seen in any other author. I have only read Mrs. Dalloway so far :(

nice try. just admit you didn't read anything by her lol

She is one of the biggest surprises literature have to offer. Talented, original, creative, unique and sincere, the very definition of what an artist should be. Creator of the one of the most beautiful fairy-tales like dreamscapes of the XX century in her To the Lighthouse, only really comparable to Debussy's Prelude in terms of sheer hauting power.
Saying she is Joyce-lite is just admitting ignorance and your opinion on literature should be avoided

>Why do you guys keep posting about the same shit
Welcome to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general

Wuthering Heights is GOAT

Sitting in the first day of my Virginia Woolf waiting on the professor

I'll let everyone know the definitive truth behind this young lady