What light novels can lit recommend?

What light novels can lit recommend?

Lolita.

Stoner.

Infinite Jest tbqhdesu

Been meaning to read this for a while now, is it as hard to get into as everyone says it is?

Spice and Wolf

not light novels

fuck these elitist faggots, i got you covered senpai

>utsuro hako to zero no maria
>monogatari series
>boogiepop
>zaregoto
>kieli
>moribito

To Veeky Forums light novels can only mean "novels that require little effort". Or possibly another dimension to the doorstop/table leg thing, paperweight/light novel.

I gotchu forreal my nigga

On the Road by Jack Kerouac
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Howl and Other Poems by Allen Gisnberg
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
A Song of Ice and Fire series (esp. the first 3)
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Redwall by Brian Jacques
The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (including Dirk Gently) by Douglas Adams
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Calvin & Hobbes comic strip by Bill Watterson
Jurassic Park by Michael Crighton
The Cat In the Hat by Dr. Seuss
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

not light novels

norwegian wood is literally just monogatari two decades early

but nisio isin is a good writer

Lit recommends literature, not degenerate vomit from a parochial backwater memeland devoid of literary merit.

Go to /a/ for that shit desu.

What the fuck is up with the first three ASOIAF meme? Do you not have the attention span to read the fourth and the fifth one? The fourth one was my favorite. It's chill as fuck. It's like you read for the plot.

Kino no Tabi

t. Retard from sffg
This is actually a very good list for getting into literature for complete plebs.

>What the fuck is up with the first three ASOIAF meme?
It's entertaining in the first three, but turns to complete dogshit in the 4th.
>Do you not have the attention span to read the fourth and the fifth one?
Asoiaf is a work you can skim in its entirety and you wouldn't miss anything of value. There is no attention required.
>The fourth one was my favorite. It's chill as fuck. It's like you read for the plot.
Asoiaf has only its plot to offer.

Haruhi is legitimately great sci-fi (for lack of a better term), though it's never getting finished ever.

Vonnegut, Murakami, Auster

I never read the books (though apparently only the first novel was officially translated and they fucked it up), but the anime is GOAT.

About 15 volumes are fan-translated now. And they are good, not as great as the anime, but worth reading.

Top stuff mentioning Fight club by Chuck Palahniuk. Also worth checking out 'Guts' and 'choke' by Chuck Palahniuk'

i recommend "heat of darkness' By Joseph Conrad, what apocalypse now was based on.

Of the few series I've read, Haruhi, Oregairu, and Full Metal Panic were good, in decreasing order of depth.
All suffer from the later books being better than the early ones.

Not really, apart from a couple of chapters, it's a relatively easy read. People are just daunted by its length and some parts can be a bit dull. Apart from that, I had no problems with it.

>The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (including Dirk Gently)
>(including Dirk Gently)
Mah nigga

Do you mean anime light novels? Or light reading novels?

If the former, I'd recommend you steer clear. Most Japanese light novels are pretty bad in terms of quality. Basically fap bait. But if you insist, I'd recommend "Overlord" and "Youjo Senki", Youjo Senki being massively superior. Its quite good for Jap modern YA lit, and will be getting an anime soon, which I'm looking forward to. There's a translation at skythewood.

If you meant light reading (which I guess not), this is a very good list .

Happy reading, you fag.

False

>I'd recommend "Overlord"
Are you fucking serious.

>Are you fucking serious?
Yes.

Its one of the few I've read that was "ok".

I haven't read many anime light novels, because any I've read were really bad.

So yes, Overlord.

Got any suggestions for something superior? I'd be happy to read more light novels, but like I said, lots of shit.

Overrated desu tho I love the idea of it

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru

These are gud stuff.
Maybe include Boogiepop too, but it has no ending and is never going to end I think.

>mfw my son's name came out of something in that list
any guesses?

The only Light Novels I ever read were the Spice & Wolf series, but even then I read it as an e-book because I was too embarrassed to have physical copies.