ITT: characters that remind you of yourself

For me it's Alyosha: intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

For me it's god
Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

Sure you didn't mean Ivan, there user?

dude in the picture is surely a girl?

The main character in Confessions of a Mask.

Man Mishima really nailed how much a homo can hate himself while entertaining possibly acting straight instead.

Mersault
He's really cool and calm and doesn't afraid of anything

For me it's Howard Roark: blonde with awesome skateboarding skills, but always looking to others for approval.

for me its the holy ghost: I'm like the messiah but more relevant. I ain't your father but im deffo in charge.

Most of the people posting in /lit are probably closer to Ignatius j really than they care to admit.

>For me it's Alyosha: intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
Well Alyosha is intelligent and you are nihilistic anyway

Zarathustra.

Unfortunately Mr Collins

Odysseus

Take your pick

you are retarded?

Maybe it's more comforting for you to believe that insane people like me are simply stupid rather than operating at such a high plane of intelligence you can't comprehend us

Could've just said yes, friend.

Believe what you want. Your intellectual flaws give information about yourself, not about me.

Farewell, friend.

Unironically, any vaguely studentish characters from literature, like Stephen in Ulysses (not so much in Portrait) or Pierre at the start of War and Peace.

Anyone else have a real bond with Quentin when they were reading The Sound and the Fury? I mean I don't have a sister but apart from that.

Man i know what your talking about but I felt like I had that bond more with Leopold. His nature just seemed more similar and kinder, at least if I'm not like him he's how we ought to endeavour to be.

Yeah I'm hip, so what?

Reynard the Fox

I'm a complete and utter cunt.

kek

It's actually very amusing how much of a unapologetic dick Reynard is.

The bit where he just straight up merks that rabbit. Savage.

What stuck with me is the part where he gets Isegrim in trouble with someone, then immediately goes and fucks his wife behind his back. When he's done fucking her, he pisses in their children's eyes and they become permanently blind.

Like, what the fuck, Reynard?

Hitler

Quentin, not so much, but I haven't read it since I was 18 or so and even then mostay because I was reading it for edgy modernist techniques and not with the reading ability and self reflection I have now. But what I remember, no, much more troubled than I am.

Stephen Dedalus? To an extent, absolutely, though less and less now. Young Stephen in Portrait was me. That, and as I posted earlier, the narrator from Confessions of a Mask.

Pierre at the start of War and Peace is my pick. I identify with his feeling of struggling to find his niche in life. Tolstoy said that he wrote Pierre in his own image. I also relate to his general enthusiasm to certain topics and his love of discussing them.

It's interesting to think people hundreds of years ago had the same problems.

Like Fitz sometimes, I just wanna be left alone but shit keeps fuckin with me

You're a dickhead?