>dating a qt submissive arts major
>both vegan
>both sensitive
>both suffering from several self-diagnosed personality disorders
>regularly attend readings by local poets and authors
>have met tao lin two times
>take xanax and lean almost every weekend
>about to publish my first novella with a small independent publisher
>wear oversized but formal clothing to represent my ambivalence towards the traditional masculine image
>semi-ironically autistic
>own an iPhone, Macbook, iPad and Kindle
>post on Veeky Forums at least three hours each day
>maintain a post-ironic attitude towards life and inter-personal relationships

Q: Could I be any more contemporary? I seriously think I've reached the peak of contemporary culture in terms of my lifestyle.

Are there any novels on this sort of thing?

Suicide for Dummies

But contemporary is a bad thing, you dodo-brain. You're supposed to try and act like you're from the past.

I sincerely envy you and despise you.

Your life sounds comfy

I sincerely despise you and despise you.

Newfags.

if by contemporary you mean conformist, then no you fit the bill. I think, if you are being sincere, you should stop giving a shit about acceptance and just be true to yourself. In doing so you find actual acceptance and not some contrived notion based on memes on an anime website.

I don't know if there are novels based on these notions because I don't care, but if there are novels in this criteria then they are probably YA or tryhard edgy bullshit.

also get off pain killers you degenerate fuck.

I understand why it might appear that way to an external perspective, though as I'm sure some people here are aware, once you possess a certain degree of intellect and self-awareness comfort is not something truly attainable, as my ambitions and intellectual restlessness does not allow me to be distracted from my aims in life. Thanks for reading.

Haha I've heard this before. What do you envy exactly? Any guy who isn't a narcissistic, nihilistic hermit can quite easily find a girlfriend, and anybody who is seriously dedicated to becoming an author can avoid working some meaningless full-time job and work part-time instead. I mean, it's not rocket science!

I'm a narcissistic, nihilistic hermit

Be 39. Box in college. Despite brain trauma, still be more perceptive than the weak, effete up and coming generation of softies who need drugs to cope. Empathize with the Italian fascists, Ezra Pound, and Mishima. Appreciate Conan the Barbarian's philosophy of crushing your enemy. Be a fucking man who revels in tight clothes to emphasize that brutality need not be inelegant. Hit on by gays and women all the time for embodying masculine sensitivity without being a train wreck. Lose college teaching job when scorned young girl decides she won't ever take no for an answer. See the hatred towards and obsession with white males and laugh inside. Watch society and its weak inutile young destroy their biological greatness by being so fucking lame every god damn day of their lives. This is bad comedy.

I hate you and everything you stand for.

That's silly. You're developing neuroses, not self-awareness. They might seem similar superficially, but you're just causing yourself harm and developing bad thought patterns.

>implying you're not one
how many levels of irony are you on.

>39
>no wikipedia page

embarrasing desu

>He thinks "post-irony" is a thing

Name one good piece of media made in a spirit of irony, and I'll let you escape with only a light flaming.

This is a repost...or am i missing some sort of meme here

I can't even name a single piece of media made in the spirit of irony

you're basically a stereotype douglas coupland (or maybe bret easton ellis) character

pic unrelated

Could I be any more contemporary?

What does that even mean

Then you're not well-read.

bump

bump

bump

bump

It's people like you that make me hate society

Then why do you post on Veeky Forums?

You're ok but you have to let a black bull fuck your woman and masturbate to it before you're truly progressive

>this shit again
Are you the same fag who keeps posting that shit about the "gap" between irony and sincerity or whatever too?

>live in brooklyn

Stopped reading there

Fuck you and your shit pasta

>works a part-time and affords to live in NY with expensive electronics, drugs and nice clothes while going to a good school
>'it's easy to be an author you guys, just don't be a wagecuck'
Trust fund kid detected. Your lack of self-awareness is off the charts.