Everything I pick up isn't fun to read...

Everything I pick up isn't fun to read. I'm sick of picking up so many of these so called classic books or books that people here find enjoyable, and just not feel like I'm connecting to them as a person. I feel like I'm not connecting to them as a person, I feel like so many books aren't actually speaking to me in a way that reflects how I feel inside. I've watched some pretty deep as fuck movies and listening to some pretty profound music, and it was actually very engrossing for me. A lot of books seem tainted by moralism too. I think one book where I actually felt mesmerizingly engrossed in was story of the eye. That feeling of just wanting to subert the whole universe, I felt that same feeling of excitement when I read reading that one part of 1984 Where they're in the woods and the girl is talking about how she hates goodness and purity and doesn't want virtue to exist anywhere, and how having sex is a politically defiant act. And I don't just like books like story of the eye because of the sex, it's something much deeper than that.

>deep as fuck movies
Name them user

I liked the painted bird by kosinski

You're just an edgy teen

I suggest you buy Mein Kampf, 120 Days of Sodom and a lot of Chuck Palahniuk and just get it over with

>You're just an edgy teen
You're such a fucking idiot it actually hurts me to think people are this stupid.

>Everything I pick up isn't fun to read.
Who said those books are supposed to be "fun", you want fun? Go read some lowbrow genre fiction. Books, differently from movies and music, can't never be a passive activity for you to "get" the work you are consuming, you need focus

>deep as fuck movies and listening to some pretty profound music
can you give some examples? also you should tell what are those classics that you find so boring to read

I recommend reading more Bataille then. The Accursed Share goes deeper into the philosophy behind his fictional works, while subverting moralism in probably the most profound way possible.

Well, music moreso than movies, I've seen some good movies but I'm more of a fan of music. The deep movies I've seen were mostly anime movies, Akira to give an example. I enjoy an extremely wide range of music, from many different genres. This is my top 100 albums chart, and there's a lot of other good albums that could probably land on here, but the lower region of the chart especially shifts depending on basically what mood I'm in.

>being this anally devastated

Yep, just your regular, run-of-the-mill edgy teen.

>Akira
Ugh

>your taste
I feel like I would want to bash your head in with a rock within 5 minutes of meeting you

>I feel like I would want to bash your head in with a rock within 5 minutes of meeting you
Either that or have gay sex with lots of humiliation and pee and crossdressing involved.

You should stop trying to define yourself by your taste. You obviously want to come across as eclectic and well-versed. If you don't enjoy what you read then read what you enjoy or don't read at all if that's more to your taste. I can't help but feel this is bait though as Akira is hardly a deep film, even for an anime's standard.

In short don't get hung up on not liking things that the highest echelon like. Find what you like and enjoy it, but don't use it as a symbol of who you are.

>You should stop trying to define yourself by your taste. You obviously want to come across as eclectic and well-versed.
they fucking asked me what music and movies I'm into and answered, there's no winning with you people, you want to act like you're better than me but you're not.

I'm just calling it as I see how you come across. From your first post to your last.

>no Green Day
0/10 would not bang

What makes you think you are better or equal to us? What makes you think that we think we are better than you?

Nice blog, OP? Where can I suscribe?

Black Market Music is the best Placebo album.

Well your judgment is presumptuous and annoying, just like the vast majority of people who ever talk to me on this stupid website. This website is like a breeding ground for contentious pseudo intellectuals. The only reason I'm here is because I'm too outspoken to get along with people on other websites and I wanna tell people what I really think of them when they say something to me.

No, I don't think that I'm done saying stuff to you, I think I have something to say, yeah I do. I'm offended by the way you come off to me, you know very little, next to nothing about who I am as a person, yet you and all these people come in here and make all these assumptions about me. Telling me I'm trying to define myself with my taste, telling me that I sound like some sort of teenager. How do you think I'm supposed to respect that sort of opinion? The way I see it, you've imagined a reality of me inside of my head and you're trying to destroy that image of me, you're trying to rip it to shreds inside your own mind. As yourself though, when you rip things to shreds inside of your own mind, what are you really destroying? I'm right here, you're destroying your own brain tissue, you're destroying your reality. I'm right here, I'm not inside your head, but no one seems to respect that here. At least, I try to, and I try to be honest with people about what I think and myself, but insufferable, stupid neck beards such as yourself and the other people in this thread come and bash me for it.

sorry, I like their first the most. It's the most passionate, it's rawness is very charming. The other placebo albums feel too commercial for me.

why don't you chill the fuck out and read some snow crash, neuromancer, or Haruki Murakami if you like anime so much.

also, I don't know how the other people read these "classics" but I space them out with a lot of stuff that *I* like, which for me is philosophical fiction like Hesse and hard science-fiction like Greg Egan, mostly. I also just try to read random shit to broaden my view and find new stuff/authors I might like. You're narrowing in too closely in one category of books, which I'm guessing are the memes (infinite jest, ulysses, whatever) and there's a lot more all across the board for all levels of IQ and types of personalities. I find Greg Egan to fit me better than Thomas Pynchon for example, but I'm sure they're both at the top echelons of IQ even though they're completely different authors.

so yeah just chill out and go read something else and don't be so high strung about it

1. You come to a literature board and say you dislike all the literature they recommend.
2. You self-describe your music and film taste as profound and are annoyed that you can't say the same for your literature taste.
3. You post your entire life's work of built up musical knowledge when people ask for some examples.
4. You slate me for my judgement when that is what you came here for and are in turn doing the exact same thing with your neckbeard comments.

As I say just calling it as I see it. Maybe don't take peoples comments to heart on an anonymous Cantonese crayon and wax paper board. You're being presumptuous and annoying yourself in thinking people want to hear you inner monologues here.

just read some genre fic you buffoon

lmao keep posting

you're very funny to watch

if you're just pretending to be retarded you're very good at it

>1. You come to a literature board and say you dislike all the literature they recommend.
so what?
>2. You self-describe your music and film taste as profound and are annoyed that you can't say the same for your literature taste.
false, that's a cartoonish characterization of what I actually said.
> You post your entire life's work of built up musical knowledge when people ask for some examples.
I have the chart very conveniently set up in picture format so I can upload it before your very eyes with little effort, but you, dip shit, have to act like it was some big illustrious act. Fuck you, you treat everyone like they were some sort of idiot, like you're somehow better than everyone else around you, and have to dictate who's being "cool" and who isn't.
>You slate me for my judgement when that is what you came here for and are in turn doing the exact same thing with your neckbeard comments.
You're just being a fucking pedantic contrarian and you started it, so ironically it's you who's the exact same thing you falsely accuse me of being.

Also, how the fuck am I supposed to just give one example of the music I listen to? I started trying to think of albums that I like, but how the fuck could I possibly give someone an idea of all the music I listen to?

I was just trying to give some advice that you became hostile to. The fact you made a chart to post on the internet in the first place says it all.

>The fact you made a chart to post on the internet in the first place says it all.
translation
>I'm gonna troll some more

List out genres?

I mean, the fact that you like Deathconsciousness, Akira, and think 1984 and Story Of The Eye are the only worthwhile things you've read so far is just painting you into a very unflattering corner to begin with, so don't be surprised that people attack the other dubious things you do

Look at me! I'm so deep! I listen to Acid Bath and Swans! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

1/10 bait, since you made me reply

>bataille
>akira the non sequitur jap imitation of western narrative elements with no actual content or point whatsoever
>"I like music" but not systematically, and other airy aesthete shit

Why is the profile so consistent for people like this?

Why are there so many virtually identical wannabe-libertine decadents, who can't seem to latch onto anything transcendental, and who actually feel some kind of perverse pleasure in the low animal will behind the deconstruction/erosion/decomposition of values?

The real decadents hated bourgeois values, but we have had a century now of spiritually sick floppy nihilists who just hate everything and want to smear poo on their faces and fuck their mother in a forest because someone asked them not to.

Is this really the fucking Kali Yuga? I blame the French

the fact that I like deathconsciousness is unflattering? lmao

>Why is the profile so consistent for people like this?

Age of information

everyone gets their fingers in every pie

>>"I like music" but not systematically, and other airy aesthete shit
what?

The fact that you claim to like it in an anonymous board where nobody cares is.

>Why are there so many virtually identical wannabe-libertine decadents, who can't seem to latch onto anything transcendental, and who actually feel some kind of perverse pleasure in the low animal will behind the deconstruction/erosion/decomposition of values?
Maybe there's only a finite amount of material that suits such an interest, and the people who you want to paint into a corner are actually all unique individuals who you try as hard as possible to unflatteringly portray. because of some sort of moral agenda? Are you a Christian or something? Have you ever tried to live without moral dogmas? How come you say that I'm someone who likes to behave as if I had no morals and likes to enjoy a self indulgent lifestyle? Is that really all you see and think of when you see the things I say, or when you see these people who you've generally portrayed as being all the same? It sounds to me like you don't really understand me or these people, these "wannabe-libertine decadents" who you reject, you just submit to the fear little fear mongering donald trump inside your brain yelling all sorts of fear mongering into your ear. Do you have bug shaped eyes too?

You should either build up some self-awareness, or stop trolling yourself.

When nobody conforms to a way of doing things they all tend to conform regardless, and look all the more silly for it.

What's your point? You don't really sound like you're getting to a point as much as you're just trying to get a reaction, clanging your sword.

>actually all unique individuals

Even if there was a point, why waste it?

You should be saying 'yes, this is how I spend my time. I am proud that I spend time trying to piss people off online".

Your words have been more entertaining than the work I am paid to do.

B-but I have fun reading the classics.
Is there something wrong with me?

>Akira is a deep movie

This is the most realistic edgy teen act I've seen in a long time.
It's like I'm on r/books or something

this is the most entertaining thread on Veeky Forums in a while. i'm inclined to believe op believes all the silly pretentious nonsense he's spraying here. if he's just pretending i'm impressed with his artistic ability to maintain a consistent voice that still gradually gets more assblasted through the performance.