What do you like to use for a bookmark?

What do you like to use for a bookmark?

Other books I'm reading. My entire library is nested like this and I can't find the bottom anymore.

Index cards

Usually scrap bits of paper because I always lose them.

That's when I'm not folding the fuck out of the corners of my pages, of course.

The place I buy used books from always has book marks at checkout. I've grabbed whole stacks at a time while the cashier wasn't looking. I mean, they're free but they probably don't like people taking all of them.

They can always get more.

The bookmarks that bookdepository sends me with my orders. Before bookdepository I used playing cards.

I dog-ear pages

free bookmarks from a couple of bookshops, train tickets, those cardboard things from inside empty packs of cigarette papers.

>those cardboard things from inside empty packs of cigarette papers.
I didn't even know they made cigarette cards any more.

I use a shiny galvantula pokemon card in a slip

Dunno about that user, but in Canada they carry tips on how to quit smoking and a list of hotlines you can call. Oh wait, that guy was talking about something different, I think they just put it in to give the papers more structural support or maybe make them easier to pack at the factory.

Donruss baseball cards c. 1992

>needing a bookmark

what are you 10?

>playing cards
Mah niggah.

A dude stole my ace of Spades out of my book once when I was reading in the pub, though. :(

I use the same laminated bookmark I got from the school library in highschool.

Finish em all in one sitting :^)

I Fold the corner of the page

I buy some popsicles that have star wars book marks on the side. I'm trying to collect all 8

I always use money to mark the page. Moreover, I pocket it back only when I finish reading the book, otherwise it stays in, even if borrowed.

Whenever I read, I make sure to start and stop on new chapters, so I dont need a book mark because I can remember the chapter nimber, also means I don't get caught in the middle of a passage which could lead to more reading than is necessary

Part of a torn up dollar bill my dog ate

Been using a 20 baht note leftover from when I went to Thailand.

Pleb tier: Dog Earing
Average Reader Tier: Bookmark
Patrician Tier: Remembering the page
Yuppie Tier: $100 bill
Cormac Tier: Half-eaten tortilla
Infinite Jest Tier: 2 bookmarks

I just remember the page.

If it's reading for research purposes I'll use sticky notes

don't use them

desu, they make you seem like a pleb. i don't want anyone's discussion of literature, specifically what I'm reading, to be affected by the knowledge of how far i am in the book.

also, since i don't take long breaks away from reading a novel it's a nice short term memory exercise to try and retrace where i left off from.

I usually just remember the page.

But if I'm feeling particularly forgetful that day, I'll stuff a piece of paper or something between the pages.

Only faggots dog-ear pages. I hope you all burn in hell.

funny man

Foreign money. Right now I have UAE dirham bookmarking my philosophy book and a Sri Lankan rupee bookmarking my book about the Enlightenment

I use a BBC.

Good conversation starter.

I don't know why I imagined you with black bangs and glasses even though you're probably a fat guy

Playing cards

yes

my diary desu

A loch of my ex-lover's brunette miff. The aroma gets me in a mood to read every time, though, with a blood-filled sausage in hand.

rememberer here

I use a clip

Emaciated model with 20/20 vision mate.

A ruler.

This is because I read to read.

Also because I love ugly functionalism.

I never understood the purpose of bookmarks. Even as a kid I never used them and teachers would admonish me. But when you read a book and you are forming the composition, structure, and story in your memory then stop, is it really that difficult to remember specific places in the composition and/or where you left off? Like even if days went by, or weeks, hell even months, how could you forget. The only times I used placeholders is when I make citations, and even that isn't really a placeholder, but it's close enough.

A piece of gum

I would do this but paper money is covered in grime from millions of greasy hands. I have some drachmas and some lira and they look like they've been through a war.

This why you never have sex

It's quicker to mark the page number than it is to skim the book looking for content I remember.

I fold papers or notes

If you really want to, you can still use the plastic banknotes sone countries make. They're easily washable.

Just wash them with soap and water.

This.

I like to use this one that my university's library was handing out as a freebie as part of a promo for some sort of social movements collection they were doing.

It's nice. It fulfills its intended purpose well.

I don't like people like you.

It's easy to remember where in the story you left off; it's impossible to remember where in the physical book you left off. And it takes time, searching for things. Why not use a bookmark?

A copy of the blue-eyes white dragon.

>He doesnt read the whole book in one sitting
Go back to le reddit, kid

movie tickets

living human dicks and tits
dicks and tits in a book

dick pics

I use baseball cards

Underrated and well played.

This is a nice one.

that wasn't funny at all but I respect you as a human being

The only alpha answer

Scraps of paper, usually torn from whatever is nearby.

This, mainly.

Or if I'm being a try-hard, i use the front of one of these boxes because the colours are nice.

I've never used a bookmark in my life. Part of the experience for me is flipping around for anything from a moment to several minutes trying to find where I left off. And occasionally accidentally re-reading a number of pages.

An old yugioh card.

I have a stack of old pokemon cards that I tend to use

sometimes I use receipts if I started reading somewhere where I don't have the cards handy

well it would be slow as heck to go through the book until I find the place

with a bookmark, I just open the book and continue

that said sometimes bookmarks are a bit unneeded... if the book is of the kind where I never stop reading except between chapters/books/etc, then it maight be easy enough to find without a bookmark

Rizla, old receipts, whatever. Currently I have a business card for a tattoo parlour.

A love letter

I have like 40 bookmarks from bookdepository, so one of them.

you're a total pseud

How so matey?

MTG cards.

I get paper bookmarks here and there, and while I'm reading the book I slowly chew at them. By the time I finished Anna Karenina, I'd eaten the bookmark.

This. I can't stand leaving mid-chapter or section.

what do you do when a book doesn't have chapters that work out for this? if they're really fucking long or there just aren't any chapters

pokemon cards

A one dollar note that an old classmate gave me as a little gift from when he went to America with his dad.

I dogear the pages

Bite me faggot

I take a poop and then wipe my butt with my finger and then smear the poop stain on the page i want to mark

If I get a book from the library I use the little receipt they give you with the due date. If it's from a used bookstore I open up and flip through books until I find whatever a previous owner was using as a bookmark. They're usually very easy to find.

My grandmother's Miff that I tied into a knot.

When I was in highschool I my autism made me make a bookmark with two flaps to fold around the top and bottom of the page with a sliding bit of paper to mark the exact line and word where I stopped.

Now I just use whatever piece of scrap paper is nearby. Using playing cards is a nice idea, I have a lot of decks lying around that are too damaged for playing or missing a card or two.

If it's one of my books I use a business card.

If it's a library book I just fold down the corner of the top of the page.