Is this really the only version of Gravity's Rainbow without misprints or smears...

Is this really the only version of Gravity's Rainbow without misprints or smears? Bc it's pretty expensive and most other versions are cheaper

The Penguin Classics one held up

you can buy any edition now, they fixed the frank miller cover one

where is it expensive? I bought it on Book Depository and I chose this one partly because it was the cheapest of all. It held up pretty well. Not the best quality paper but not terrible either. But don't buy it if it's overpriced

Don't bother with the Penguin edition. For whatever reason it's missing the whole Slothrop-in-the-arcade section.

I have the Penguin Deluxe edition and it seems to be without misprints. The "your task in these dreams" sentence is intact, so I assume everything else is.

The newer editions have been revised when they put Pynch's stuff up as ebooks

Don't bother any editions because there's better books to read.

Don't the misprints make the book easier to read?

I got the 1987 penguin copy

wait the blueprint one or the spray paint stencil rocket

he's trolling u

hehe I love Thomus Pinchon xD lol :P

Spray paint stencil rocket. I've never read the blueprint edition. Is that older? If so it probably doesn't have it either.

>he doesn't have the GOAT edition

step up senpai

There are at least two typos still in there, but they're very minor. One of them replaces the word "heat" with "heart" and the other one is a parenthetical segment than never closes. But I'm still on page 520 so there might be more, and there are likely a few that I didn't notice.

eh Pynchon's okay.

A little too contrite for my taste, but, you know

I'd buy that version for the book-cover alone.

I want that cover as well, unfortunately for me that's the UK edition. I'm in the US so getting my hands on that is a little too expensive with shipping and all.

How does a widely printed book in the modern age have misprints and smears?

nah m8, thats just a really long parnethesis, it ends around p678

I keep going back and wondering things like this. Like the entire remainder of the book was all inside the parenthesis in that one chapter. But surely Pynchon would have been prosecuted for something that terrible.