Where's your favorite reading spot, Veeky Forums?

Where's your favorite reading spot, Veeky Forums?

On the toilet.

Hell

Then just don't read with other people around, Sartre

Comes out the same as you first read it, huh?

I can only really read if there's other people to witness it. Usually on the big bridge over the river or at a starbucks.

I ride my bike to walmart to get groceries. About a 100 feet from walmart theres a area of grass with a few shady trees. I go grocery shopping mayve 3 times a week and before I get my groceries I go to the grassy area, sit down under a tree, put on relaxing music and read for an hour.

It's my little area and I've noticed that theres a girl who looks to be about 16-18 who has started doing it too. She's been doing it for the last 4 weeks. She picks the tree about 20 feet from mine. I've read there while she was there. She waved at me and I waved back. We've never talked and I can never really see the book she's reading. Its seems medium sized. She doesn't look like a indie girl but shes not preppie in any way. She just looks average. If she sat closer I'd like to ask her what book she's reading because the idea if walking 20 feet to talk to her about a book seems weird. I'm 19 so I'm not worried about coming off as a creepy man but it just seems weird to do that.

I want to know about her. I'm guessing she doesn't live that far away because she walks there.

I'm 19 as well, my friend. Being the same age, it's hard to find "someone" like that.

Talk to her before she disappears without a trace.

Just casually say you've noticed her over time and was curious what she was reading. If it goes further, try it out. If not, shake it off and pretend it was a platonic advance.

>the idea if walking 20 feet to talk to her about a book seems weird
Do you need your mom to set up a play date for you? All you need to approach somebody is an in, and you've got one - "what are you reading?" Simple as that.

Listen, I'm just going to be clear with you.

A girl reading a book is not an invitation to fucking hit on her.

She waved at you, that's it. A wave is not, "wow we should date sometime and you should bother me about it." She just wants to read it peace. You'd think if she cared she'd do something after 4 weeks.

Repeat, a girl reading is not an invitation. Not a bookstore, not at a library, and definitely not outside.

Sad thing us that I've been on Veeky Forums long enough to know that this comes from a tumblr screenshot

>Crooked back/bad posture.
>Back hurts when I sit down in chair and read for too long.
>I can't sit in chair while keeping back straight (without hunching over).
>Arms and neck hurt after a while when reading standing up.
>Neck and balls hurt when lying on stomach on bed with book in front of me.
>Arms hurt from holding book in air when lying on back to read book.

How the fuck do you read without feeling uncomfortable or compromising your posture?

rest the book on a pillow on your stomach while propping your back against a headboard or wall on your bed, using pillows where needed for comfort

My bed. I can lay there and read for hours. My dogs rest next to me and it's bliss.

>the idea if walking 20 feet to talk to her about a book seems weird.

It's only weird if you make it weird.

I like to bike about 20 miles to the Chicago botanical garden and find a nice secluded spot to read for a few hours. Really relaxing/ good for you.

thats how most people met new people back before the internet, you know

my diary desu

dont wait for the right opportunity, make the opportunity

talk to her or you'll be sorry. you don't have to walk 20 feet in front of her. just get her by surprise from behind "hey, what are you reading today?" (but yeah don't stand THAT close to her) or some bs like that

>just get her by surprise from behind

Great advice

Sometimes i take quite a lot of weekend wild-camping trips. I go alone and bring a couple of books. Last time I was in a forest and was situated between a lake and some small falls. I read a lot. It was very relaxing and peaceful, as there aren't any other people around, just myself and nature.

I also find that it's extremely helpful as I am not distracted by temptations of technology and social interaction. I have no distractions and I can fully immerse myself into the book.

Not just that, but I can also take a lot of notes, do some writing myself, meditate. It's one of my favorite things to do. I read during the weeks too, of course. Though the trips are very enjoyable

One of them.

Whereabouts in the US is this? Gorgeous pic, by the way.

Another one.

>the US
You wish, ameribro.

Europe?

How can you even read up there, m8? I'd be too busy taking in that fucking view. The winds up there must be buffeting as well.

It's a hill overlooking the city of Brașov, Romania. This is from the opposite slope.

What about all the fucking insects? And ticks? How is lying in such tall grass comfortable?

There is no strong wind usually and the weather is very pleasant most summer days.

The only inconveniences were : 1. A dumb dog ran up to me and stepped with its dogshit-smeared paw on my kindle, and 2. I got two tick bites on the very day these pics were taken. Must have been the same stupid dog too.

It was my fault though: May is tick season and I shouldn't have been lieing in the thick, wet grass. Now the grass is almost entirely seared and feels like the coarse fur of some hill-sized mastodon.

Lying (not lieing, thanks) in tall grass is very comfortable, user. I just lay my head on my backpack, that's it. There are ticks in the late spring and early summer. I got bit on two occasions. I just go to the emergency room and the nice doc there pulls them out for me.

This is from the old railway bridge. Rate my digits, Veeky Forums.

>emergency room for ticks

lrn 2 straya

That looks wet and slippery. No way you sit there and read.

Also, get on my level, my delinquent-descendant dudebro. Where in Straya can you find such a nice oil-refinery-waste lake to read by?

That actually sounds nice.

Just make sure you arrive after her (or hide for that matter) and then go sit and read under her same tree

>tfw living in a little borgo in south italy

feels pretty good senpai

>The wind... is troubled today.

Kek.

>just gotta walk up to her and b urself bro, works for me every time :)

go say hi! but if she isn't overly enthusiastic just leave. you will regret it if you don't try, but don't invade her. imagine if someone was being a pest towards you while you are having alone time.

this

I don't understand how people can read outside

in my bed drunk as fuck hating everything

This was during the summer
I miss it

Where is that?

Beautiful. But don't you read facing the sea?

The trick is to find a place that's isolated.

Mackinac island
My actual favorite spot was a cliff with tree cover to hammock in, but I don't have pics

gl w hemorrhoids

my parents hammock when i'm home
when i'm at university i like reading on the library's top floor

brace for comfy

brace for comfy

OP here.

Sometimes, I go around town looking for the loudest cafés to read at. Having to drown out the outside noise somehow makes me concentrate more on the book, believe it or not.

I think I have ADHD, but my shrink says it's too early to tell, and won't put me under meds. Even at the quietest places, like in my original post, the smallest things like a leaf falling can break my concentration. Yet reading at a fucking Starbucks while screaming pre-teens blabber about the latest Frank Ocean album can allow me to read a Kafka cover to cover.

I think I'm fucked in the head. Where the fuck do I get Adderall?

Nice meme lad

Obviously pasta but my god.

Whoever wrote this is a shithead.

I actually read on the other side of the docks that you can see on the far right as a group rocks. Ftom there I have the city on the right and the sea on the left

SHART

I really can't read comfortably anywhere that isn't my room.

Do you have any pics?

You guys must think this user was joking, and maybe he was, but believe me, it's really annoying when someone hits on you when you're trying to read/listen to music/do things in peace. I'm a guy, so i never thought hitting on someone was problematic, until a guy hitted on me while i was reading at one of the places where i usually went to read. I noticed he was always there, and then someday he came and obviously hitted on me, and it was awkward as fuck. Now that place is ruined, and i can't go back there because i know that fucker will be there, and just to look at his face and to know he will be watching me is fucked up.
Don't ruin her place user

>her place
You mean, the place where OP was and that she started using after him?

>oh no, a girl will have to exchange a few words with a guy
As long as OP doesn't go full creep I don't see any problem, especially considering she already waved at him. It's a fucking conversation, it's not like he's going to ask her to marry him right there.

"her place" i mean a place she likes

This is Mackinac, I know the spot!

You just stayed there all summer? Were you working on the island?

Are there stray cats on that seawall? Bring them food and maybe you can pet the kittens.

I've lived in a lot of places like that and those seawalls often have feral colonies.

this looks like it would be full of normies and very not comfy

Only 10 weeks but yeah working up there

you should probably start running

Yeah we have load of cats troughout the entire town. Old ladies feed them, so I dont usually do, also because most of them are fat as fuck.

This is 100% untrue.
If a random person has tha guts to hit on you be sure they are smooth enough to have a follow up line.

Doing what?

Familiar with surrey hill?

Yeah, it's full of carriages. So, you just came from the mainland and applied for jobs up and down the island? Sorry for so many questions it just sounds unbelievably nice to stay and work there all summer.

My uncle lived in st ignace and offered the job
If you want to work on the island next season, carriage tours is always hiring (they even overhired this year).
I absolutely recommend working there

Maybe I'll look into it. I do hope you really enjoyed your summer user