Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums,

What are the best Supplements for brain gains?

already knocked fish oil off the list

Ginseng tea or caffeine usually helps me.

adderall and red bull

Adderall just makes me sleepy

Maybe I need a higher dosage

Is the fish oil you get from GNC good?

Been taking it everyday for... a good while.

Did you knocked multivitamins as well?
Also exercise helps you a bit, just 30 minutes a day keeps the drowsiness away.

Supplements won't help you unless you have a deficiency due to a medical problem or malnutrition.

If you have even a somewhat varied diet, you don't need supplements.

There's no science behind any of it.

The evidence that links fish oil to causing prostate cancer is as strong as the evidence that shows it has benefits.

Luckily for you two, the evidence for both is shit.

Save your money.

But the evidence for fish oil supplements causing prostate cancer is stronger than the evidence for reducing cardiovascular disease or any other claimed benefits.

just sleep, healthy diet with all your vitamins and minerals, exercise, stress relief (stress is shown to fuck up your prefrontal cortex). stay away from caffeine and alcohol.

also any drug you take you just risk side effects which interrupt other parts of your day/night.

oh and meditation

>If you have even a somewhat varied diet, you don't need supplements.

Is that so? Are you sure you get enough calcium and magnesium?

Sleepy? What?

I take 5mg boosters for when my vyvanse starts to wear down and sometimes I get a little sleepy

rosemary tea

one thing is, its impossible to test and yeah some studies now do actually say that western diets can make people prone to things like not having enough magnesium and stuff like that. this year the nhs is recommending people in the uk to take vitamin d supplements because they dont think people get enough in their diets and the lack of light in winter (sun sets at like 4pm).

Yeah, I consume foods with plenty of both and I spend time in the sun. These are two of the more common deficiencies.

You can get plenty of both with a somewhat varied diet.

If you eat a decent diet and don't have any medical problems, you don't need any supplements.

if you spend any amount of time indoors then you probably arent getting enough vitamin d

you need that shit for so many different things

where are you getting this from? what studies are you drawing from here?

So eating fish causes prostate cancer?

it isn't something magical that improves intellect, only take it if you're deficient in what it provides. You could be harming yourself otherwise.

Adderall, if you can get your hands on it. You can obtain it legally - just setup a mental health appointment at your primary care clinic and tell them you have trouble paying attention, trouble with concentration, etc. There will be tests and several sessions, but you will end up with a prescription.

I like instant release, the extended release last way too long. You have more control with instant release as to the dosage and for how long you want the effects to last.

Take small doses, I sometimes tell people I am taking a "quarter-all" because I divide my adderall into 4 pieces and usually only take a quarter of a pill at a time. Sometimes half.

As long as you take low doses, adderall does not have negative health effects besides maybe having to take melatonin at night to sleep.

Make sure you stay hydrated and eat.

>caffeine
why

>made up chemical laden shit
Enjoy cancer

Weed.

>ADAM NOW 1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch
>EPA+DHA=1 gram per main meal
>creatin mono 5 gram for pseudo cognitive functioning
>Vitamin C 1gram per main meal
>Vitamin D3 5000iu once a day
>small joint once a week

Basic idea is just to keep body healthy, which will help brain functions indirectly. There is no magic shit to boost your brain. Just have a healthy balanced diet and exercise every now and then.

Afinils
The various Racetams

My secret is ZMA at night. Any brand will do. My life changed drastically after it and my sleep quality went up even though I still only sleep 7 hours a day.

If you arent a lifterbro and are fat look into chromium supps as well, but take half dosage. It's not studied enough to warrant an OD.

I got pramiracetam and centrophenoxine in my stack. Can confirm longterm benefits, been taking it since January

modafinil
amphetamines
methylphenidate
4-fluoromethylphenidate
ethylphenidate
4-fluoroethylphenidate

knock yourself out

Note that it is better to just eat fatty fish. If you do take supplements you need to keep it cool.
Fish oil supplements are also overpriced.

yes

This is incorrect

false

any fish in captivity doesn't have the fatty-acids you want

>ethylphenidate
This is an excellent functional stim. That is, if your function is masturbating.

reminder that fish oil capsules are made from fish thats too poor quality to sell as anything else
OP was asking for supplements that are actually good for brain health, not drugs that may boost your mental performance while youre on it while doing the opposite on the long term
nope. maybe if you do it instead of alcohol
no
these
not true

>healthy diet with all your vitamins and minerals

Any examples of this?

With how much nutrients you need and with all the interdependencies it seems to me like you need to be a nutritionist to create a diet plan that has all the nutrients you need.

> best Supplements for brain gains?
Studying an engaging topic
Listening to complex music
Sustained aerobic activity
Sex
Having a full night's sleep

Most everything else is marketing in various forms, provided you are eating properly to your activity level.