What is it about Marx that attracts so many posturing pseuds and obscurantists?

What is it about Marx that attracts so many posturing pseuds and obscurantists?

I think it must be related to the fact that it is impossible to be a leftist without being sanctimonious and pretentious.

Pound was a minor poet at best, Eliot's best work was written before he became a conservative and Yeat's mindset is much too unique to be called 'right wing'.
I like me some Kipling though, his work makes for fine songs.

Can you start with a better argument, user? Prove to me this isn't a bait thread.

>much too unique to be called 'right wing'
idiot

I mean that it feels extremely limiting to label his philosophy as merely 'right wing' especially when he held a very negative view of politics. His Conservatism was much more cultural and artistic.

do you guys think bob dylan is bad? i don't ever come here and i don't know anything about poetry. i like his lyrics a lot

>Pound was a minor poet at best
Dude, come on.

It's true, he was a great translator and a fine man who helped struggling artists who he found worthy of his time, but his actual poetry does not compare to Eliot or Yeats. He is a good minor poet, but he is too much wrapped up in literature as a concept and is always intensely theoretical.

Hi, yes he's bad

Right wing contains conservatives and libcaps, at least in the last 50 years. Trump is authoritarian capitalist, and the party is split.

The recent conservative culturul appreciation for strength and independence will either die with trump or cease to exist alltogether, since if open borders passes, the republican party will no longer exist.

Literally pick up the Oxford anthology and compare any poem in there to Bob Dylan. He is good as a songwriter, but his lyrics are not poetry.

alright thanks
well it's obvious that i can't tell good from bad in poetry so that would be pointless

>well it's obvious that i can't tell good from bad in poetry
Of course you can, you will have a different opinion to other people who read it, but you will definitely love poetry after a year of reading through it. The key is not to feel that you are an idiot for not liking particular poems, most Veeky Forumsdrones would screech autistically and call me a pleb, but the music of a poem must draw you in. You shouldn't really waste time analysing a poem if it doesn't click or at least leave you in awe at it.

Dylan's pretty good desu.

I am a conservative Catholic, and I consider Neruda's Communist poetry to be excellent.
My reasoning for that is that Communism is very much like a religion, and it ended up being the "religion" or set of beliefs and dogmas which ended up inspiring Neruda.
Communism can be a valid source of inspiration.

Although, to be sincere, modern American leftists dont have much in common with that. They are mainly college educated upper middle class people who are forced to fight for female locker rooms for shemales since they lack real problems.

for some reason i don't appreciate poetry. i enjoy listening to or reading songs lyrics. i think some lines are clever and that i wish i had thought of that. but for some reason i don't feel the same with any poem i've read

That is fair enough, it is still worth having a decent peruse through an anthology though. You may find that one poet who really makes you appreciate poetry. Henry Miller didn't really think poetry was that great, he preferred prose and he is a great writer.

Yeah, I don't think you have a working definition of 'right-wing'. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like you do.

Right-wing does not need to be political; it is more of a philosophical stance linked only by a trend towards hierarchy.

what's an anthology you like

Someone is making those bait threads on every board.

The more I think about it, the more I feel a bit silly. I do understand the definition, but I was just resisting the notion as I am basically a gay little liberal shitbag. I concede that he does have many ideas in common with the right and could indeed be considered right wing.

The Oxford one is good. I have the Christopher Ricks edition, but the Arthur Quiller-Couch one has an historical position. I used to have it, must have forgotten it duting a move.

>I am basically a gay little liberal shitbag
lol