How the fuck do I write a female character

How the fuck do I write a female character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wse_hgca220
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

become a female

just write a person and then add tits

just write a male character but remove logical thought and etc.

>and etc

If you have to ask you're already done for.

The same people that say there's no difference between men and women also say men can't write women.

this, there's no reason to worry about "how" to write a female character unless you're writing historical fiction.

Gender, and gender roles are dead, so a woman and a man can literally be whatever.

Good female character = sexy, naughty but completely loyal to the mc and not a slut

Bad Female character = independant

thanks for the (You) tho, seriously

Write a male but remove logic and replace with emotional empathy.
Go nuts

You can not honestly believe this? Or you have never interacted with people from the other gender before.

Just because men and women can now do the same jobs, does not mean men and women are at all alike.

by making her a male character

just be yourself

>does not mean men and women are at all alike.

I didn't say that either. I said gender and gender roles are dead, which they are, so whichever kind of personality trait you are going claim is "male" or "female" is by default wrong, and can exist in either sex.

that's it

this piece of dialogue would be a good example of what was talking about

Who is the Crestfallen Warrior of literature?

"...At the risk of making a dozen devoted enemies for life, I can only say that the sniffs I get from the ink of the women are always fey, old-hat, Quaintsy Goysy, tiny, too dykily psychotic, crippled, creepish, fashionable, frigid, outer-Baroque, maquillé in mannequin’s whimsy, or else bright and stillborn. Since I’ve never been able to read Virginia Woolf, and am sometimes willing to believe that it can conceivably be my fault, this verdict may be taken fairly as the twisted tongue of a soured taste, at least by those readers who do not share with me the ground of departure..."

Take Norman Mailer's observations and impose them on your characters

Declaring any idea "dead" is never not cringeworthy, and this particular declaration especially is pants-on-head retarded.

>shits on women writers

>acts like women are devilish Others

>Realizes that writing women characters like they are from a redpill fever dream makes for bad literature

Wow, you really showed me with that statement of indignation. I guess I'm going to have to change my mind now because that was so amazing argumentation.

I'm literally speechless, wew.

Stop that passive agressiveness, bitch. It's exasperating and childish.

>gender roles
>dead

I live in an upper middle class town, and many of my friends are modern, educated women. Every single one of them have thrown their diploma on the floor at the chance to be a stay at home mom and housewife to a rich man and live in mcmansions and host garden parties.

This board is young, but in the face of reality that kind of thought collapses as soon as it hits reality, whether it be the workspace (hordes of backstabbing catty women destroying office unity and efficiency while men work their ass off and are promoted) school (female medical students who previously had sworn off having babies suddenly turning to puddles when they do an OB rotation) or life. As far as the untermenschen, they shit out unwanted babies and stay at home on phones they cant afford in their legions while their husbands. Gender roles are dead for a tiny portion of middling educated formerly middle class college students between the age of 17 and 24. After that they either become old maids who happen to work, or revert to traditional roles en masse. There is nothing more pathetic than a "successful" 35 year old woman desperately trolling match.com because she suddenly realized that being independent has gotten her nothing but a tiny 401k and a small condo, and that she desperately needs to procreate.

>while their husbands slave away at low paying jobs and drink themselves to death

OP here, im leaning towards ambitious and greedy, wanting to advance in the company (it's an office setting). She's cunning/sharp enough to make the MC scared she'll find/figure out what he is, so he kills her somewhere like 50-70% of the way through the book. It's just frustrating that with all the male characters i easily gave them traits, a past, and started creating scenarios for their dialog. With this woman I honestly was hard-pressed to even come up with what little I had.

Imagine that you overlook most of the stuff in life that you actually notice as a man. Patterns, logics, conclusions, reasoning.

Remove double-thinking from the character.

And dumb down her vocab because females don't care for language.

That's it really, unless you're writing some enlightened artistic one of a kind manic pixie grown up girl

Yeah, gender roles are dead. Because society doesn't enforce them.

I don't care whether or not a woman wants to be a housewife of her on volition, because that's not what I was talking about is it?

Gender roles are dead, because there's no societal pressure, or cultural expectation for women to be subordinated to a husband, and be a housewife anymore, which it was 100 years ago.

Women can literally do whatever they want, as can men, so yes, gender roles are dead.

I also am unsure if I want her to sleep with management, because that feels too obvious to me. Just someone who says the right things to the right people, giving the illusion of hard work.

How asspained can someone possibly be?

>She's cunning/sharp enough to make the MC scared she'll find/figure out what he is
Already not too realistic

How to Female
>obssesed with her daily routine
like facebook
>interested in clothes & make up
watch the shittiest shit on the TV
>like gossip & talking behind people's back
like horoscope and fortunetellers
>obssesed with HERSELFFFFFF
virtue signaling
>good at housekeeping
good at socializing or at least not too bad
>avoids conflict most of the times
either extremely vengeful or too scared to act, timid
>prefers to play it safe, unadventurous & risk aversive, hesitant, afraid of change

Says she loves the main character then she fucks somebody else.
>it just happened.

Things to avoid:
>men doing obviously stupid things, endangering their own lives or the lives of many, playing the hero role, because of the woman
shit happening because of the woman's feelings
>women being leaders /in adventure, in relationship, in daily life/, unless its current year in your novel
women having insight, great ideas in dangerous situations
>male characters expresses feelings, female is impressed

Things that are good
women failing and getting themselves raped, beaten, killed
men lying to women
women lying to men

>inb4 hates women, beta male virgin fedora king
I could write a Male character if you like, Veeky Forums
Also, add stuff that are good or bad for a female character and critique what I have already written, whatever.

Are you trying to make a character that seems nice and people like, but is actually really smart, cunning and selfish. Nobody realizes until its too late, unless he is also cunning, selfish and smart

You sound young and female. There is massive societal pressure to fit in to that mold. Ive literally heard a group of college educated (MS, MD, PhD) women slamming other women (outside of earshot of course) for relying on day care, using formula, not disciplining their children correctly, not eating organic food, looking sloppy. I also know some stay at home dads, and whenever it comes up, the first fucking thing said is "when are you going back to work". No one says that to the moms of course, because that is their role.

I've also had a female office manager have me fire someone because it was noticed that she may have had a nipple piercing under her clothes and we "dont want whores representing us". Ive also fired people for being pregnant and not finding child care, not my choice and on the downlow, but it happens.

Social convention is as strong as it ever was, and the attempt to tear down norms has only replaced them with other norms, that are equally applied to gender. When you get out of your collegiate hugbox you will realize this.

The MC is a killer who overanalyzes social situations to fit in. Everyone likes him as a friend to some degree, but he can also classify all of his co-workers so he can say and do the right things when interacting with the right people. He cannot read this new female co-worker, which makes him guarded.

He doesn't kill anyone he knows for safety reasons, the new female being the exception cause she makes his social camouflage feel flimsy. Maybe she isn't so much ambitious or capable, but she just doesn't buy the MS's act.

Right, so because your corporate environment is a shithole, this means that your anecdotes are applicable to the topic at hand?

No, it doesn't.

The point I am trying to make which you obviously didn't get, is that traits commonly associated with females, can exist in males, and vica versa, because there exists cliques of people that can accept any kind of behavior in people, which wouldn't be true 100 years ago.

There is a reason SJW culture at universities is so pernicious and that's because a man who acts like a traditional woman gets accepted for that behavior, and a woman who acts butch and masculine is also accepted for that kind of behavior.

This will only become more and more prevalent in the rest of society, and it won't stop at universities.

You can rant over the semantics of "role", but not all of dem "roles" are social constructions. What you call role may be only a sistematic classification and tagging of certain natural traits, as well as several ideologic and contingent ornamentations.

Yeah, sure it only exists in anecdotes and isnt representative at all levels of society.

You realize that the reason the gender pay gap exists right now is because of unpaid maternity leave and women leaving the workforce to conform to non-paying gender roles which cedes seniority in pay and position to men right? Your delusions are not an argument.

What is fantastic is when an SJW gets to my office. She starts crowing loud and then gets cut down real quick when the boss makes an off color comment, another SJW criticizes him, and suddenly gets her fair-well slip.

Sure she threatens some lawsuit, but my boss has attorneys on retainer and she has no cash and lots of student loans. Pretty soon she starts falling in with the other females in a primordial pack mentality, talking about makeup and sluts. She soon starts opening up about her boyfriend that doesnt take her seriously, and how she will never have a baby. Finally she is just another cog that would do anything to have a man take care of her.

What is MC, btw?
What you are doing is, you are making a killer overanalyzing stuff. Than you have this other character that is supposed to look through this master mind. Which means this female must also be a mastermind. Masterminds can be ambitious, but they hate people. They act friendly towards them, but they hate them. You could try to make the female similar to the killer, because only one black ninja can kill another black ninja. Also I think she should be acting alone, or using other people. Does she have a motive for investigating the killer? How does doing detective work help her in her ambition and greed?

It's more that she doesn't fall in line when the group is together in terms of their conversations. She's just a smart-ass that attempts to toy with the main character (MC) and the others, who all fall for it to a degree. She is altering the group dynamic which the main character doesn't like

>You realize that the reason the gender pay gap exists right now is because of unpaid maternity leave and women leaving the workforce to conform to non-paying gender roles which cedes seniority in pay and position to men right?

You're trolling right?

Is she the pain in the ass of the MC? Is she the main problem that our hero has to deal with, at least for those 50-70 % of your book.

When you account for the factors he mentioned, the pay gap reduces to around 2-6%. In fact, from age 19-30, the pay gap favors women now.

becoming hollow senpai

story is
> parents killed
> no she isn't batman
> lives with grandparents
> mafia uncle takes the girl and makes her what you want, over confident, manipulative, although he never reveals to her he is working for the mafia
> uncle is dead, illness/ killed whatever
> he was there just to teach her to be annoying for the MC
> girl moves moves to a new city for a fresh start,starts a job, gets killed.
THE END

>also she speaks Italian.

>young girl with moderately rich parents
>happy childhood
>happy teens
>than she starts lurking Veeky Forums
>power level increases
>family is falling appart
>she doesn't care because family is just a spook
>she starts work in a new city
>she is hyper aware about social situations, she can tell before a person has said a word if the interaction will go well, just by looking at how the person approached, body language etc.
>sees this guy, he's hot, has killer eyes. She observes descretely some of his interactions.
>she notice the guy is a social chameleon, intrigued
>wants to fuck the guy, because he is alpha
>tries to show him that she is like him, so she plays his game. provokes him and shit
>decides to make a thread about the guy on /r9k/, looking for tips how to sway the alpha.
>the killer reads the thread, gives her tips how to sway him
>from all the troll responses she sees the killer's message
> "The guy is obviously alpha, he doesn't fuck any woman, he picks whichever woman he likes, so you have to make him pick you. Confront him one on one and do what you are made for"
>she cheks post number
>its quints
>77777
>"Its decided /r9k/, tomorrow I'll make a thread and post result"
> next day she gets up early, makes herself hot and sexy
> killer gets up early, makes himself handsome and sexy
> they both go to work
> they both stalk for the perfect moment
> killer goes for a pee
> woman sees opportunity
> killer doesn't need to pee
> waits in the toilet
> she comes
> "This is the men's bathroom, Jessica"
cont.

Indeed, which is why I was asking if he was trolling.

Women don't seem to experience things as strongly as men but they do experience the same emotions and thoughts, just to a lesser degree. There's a difference but it isn't completely foreign. Also there are outliers who do have the same depth and often personalities as men, just like there are men who are more shallow and irrational.

kek

im not going to read this thread but im 99% certain you retards make them solely to shitpost

>Women don't seem to experience things as strongly as men but they do experience the same emotions and thoughts, just to a lesser degree

What a retarded thing to say

Just make all your important characters male and have women be supporting. Even lady killers like Camus did that.

it has something to do with feelings and emotion perception i dunno

write a character and then make them female, don't try to write a female character

what a load of bullshit

youtu.be/wse_hgca220

get to know females.