Do you read in public?

Do you read in public?
How to overcome the fear of reading in public?

i can only read when others see me do so. and even then im only pretending, i cant even read lol

be like him

What are you afraid of exactly?

i'm not sure if its a regional thing but it kinda attracts evil eyes

No, because I'm afraid people will think that I'm trying to impress them.

nah

read in public if you have a reason for it.

I read in public occasionally. No one gives a shit. If it makes you anxious, think about what about it makes you anxious, do it, then reflect on how none of the dumb shit that you thought would happen was a big deal at all.

Think about the book you're reading and not the people who are outside of the book you're reading

If people are looking at you in an unwelcoming way, I think there may be other reasons than having a book.

yeah, it makes me really anxious, but its a constant feeling when theres many people around me

Yes.

Realize you're going to die and no one gives a single solitary fuck about you.

If you're that much of a pathetic beta, please don't go in public

>evil eye
you really believe in that shit?

Didn't know this was a thing, use something to hide your book cover, maybe it will helps if no one know what are you reading

>i can only read when others see me do so
this. it makes me feel special

This.

Reading in public is awesome. It's literally a barrier; no one bothers you. I have people bother me more when i have earphones in than reading

>fear of reading in public?
This is the most idiotic thing I have read in Veeky Forums in quite a while.

Only read at coffee shops.
If someone approaches you, place a potato on the table and say nothing.
If they don't leave immediately, place hard boiled egg also on the table.
If they skill don't leave place a small plastic box with a biohazard sticker on the table.
If they don't leave at that point, you've just made a friend and you're going to have to learn how to deal with that.

Better than playing your 3DS in public.
Reading in public makes you look smart and cultured and laid-back, unless you're reading Pop lit or Harry Potter, or hipster shit like Infinite Jest.

Really, high school is the only period of your life where it should be normal to feel self-conscious reading in public.

yes I always read on the subway

This. Always this. I could be reading Green Eggs and Ham and I'll feel people think I'm some kind of pretentious prick.

>hating on infinite jest
cool memes, bro

if you read in public you are just begging for attention. "look how smart i am! i'm reading gombrowicz!"

there's no reason why you shouldn't just read in the privacy of your own home, maybe the yard if you want fresh air. plus who wants to carry their book around all day and risk damaging it?

its better to read a book while waiting for something than waste your time scratching up your phone screen

I tried taking a book to a cafe to read while I was waiting for my food to arrive and I couldn't get past a single page it was so distracting.

>there is no value in being in public ever

Yeah except for when I want to socialize a bit with people hanging out in/working at a cafe before I read quietly alone, occasionally taking a break to chat

>plus who wants to carry their book around all day and risk damaging it?
>he cares for books as objects
>he doesn't enrich his reading experiences with annotations and margin notes and dog-eared pages
>he doesn't love and abuse his books for days at a time before putting them to rest on his shelf, worn and cherished
>he has no social encounters to remind him of the books he was reading when those memories were made
>he has no books to remind him of the social encounters he had and the friends he made while reading them

You're missing out faggot

>Strangers have talked to him because of a book he was reading
Ree, etc

Nice job replying to something I never said

There's a reason memes exist.

>implying women read

On Sundays when I am working past 6(which is the latest you can buy alcohol where I live on that day), I have to go the bar to get the amount of alcohol that will let me sleep, so I bring my book and read there. This happens rarely on a weekday, if I am working past 11, but generally not.

i don't think women are capable of understanding that book

What kind of crazyness is this? In my country/city lots of people read in the subway or bus.

i just can't fucking focus man

how do women not realize that they're just fucking memes at this point.