Back To School

/lit im going back to school on a budget, how do i get books on the cheep/free

this is the one i need most 9781259544927

help a guy out and ill give you______everyday

Other urls found in this thread:

highered.mheducation.com/sites/0073523968/student_view0/chapter1/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will an older edition do?

Library or you can rent books from some sellers.

maybe

its an online class so a little incontinent

Pdf everything
Go to libgen

they dont got it

google

>this is the one i need most 9781259544927
which book is it?

i did

try google schoolar or google author book title + pdf

If I was you I would ask a classmate to photocopy the table of contents and use free sources to get the information it pretends to hold at premium. Seriously, I wouldnt pay a fucking cent for books at college unless it was a book of math problems.

its an online class, im being cucked

>9781259544927
highered.mheducation.com/sites/0073523968/student_view0/chapter1/index.html

found it in online format

thats the 2nd edition
but thanks m8

who cares, there is nothing new under the sun. Unless you are using the quizzes, in which case drop the class.

ya i am fufufufufu

also can't drop the class, need the credit

Go to he Salvation Army. I visit different Salvation Army stores weekly and look through their books. 50 cents for paperback and $1 for hardcover. They often have them 50% off, too.

>300 dollar textbook

Would go to professor and tell them they are being unethical, and forcing kids to choke up that money negates any good karma they have picked up in their lives. You could point out that a minimum of work would enable her to build a test online with the same content and provide articles available through jstor to read. If they tried to act like a phd with a chip on their shoudler at that point I would drop the class and make up the credits literally anywhere else. I would not do well in college nowadays.

its a Tough

>published in 2016
You are fucked

This. Fuck profs like this.

Check for an ebay seller with a best offer option, and low ball them, you may get lucky.

I went to that site out of curiosity to see what a 300$ textbook looks like. I couldn't see it but there were two quizzes linked in the side menu. I got 100% on both. I'm not bragging because they were trivial and I got all my information on ancient history from wikipedia and a few introductory books for the general reader.

My question is: Are those quizzes supposed to assess the knowledge of the student before taking the class or after it? Because if the latter is the case, then...holy shit! 300$ for a textbook that gets you no farther than wikipedia? (Not to mention there's lots more information on wikipedia).

Out of interest I took the same quiz. I haven't studied history since middle school, but I still got 80%.

The ones I got wrong were:

2. The most revolutionary aspect of Neolithic culture was the appearance of cave paintings.

4. Writing most likely developed from cave painting.

10. The Upanishads compile commentaries on the Mahabarata.

It seems like there's a quiz on each chapter, but they all seem pretty easy.

well boys looks like i have to buy a $300 dollars garbage book

Look around on bookfinder.com, rentals are shown there as well. And some older edition sells for a few bucks, lovely publishing companies.

asked my teacher and she said keep it on the DL but she would give me the PDF

i like her now

Download epub/pdf for free, if you can find it.
If you need a physical copy, buy one of the earlier editions used, and get copies of the pages from the new edition that have been changed from the previous editions, and stick them inbetween the pages.

Publishers put out new editions every year or so to get people to continuously buy their books all while changing minor things, otherwise people would just buy the older books for cheap.

Every one of my textbooks for the last couple of semesters has included a code that's necessary to access some online resource used in the class, usually also sold alone with an ebook copy.

A friend in one of my classes had to buy a textbook just for the code, despite already having a copy of the book.

I'm an old fuck going back to school after years of being a NEET bum, is this kind of shit normal for all colleges now, or just my shitty local community college? When I went 10+ years ago I pirated every book I could with no problems.

I'm in management (purposefully vague) at a big corporate college bookstore. Anybody have questions?

Hey, I'm Yes, it's very common. We carry whatever book the professor decides on. Their choices are often influenced by what packages the publisher offers them. Often times a publisher gives a professor a full suite of lesson planning stuff if they require the book. Some publishers even offer a full semester's worth of slides which the professor simply regurgitates. When professors require codes it's because it makes their job easier. You can buy the codes separately online but the publishers price gouge them to keep you from buying used books.

To what extent has piracy made a dip in actual sales?

Next to zero at my store. Kids are fucking stupid and it's almost never their money. I've had a couple of special situations where I pulled a kid aside and told them to just pirate the ebook and they still just bought it.

The things that have hurt our sales are online competitors and the used market.

where can I buy those codes separately online?

Online retailers or directly from the publisher. On some rare occasions the publisher will refuse to sell it separately but that's a minority of cases.