Surpassing Joyce and Ulysses

Surpassing DFW and Infinite Jest

arn't most of the reviews saying this is a tour de force

greatest book of all time confirmed

oh, huh, I assumed it would be trash.

Should I read it?

>"tour de force"

it's prob good tho

It's seriously three volumes? What the fuck?

I assume it's gonna be really good. But it's too long unfortunately i won't read it.

I'm kind of exited for it. I pre ordered it a few days ago and just really hope it's going to be as good as the few reviews so far say it is. God knows who's reviewing this thing right now though.

tour de farce more like

tl:dr is no excuse on Veeky Forums

wait, are there multiple editions with different covers? I really want to read it but im not gonna buy a book that looks like the one in OPs picture

The excerpts I've read read like fan fiction or something I'd write in 10th grade as a joke.

>Advance reading copy - final cover coming soon

>The excerpts I've read read like fan fiction or something I'd write in 10th grade as a joke.

yet here on the sri lankan theatre board your sentence construction should bring shame. you are bad english, johnny. fuck yourself no close alan moore fucking rat nigger

>getting this triggered over hack fanfic

I do not plan to read Jerusalem. Postmodernists who love Alan Moore can't see that he is actually a herald of the death of art.

read Blake's Jerusalem instead. you crack monkeys don't know what fires burn in the night.

>Moore is a member of The Arts Emergency Service, a British charity working with 16- to 19-year-olds in further education from diverse backgrounds.

and... DROPPED

Hey look it's the guy who doesn't know what postmodernism is again.

>some faggy occultist who wrote v for vendetta
>returns to writing novels
>surpasses Joyce
You better be fr**king joking kid

yeah, i'm sure you're too busy.

tigers?

Dang

dont judge a book by its cover xP

Good move, alt-rightist. I'm sure you'd have an easier time with YouTube videos and infographics anyway.

Even if he writes the greatest novel a comic book writer has ever written...it still wouldn't be THAT good.

I think it will be the greatest novel by a comic book writer, but mid-tier quality overall.

I feel like Bottom's Dream/Zeittels Traum is more likely to be god-tier.

Probably won't get to either for a few years though. Don't get how all you anons have time for so many doorstoppers.

I would get Bottom's dream on pre-order, that tun won't last long.

Also NEET life bro.

>I feel like Bottom's Dream/Zeittels Traum is more likely to be god-tier.

Fuck this board is getting pretentious

read some actual books

>thousand page epic
>not bound in human skin or vellum
>shitty cover art

explain

Didn't know it was gonna be so big. 3 books....

But that is an actual book

dropped with the tour de force of 1000 suns

German here, everybody here knows Arno Schmidt is a bourgeois fake who basically wrote the world's longest dirty joke. Only angloplebs would be impressed by his simple-minded stylistic pyrotechnics.

Reminds me of Elemental Masters to be honest.

“Any editor worth their salt would tell me to cut two-thirds of this book but that’s not going to happen. I doubt that Herman Melville had an editor – if he had, that editor would have told him to get rid of all that boring stuff about whaling: ‘Cut to the chase, Herman'

The author has revealed intriguing details about the book in the past, telling the BBC in 2008 that a section will feature his brother’s adventures in the fourth dimension, while the “middle bit” is “a savage, hallucinating Enid Blyton”.

According to other interviews, there is also a “Lucia Joyce chapter, which is completely incomprehensible … all written in a completely invented sub-Joycean text”, a chapter in the form of a Samuel Beckett play, because the author once visited the town to play cricket, “a noir crime narrative based upon the Northampton pastor James Hervey, whom I believe was the father of the entire Gothic movement”, and “a combination of the ghost story and the drug narrative”.

“I am currently on the last official chapter,” he told the Guardian late last year, “which I am doing somewhat in the style of Dos Passos. It should be finished by the end of the year or close to it. I don’t know if anyone else will like it at all.”

It was inspired by Finnegans Wake, so no shit it'd be a dirty joke. Though I think these fags here getting worked up over a translation are pseuds, because if it's anything like Finnegans Wake reading a translation is a waste of time.

Busy reading other good books. Damn I didn't think that would be a hard concept.

What is it about?

Alan Moore's imagination

It's apparently around 500,000 words, so about as long as IJ.

He's using Northampton as a playground to unleash all of his literary knowledge. It'll either be great or a complete mess.

nice profile pic

i don't think that guy is capable of surpassing DFW, let alone Joyce

how does one have less than no discernible talent?

WHERE ARE THE EPUBS IM NOT SPENDING REAL MONEY ON THIS SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>It'll either be great or a complete mess.
false dichotomy

I'm pretty sure Alan Moore is already a greater writer than DFW?

He is as far as I care tbqh

*adds to backlog*

*please kys*

Alan pls go

IJ didn't need to be that long and this thing likely doesn't either.