Could of been shorter desu senpai

could of been shorter desu senpai

i didn't get the point of spending 3/4 of the closing trial re-capping the book

sounds like bad reading comprehension

I disagree, I can't think of one part that could be removed.

the rambling dialogues and zosimas life story

>zosimas life story
Literally the most important book in the novel.

>could of
opinion disregarded

agree in that, like other books like the adolescent, i hear for dozens and dozens of pages about documents, rooms, and mild social kerfuffles.
then am stunned by some massive revelatory passage

Mods please delete piece of shit threads like this that are obviously just shitty memers trying to meme.

The trial at the end, restating the entire plot of the novel several times for no reason.

still sounds like bad reading comprehension

I don't know how to sound more genuine on a Veeky Forums board but I really would like an explanation with content. If there was meaning that I missed, I'd like to correct it.

could of? off can't. of can on.

I'm up to that now and I like it a lot.

The point is that his guilt or innocence is ambiguous to us. Looking at the earlier events in different ways makes either case seem plausible. In the end, we never learn the truth.

I thought his innocence was obvious. Not denying that it was meant to be ambiguous, but the defending lawyer shits on psychology yet at the same time is more psychologically accurate in describing Dimitris mental state and personality. If go into more detail but I'm on my phone.

Also the recap was necessary.

How can we be so sure about his innocence? Couldnt Smerdyakov just have lied? Of course he doesnt really have a motivation besides basically being personified evil, but then again he wouldnt have a real motivation to commit the crime

>tfw I bought this 2 years ago and still haven't read it

I agree

Well he did have the 3000 roubles stuffed in his sock.
He could have been trying to impress Ivan, who had a big influence on him, and carry out the "everything is permissible" idea.

When the defence lawyer pointed out everyone's moral lackings it showed that no one is free of sin and that we are all responsible for each others sins, which is a big theme of the book.
You can also see many of the characters struggle with their guilt.

Also it's a long book so it could be nice to be reminded of exactly what happened and how everyone viewed the events.

>tfw I bought this eight years ago and it has collected dust on my bookshelf ever since

I'm an awful reader

P&V?

Not for me!

I always start reading about five pages, then quit. Then start again and quit.

Help

>zosimas life story
that's pretty short though

I was convinced of his innocence well before the trial. He's not very sharp, and he had no fear in saying incriminating things because he believed he had the truth on his side. And Smerdyakov confessed? How was Dimitri's innocence ever in question?

>tfw can now read enough russian to understand the gist of the first page, knowing just over half the words

This is a great feel lads. It only took just over 3 months to get this far

Does anyone else slightly prefer Crime and Punishment?