Where does Veeky Forums buy books?

Ok guys, where do you buy books?

I usually buy from bookdepository, but I'm angre at them at the moment (long story short: they send me some books that where just terrible editions and when I wanted to return them they asked me to pay for the shipping, which was like 60 dollars!).

Living in southamerica makes shipping cost very expensive, so, any free-shipping is good for me.

>Wordery used to be good, but they no longer send books to my country.

>kennys.ie is also good, but its a little bit more expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1564786919/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's a used bookstore like 15 blocks from me that has an unexpectedly magnficent selection of books. i just bought
the trial
collection of kafka short works
siddhartha
one day in the life ivan denisovich
eugene onegin
glory
and a book about russian avant garde books from 1917-34

they are a boon and i am glad to support them.

although sometimes i buy books on amazon if i see an edition i really really want or a book thats pretty rare.

nice wyvern

here, thriftbooks and some street stalls.
where do you live op? never had that kind of problem with bookdepository and i am from mexico

Chile

I usually have no problem, but this time I had, and the costumer assistance was of no use.

I use Abebooks, I'm in the US. I'd kill for a decent used bookstore near me. I used to live a block away from one that was surprisingly well stocked despite being rural.

amazon

the closest bookstore is the next town over, and it's a books-a-million

this is the worst college town ever, not gonna lie

just wondering, why do people use bookdepository/abebooks over amazon? do they ship quicker? typically i find every book i want on amazon for like $4 used.

Half priced books has pretty much all the memes on this board. That's where I'm starting anyways

because of shipping: if you live far, i.e. Australia, Southamerica, shipping costs more than the books, usually. Also, taxes. If I want to buy, let's say, Di Francesco CFT book (120 dollars), amazon will charge 150 dollars in order to send it (shipping+taxes in the USA and taxes in my country.) BD will only charge 120 for the book and nothing else.

Where are you where there's no decent bookstore near a college?

Friends of the library. I bought the Idiot, Lolita, and The Stranger all for $1. Yesterday I bought about 12 books there for 7.50. Plus, all the proceeds support the library.

Such a comfy place right next to the University of Washington. Big development next door killed all of the ivy though :

I've bought many times from book depository.
What was the problem with the editions? If they were damaged, you're right to be mad. It it wasn't what you expected, it's your fault.
I had trouble with two books, both not arriving and one of them being a 40 dollars book. I contacted their support and I received a mail saying that a new order was placed. No questions asked.

The Last Book Store, in Downtown LA, and, amazon prime.

i see. dang, that sucks man, sorry.

Last Book Store is fucking GOAT. I've been there a couple times when I was in downtown for concerts. Wish I lived nearby so I could really take my time to comb the upstairs section.

I should rephrase, I probably use Amazon about as much as Abebooks, but I've found Abebooks to be better if I'm looking for a specific edition of a book.

>buy
>books

If they are already my property, why should I buy them?

Cringe

worldofbooks normally
I don't normally use wordery, but I ordered The Recognitions from them for about £15, which is a pretty good price, and now they've cancelled the order and refunded me. Does anyone know where to get it relatively cheaply?

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1564786919/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=&sr=

Just order from the American Amazon site.

>used book stores
How do you guys read books that you know other people have held for long periods of time, and probably gotten gross shit on?

Calm down Ignatius.

>doesn't own a pair of reading gloves

The only place in LA that i've gone to that had actually a shit ton of "rare" and cool books that you wouldn't normally come across anywhere else is Hennasy and Ingalls, or however you spell it. Art/architecture of course.

I've gone to some big ones in LA but I always felt i'd be better off going on amazon to find new things. What's the point of a bookstore when the internet exists and i can go through all of loebs, oxfords classics, dalkleys, nyrbs etc etc in a matter of hours and find what i need.