youtube.com/watch?v=7Sd88FTEzdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mostly just the classics; Beatitudes, Ecclesiasties, Psalm 23, etc

meme verses are memed for a reason

Romans 3:23

"All have sinned, all fall short of the glory of God"

Jefferson 30:22, "If it's brown drink it down, if its black send it back"

Jesus wept.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Philippians 2:12

"Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

"Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well; seek judgement, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow" (Prophet Isaiah) 1:16 and 17 Book of Isaiah

I forget which one... Somewhere in Matthew Jesus says to cut off your hand if it makes you sin. Its simple, that we must remove things from our lives that make us sin. But it's so extreme. It made me realize how extreme Christianity is. You cannot half way cut your hand off, not that it's about actually cutting your hand off but... You can't be a Christian without this kind of commitment. You have to give your whole life to it or it's a worthless practice.

I've only read Matthew recently. Adding with Genesis, job, and exodus. But it's so striking for me. Jesus uplifted us to the height of thought; sin acquired a psychological aspect. it's relatively easy to be a decent person with respect to the 10 commandments but Jesus adds a psychological layer. we become responsible not only for our actions and words but our thoughts as well.

Along with reading the Bible I've been praying and it's strangely shed light on how terrible I am. I'm not even sure if I want to believe or if I am a Christian but when I pray I realize just how great of a sinner I really am. There is no way I could be expiated.

It's bubbling into an existential crisis, and I've stopped paying and reading the Bible at times but I get drawn back into it. I'm not sure what to do. I don't think I can live a Christian life without being crippled by guilt... I will never have the commitment to cut off my hand, so to speak

Matthew 10:34-39 (KJV)

>34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

>35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

>36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

>37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

>38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

>39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it

Isaiah 23:14 (KJB)

"Howl, ye ships of Tarshish: for your strength is laid waste."

It is easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a camel to.

Proverbs 13:3
“He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.”

James 2:14-19

>14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

>18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

wait what

what wait

this is so dumb i laughed

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2

“Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Put your sword on your side, each of you! Go back and forth from gate to gate throughout the camp, and each of you kill your brother, your friend, and your neighbor.’”
28 The sons of Levi did as Moses commanded, and about three thousand of the people fell on that day.
29 Moses said, “Today you have ordained yourselves for the service of the Lord, each one at the cost of a son or a brother, and so have brought a blessing on yourselves this day.”
30 On the next day Moses said to the people, “You have sinned a great sin. But now I will go up to the Lord; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31 So Moses returned to the Lord and said, “Alas, this people has sinned a great sin; they have made for themselves gods of gold.
32 But now, if you will only forgive their sin—but if not, blot me out of the book that you have written.”
33 But the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.
34 But now go, lead the people to the place about which I have spoken to you; see, my angel shall go in front of you. Nevertheless, when the day comes for punishment, I will punish them for their sin.”
35 Then the Lord sent a plague on the people, because they made the calf—the one that Aaron made.

And he went up from thence to Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, little boys came out of the city and mocked him, saying: Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And looking back, he saw them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord: and there came forth two bears out of the forest, and tore of them two and forty boys.

Mark 14:51

A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.

this

those without sins shall be judged first

Isn't part of Christian belief that God basically understands that we all have sin and that it can be forgiven by him so why not yourself?

luke something

"Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God."

Ecclesiastes 1:18
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow

It is easier for a needle to pass through a rich man than to pass as a camel in heaven

Deuteronomy 20:33 ya'll cowards don't even smoke crack

"And the watchman told, saying, He came even unto them, and cometh not again: and the driving [is] like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously."

2 Kings 9:20

revelations 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

revelations 1:14-15
14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;

daniel 10:6
6 His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude.

christ is a BLACKMAN, he will never be a edomite(white people)

Deuteronomy 28:68
And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with SHIPS, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

Jeremiah 14:2

judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; THEY ARE BLACK UNTO THE GROUND; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

Deuteronomy 28:48
Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

the real jews are BLACK who were sold into slavery by the africans (ham) to the white man (edom). they will never see their home land again.. black people suffer today (mourneth)

Deuteronomy 28:16

Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

why do you think EVERYBODY hates black people? cause they are cursed, both at home (the ghetto) and at work (never get hired cause they are black, racism)

revelations 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

revelations 3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

the white man in israel today is NOT the real jew, they are fakes. even jesus knows this which is why the converts wont accept him because he know they are fakes! the real jews are BLACK PEOPLE.

Romans 12:19
>Do not avenge yourselves, dear friends, but give place to God's wrath, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

If you have a lot of money you don't get eternal paradise

The angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses said, "Get da water nigga, it going down. Awww dem mutherfucking bootleg fireworks and shit!"

King James Bible, Revelation 14:4

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

kek
fucking love that video

New Weewuz Standard Version

Luke 17:21

>Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Dude acid, lmao.

It is easier for a rich man to pass through a camel than it is for a needle to get into the kingdom of heaven.

“When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” (Ezekiel 23:18-21)

hot

Also, what is your favorite Bible book?

Genesis

I like the part where Jacob says if the Hivites circumcise themselves they can marry his daughters. And then once they circumcise themselves he kills all of them.

>And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:4

"Each hath a goal toward which he turneth; so vie with one another in good works. Wheresoever ye may be, Allah will bring you all together. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things."

>the real jews are BLACK who were sold into slavery by the africans (ham)

Where did the non-african blacks come from though?

"And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his property"
Exodus 21:20-21

Judges 14:8

The only one I know.

>I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Thx Assassin's creed

I know this sounds funny, but this legitimately more humane than what slaveowners did throughout history. In the South (most famous example, although there was slavery in many other places besides the South), you couldn't be brought to court for killing a slave. The slave had no rights, could not even legally testify.

I'm assuming you would want this passage to say that "If a man smite his servant, or maid, with a rod, he shall be surely punished", as in, if he whips his servant at all, he'll be punished. All I gotta say is, that people would think this writer insane for saying that. That a man would be punished for killing his slave is far out enough for this time period.

I'm also not a Christian, so don't pounce on me as if I were.

What?

Isaiah 40:4

"Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain."

Psalm 102

Job 7:1 and all the passages that support war.

I don't believe but I still read the Bible and discuss it eith my sister - not in a debating way, just interpretation.

And but so it goeth

Also, all verses that deal with commupence, only for the glimmer of hope that it's real and everyone get's judged. I valur justice and punishment the most and the world is full of people who deserve both.

I like the book of James.

mine own sweet dram wh'rish n'ra i didst as thee toldeth me, thee filthy dram wench, and did pull myself off twice at which hour i readeth thy lett'r. i am delight'd to seeth yond thee doth liketh being fuck'd arseways. aye, user i can rememb'r yond night at which hour i fuck'd thee f'r so longeth backwards. t wast the dirtiest fucking i ev'r gaveth thee, ladybird. mine own pricketh wast did stick in thee f'r hours, fucking in and out und'r thy upturn'd rump. i hath felt thy bacon-fed sweaty buttocks und'r mine own belly and did see thy flush'd visage and nimble-footed eyes. at ev'ry alas i gaveth thee thy shameless tongue cameth bursting out through thy lips and if 't be true a gaveth thee a bigg'r stout'r alas than usual, bacon-fed filthy farts cameth splutt'ring out of thy backside. thee hadst an arse full of farts yond night, ladybird, and i fuck'd those folk out of thee, big bacon-fed fellows, longeth windy ones, quick dram m'rry cracks and a lot of tiny dram naughty farties ending in a longeth gush from thy hole. t is wond'rful to alas a farting mistress at which hour ev'ry alas drives one out of h'r. i bethink i wouldst knoweth n'ra's fart anywh're. i bethink i couldst picketh h'rs out in a roomful of farting distaff. t is a rath'r girlish hurtling not liketh the did wet windy fart which i imagineth bacon-fed wives has't. t is sudden and dryeth and filthy liketh what a bold wench wouldst alloweth off in excit'ment in a school d'rmit'ry at night. i desire n'ra shall alloweth off nay endeth of h'r farts in mine own visage so yond i may knoweth their smelleth eke.

thee sayeth at which hour i wend backeth thee shall sucketh me off and thee wanteth me to licketh thy cunt, thee dram deprav'd blackguard. i desire thee shall hoyday me some timeth at which hour i am asleep did dress, stealeth ov'r to me with a wh're's gloweth in thy slumb'rous eyes, gently undo button aft'r button in the flyeth of mine own trous'rs and gently taketh out thy lov'r's bacon-fed mickey, lap t up in thy moist that from which we speak and sucketh hence at t till t gets fatt'r and stiff'r and cometh off in thy that from which we speak. oft too i shalt hoyday thee asleep, lift up thy skirts and ope thy draweth'rs gently, then forswear down gently by thee and beginneth to licketh lazily round thy bush. thee shall beginneth to stireth uneasily then i shall licketh the lips of mine own ladybird's cunt. thee shall beginneth to groaneth and grunt and sigheth and fart with lust in thy catch but a wink. then i shall licketh up festinate'r and festinate'r liketh a ravenous dog until thy cunt is a mass of slime and thy corse wriggling wildly.

goodnight, mine own dram farting n'ra, mine own filthy dram fuckbird! th're is one lovely w'rd, ladybird, thee has't und'rlin'd to maketh me pulleth myself off bett'r. writeth me m're about yond and yourself, sweetly, dirti'r, dirti'r.

BBC Confirmed for being Egypsies n sheit.

30 Lot was afraid to continue living in Zoar, so he and his two daughters went to live in the mountains in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old. Everywhere on the earth women and men marry, but there are no men around here for us to marry. 32 Let’s get our father drunk and have sexual relations with him. We can use him to have children and continue our family.”

33 That night the two girls got their father drunk, and the older daughter went and had sexual relations with him. But Lot did not know when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I had sexual relations with my father. Let’s get him drunk again tonight so you can go and have sexual relations with him, too. In this way we can use our father to have children to continue our family.” 35 So that night they got their father drunk again, and the younger daughter went and had sexual relations with him. Again, Lot did not know when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.

The one where Jesus swallowed a puzzle piece and the man in the big yellow hat had to take him to the hospital

"Hey, Peter, I can see your house from up here."

an umpteen times better than actual scripture, this

>plebs think the Red Wedding is the pinnacle of plot twists when it was outdone in Genesis

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God hath already accepted thy works. Let thy garments be always white; and let not thy head lack oil. Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of thy life of vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all thy days of vanity: for that is thy portion in life, and in thy labor wherein thou laborest under the sun. Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, whither thou goest. I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

"Dicks out for Harambe" XD

It is easier for a camel to pass as a rich man than it is for a needle to inherit the kingdom of God.

it's easier for a rich man to pass into a camel than it is for that same man to pass through a needle and even less likely that any of it will be in the kingdom of God

youtube.com/watch?v=IA88AS6Wy_4

Psalm 51:

Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.

Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.
Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
you who are God my Savior,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
Open my lips, Lord,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
My sacrifice, O God, is[b] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.

May it please you to prosper Zion,
to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
in burnt offerings offered whole;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

The entirety of the gospel of John chapter 17.

Ain't nobody got time for dat

It is easier for a needle to pass through the Kingdom of Heaven than it is for a camel to inherit a rich man.

It is easier for a rich man to eye a camel than it is for a kingdom to pass a needle through Heaven.

They Don't Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do - Matthew 2

The eye of heaven sees a man on a camel in a rich needle?

To get through the eye of a man is easier than it is for Heaven to pass a kingdom of rich camels.

Psalm 23 is too memed nowadays. It's hard to take seriously.

Before you help your brother remove the splinter from his eye, remove the camel from your own.

1 Corinthians 6:9–10

>9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers NOR MEN WHO HAVE SEX WITH MEN[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

homosexuals get out of the Episcopal Church REEEEE

>Veeky Forums is a bunch of bible thumping christcucks

even as literature, the Bible is a piece of shit. Book of Job MAYBE good, but really lit? you fell for the "bible is good literature " meme?

No I was just forced to study it for five years of Catholic School. Also, it is a pretty interesting book if you also enjoy history.

can i borrow this?

Ecclesiastes is great, job is great, gospels are pretty okay because the main character is nice

genesis is bretty nice symbolism

If only you valued grammar and spelling the most.

GRRM is Jewish, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of OT symbolism in ASOIAF

oset rosnacy na libanie
wyslal do cedru rosnacego na libanie
takie wezwanie
daj mi swoja corke za zone
jednak dziwi zwierz co zyje na libanie
przejdzie sie po oscie
i zdepcze go

*tip*

I'm just here to post slightly wrong verses and confuse people.

youtube.com/watch?v=TYjyX0bDUOc

youtube.com/watch?v=LIK9CUR48yY

all of it

Jes 1:17 "Judge the fatherless"

But that has a completely different meaning than the translation I read, which in English would go "Give the fatherless justice:"

>nobody in this thread has mentioned John 3:16
wyd

But seriously, my favourite has always been John 1:1-5:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

neat post, user

Come forth Lazarus! And he came fifth and lost the job

Good and evil can never be equal. Repel (evil) with that which is better, and see how, then, someone between whom and you was enmity shall become a true friend. Yet none is given such goodness except those who are patient; none is give this but the most fortunate.

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple."

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

I like the one where velociraptors were on noah's ark, as seen in the ken ham exhibit in kentucky.

wtf is going on with that youtube channel?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nHLHDtyVA

youtube.com/watch?v=7Sd88FTEzdw

Corinthians 13. The whole passage is GOAT, but 11-13 especially. (NRSV)
11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.