Honest question..Why hasn't any contemporary writer been able to match him

is it because the style he was working on is simply out of date and wouldn't be popular today

or do many of writers today simply lack the sheer intellect this man had?

wait another 400-500 years it might happen

because he arrived at a time when English Literature was becoming an actual academic study in colleges, and was one of the first scholarly darlings.

Now there are more scholars than good authors and every darling has one or more scholars.

But also because he was basically the first to do what he did, and at that scope. Except for Faulkner and a few others it became tacky to use the style by the 40s.

>Honest question...Why hasn't any contemporary writer been able to match him

is it because the style he was working on is simply out of date and wouldn't be popular today

or do many of writers today simply lack the sheer intellect this man had?

He drew intense literary power from his spouse's flatulence, an action that's object many writers lack, let alone one willing to commit to such filth driven solely by the aspirations of the muse

you pick DFW over Sam Delany?

i can no longer take joyce seriously now that i know he enjoyed shoving his pruny, puckered face in his wife's ass and inhaling the scent

It's a combination of the two. He had a great education and a uniquely tumultuous life which contributed to what he wrote and how he wrote it. But his stylistic experimentation was still novel at the time, which attracted a lot more devotees in the right circles than anything like that would today.

weird, I take him even more seriously because of it

The only truly patrician fetish is shota/traps. If he wrote about that then it'd be a lot better

>memes
>lel I'm not gay though XD
>patrician

who cares

I openly admit to homosexuality. It's hard to like shotas otherwise

you could probably find some part of FW / U that talks about those if you squint hard enough

S(he) cameforthe erecting underuress towerd heris phallow man swallid to the Ay's of they whore'd sinner. The fap. (Shimasterbomarisalsrarrajbirambiratibouvyoubarseinanernersalsalyonyapmakberenhastamasueum!)

I hope that last word is an amalgamation of various terms for masturbation in several TupĂ­-GuaranĂ­ and Austronesian dialects.

>Ay's
Ayyyyyy

Perhaps because that rich prose full of layers of allusions and puns would not be taken seriously anymore. Like many things, this is funny the first time around.

Borges blew him away. Joyce is only unanimously masturbated over because he was one of the first interesting authors at the time modern English was being looked at for the first time as a modern art form

bretty gud desu

*asspirations

gross

kys pedophile

I know some contemporary writers who match him, but they're secret and not even published.

Hebephilia is not pedophilia

>Hebephilia
kys pedophilic sophist

Now that's just rude

I assume you wanted this.

my diary desu is better desu

>mfw someone is so cukt to the point he wishes to stay in the p/p dichotomy rather than be #born2bewild
i bet you can't even imagine leaping into the unsignifying V
vore/unbirth is the only throughly trascendental fetish

I have a hard vore/cannibalism fetish as well
Oddly enough it never overlaps with my shota fetish
Ty

this

Is it OK to read Borges translations or do I have to learn Spanish ?

Look for the translations Borges himsolf worked on, he was a native English speaker and allegedly had it as his first language thanks to his British grandmother.

BECAUSE THE DUDE WAS IRISH.

LEGGO IRELAND

I don't think it's safe to say that Krasznahorkai doesn't match him. That's for history to decide.

Right place right time. Is he actually a good author, though? If you like his prose you'll say yes, if you don't you'll say no.

>working this hard to force the meme

Well that's convenient. Sort of like Nobokov's Russion translation of Lolita.