Samuel Delany sucks. He's boring and unimaginative, despite his efforts...

Samuel Delany sucks. He's boring and unimaginative, despite his efforts. Which of you bitch-fuck anons are trying to meme him?

Other urls found in this thread:

shetterly.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-conversation-with-samuel-r-delany.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's a pedo and an edgelord

he had that beard before you had yours, hipster.

yes, "Hogg" is crap. but i still think "Babel-17" is good.

hogg is fucking boring

He is arguably the greatest writer of the 20th century

>arguably the greatest nose hair of the 20th century

no literally ask most literary scholars..he ranks first

Now I know you're a troll

STOP BULLYING SAMMY!11!!!

ummm how am I a troll

read Dhalgren, no work comes close to that

Dhalgren is the most complex book of the 20th century in terms of how challenging it is to read

His masterpiece is Babel-17.

he is the best writer of the 20th century

i will repeat this again

She passed another, nearer tree. The moon flung gold coins at her breasts. Her brown aureoles were wide, her nipples small. "You. . . ?" She said that, softly, three feet away, looking down; and he still could not make out her expression for the leaf dappling; but her cheek bones were Orientally high. She was Oriental, he realized and waited for another word, tuned for accent. (He could sort Chinese from Japanese.) "You've come!" It was a musical Midwestern Standard. "I didn't know if you'd come!" Her voicing (a clear soprano, whispering . . .) said that some of what he'd thought was shadow-movement might have been fear: "You're here!" She dropped to her knees in a roar of foliage. Her thighs, hard in front, softer (he could tell) on the sides-a column of darkness between them-were inches from his raveled knees.

Truly a masterpiece of prose.

He has some talent, but he wouldn't even rank in the top 200.

ONLY SERIOUS LITERATURE HERE

>After baths, he reflected, when you're still alone in the john, is the time for all those things you don't want people around for: jerking off, picking your nose and eating it, serious nail biting.

DAMN LOOK AT ALL THIS MASTERFUL PROSE

Babel-17 is the reason I went into neuroscience research. One of my favorite books.

Neuroscience is a pseud major (it ranks almost as low as psychology in terms of student admittance). Just more evidence Delany appeals to garbage readers.

I didn't major in neuroscience, but I'm doing actually neuroscience research now as a career. Looking at actual people's brains with an fMRI and analyzing the data using machine learning algorithms.
Granted, there's not a lot of scientific merit to the book, but it was one of the first things to get me thinking about interactions between brain and behavior. He develops a lot of interesting ways to view language in that book.

that's not zettels traum AKA bottom's dream now available in english from new directions

Dhalgren is fucking terrible

>B-But it's unconventional!

Shut the fuck up.

HOLY SHIT THE PSEUDING KEEPS STACKING HIGHER AND HIGHER WITH THIS GUY

STOP POSTING YOU'RE AN EMBARASSMENT

I know, right?

>[the current year]
>still working on fmri after Ekland et al. 2016

Gene Wolfe said in an interview that Dhalgren sucks

Jesus fucking Christ this board is embarrassing.
Samuel Delany is widely regarded to be among the greatest living writers.

you bitchboy faggots employing the "maybe if I'm aggressive I'll seem right" tactic need to keep your prepubescent opinions to yourselves

I doubt that. Wolfe made a cheeky slap at Vinge but if he insulted Delany it would be about as much talked about.

Cite yo sources nigga.

Widely regarded by who? Your ass? He has almost no following or eminence outside of shitty scifi readers.

He does not really have a big following

says who?

Maybe in scifi.

holy shit how could anyone read this without laughing

neuroscience is the way of the future, you cheetos-sucking manchild. i won't ask what you wanted to be when you grew up, because you never will, but my first guess would be "batman".

pseud major? it is literally about how our minds work - the basis of memory, pleasure, pain, creativity - and you think it's for pseuds? what the hell were you studying before they kicked you off campus?

Wow a gay pedo nigger writing edgy "sci fi". I can hear it now: "how progressive, how transgressive, how brave".

So it's philosophy of the mind for plebiean pseuds?

I don't know how I feel about his pro-NAMBLA stance.

More pseuds outed.

Neuroscience majors have among the lowest IQs among university students. Like, just as low as business and psychology majors, who are pretty dumb. It's literally a retard magnet for people stupid enough to be lol wow omged by the allure of appearing to be smart, instead of truly being so.

Read what Delany himself has to say about that

shetterly.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-conversation-with-samuel-r-delany.html?m=1

His position really isn't unreasonable

>arguing using IQs for majors as if that was ever measured in any way

What's next, will you post that Veeky Forums board IQ chart?

sheesh what a pseud

Pretty bad because it's an organisation which is openly advocating sexual abuse of children.

I read the KKK [Bulletin] fairly regularly and I think it is one of the most intelligent discussions of race I've ever found. I think before you start judging what the KKK is about, expose yourself to it and see what it is really about. What the issues they are really talking about, and deal with what's really there rather than this demonized notion of white guys running about trying to lynch niggers. I would have been so much happier as an adolescent if the KKK had been around when I was 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

anyone read Nova? i prefer Stars In My Pocket... personally but I'm a fag, but damn Nova is a fucking ride

I like Sam