Is Epicureanism the most sensible way to live knowing that life is without meaning or purpose?

Is Epicureanism the most sensible way to live knowing that life is without meaning or purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtlwWMJILBA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To whom?

For people in general.

>believing in general people

kek

kek

KEK

There is no "philosophy of life" that will always make sense or guide you through life.
Anything that is "made of words" can be relativized or trivialized.

Best you can do is cultivate some faith and treat philosophy for what it is: mental gymnastics.

philosophy I think is important to building critical thinking

and is a positive influence on personal growth.

>knowing that life is without meaning or purpose
You can't know that at all

meaningless until proven meaningful tuhbuhhunu

yes if you want to fry in hell

pleasure is spooky

stirner literally said that life is about self-enjoyment

he was a hedonist nihilist but he was subtle about it

I dunno.
Communal life and gardening has it appeal, and I generally think technology and our ideologies have outrun our old world first world systems to the point that banding together in big city life just doesn't make much sense anymore, yet I think Epicureanism in its classical sense is just too vulnerable to breed the maladies it seeks to cure and protect us from, both from outside meddling and within.
It's hard to quell your thirst for more in conditions which simply allow for you to be content, whereas the cure of want or the aftermath of overindulgence often quell it better, and retreating to calm pastures of pleasure can blind you to the raging storm outside your communal gates that seeks to impose and expand on more aggressive ideology.

If by "pleasure" we mean the body's (or even the mind's) pleasure, as opposed to my pleasure, then that pleasure is a spook.

Dante's butthurt about the Epicureans is weird.

Not really.

Is there something Dante isn't butthurt about?

>thinking you're different from your body

now that's a spook

Really, what you think of as your body is just a mental representation on the actual independent object.

*of the actual mind-independent object.

Faith is mental gymnastics.

virgil

i believe it was thought that epicureans were orgiastic atheists. christians were except aristotle and plato, very cautious of the pagan philosophers

True faith, the kind Kierkegaard talks about, is above that
youtube.com/watch?v=RtlwWMJILBA