What even is the point of reading philosophy?

What even is the point of reading philosophy?

Everything that philosophy says can be understood from fiction if you're able to read a even a high school level, and fiction has artistic merit unlike philosophical essays and such

why are brits, as a people, so consistently repulsive?

Britbrong here. I agree. It's just a depressing island for the most part. There are a few quaint villages in the South and some posh parts of London are fairly flawless, but Britain is fucking shit and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I quite agree. I read a ton of it, took an intro class, couldn't stop rolling my eyes. Fuck philosophy.

Wales is super lovely, too bad the people are all basically peasants

really makes you think

South Wales is largely a shit hole. Cardiff is ok but it's small and mostly shit., and the only nice parts are basically anglicized. The natural areas are ok but most natural areas are ok.

>you will never live in a comfy misanthrope tower like timon of athens but on the isle of man instead

I bet you have cool historical sites though. Any cool standing stones in Wales?

Yeah, this one *unzips dick*

We have this thread every day.

Don't forget the lake district

That sounds pretty painful. Is your standing stone gonna be ok?

What's the point of playing a game?

What does philosophy offer that science cannot?

A way and a reason to live.

The weather

We are the original white people: Transluscent, pale and veiny.

Bad climate and lots of fighting selected for high iq leaders cast + ugly disposable body.

Problem is in modern society all the disposable just keep living

British monarchy losing political control was a massive mistake for the people

Chelseafag here.

Everyone is good looking. I'm moving to Dublin because everyone is also unbearable. How attractive are Irish girls?

>Everything that philosophy says can be understood from fiction

Give me Hilbert's formalist concept of demonstration in fiction...

Give me Aristotle's theory of predication in fiction...

Give me Kant's attacks on the rationalist tradition for applying the category of substance to the self when you can only apply that category in the presence of sensibility in fiction...

Give me Frege's argument against the Aristotelian tradition of seeing mathematical objects as a product of abstraction in fiction...

Give me Kripke's exposition of necessary a posteriori propositions in fiction...

Do it you subhuman piece of trash, give me all of those in form of fiction...

Ironically this is a philosophical question. So by your own argument, you should be able to answer this question by reading fiction. Better get to it then!

all useless shite

Same. Some is good though. Nietzsche is definitely on the list. Taking metaphysics right now and I'm having to read analytic philosophers try to boil down the meaning of life to a truth table. That and my professor being an abject pessimist.

Time is a flat circle user.
user. Now is the time to be quiet.

Just pointing out that his argument is, at best, paradoxical, and at worst, self refuting and contradictory.

How come you live in Chelsea?

If it can't be reflected in fiction then it can't be reflected in life, which means the philosophy is obvious bullshit

What did you jack-off to when you stumbled upon this shite for wisdom?

Depends what you're trying to do?

If you're just reading philosophy for ideas, then sure just read fiction. For the Ideology? Read the source.
I'd say if you're looking to write yourself then you shouldn't just base it off other fictional work you've read as you won't create anything original, unless that's what you're going for.

Don't be upset you've spent so much of your life learning about nothing when you could have been experiencing art

Because I'm rich I suppose.

Most of my friends are mentally ill cocaine abusers or anorexics, so don't think it's all that. We'll invent any problem.

Take the source material for all of those ideas, make a character, have him monologue the entire source material at some point. Done.