Comfy/Autumnal books

Fall blew in where I live right as September arrived, so I thought it would only be appropriate to start reading The Hobbit, which is such a great book both for people who love literature and young people (who simultaneously want to read something comfy). I love anything and everything comfy, so of course I started rereading this again today while the cold rain and wind was blowing outside. I kind of have a thing for coffee and cool weather and the ageing quality of nature during Autumn. The Redwall books, Jack Kerouac's autobiographical books, Harry Potter, Stephen King, The Magic Mountain, Watership Down... All of these (and more) have quiet, warm/cool qualities to them. I'm looking for more like these, and I'd like to start a conversation about this sort of stuff.
What are some more comfy books perfect to read during Autumn, and what are the best things that go along with Fall and the books that fit the season so well?

hp memecraft
his books are actually pretty comfy tbqh

Mason and Dixon is supposed to be uber-comfy

Super comfy, super funny, but kind of melancholic too, I would consider this a good fall book, in fact I just inspired myself to reread it.

Ghost stories too, it goes without saying. I like Algernon Blackwood. I always thought it was funny that that was actually his real name. It's like his parents wanted him to be an occultist and ghost story writer from birth.

Honestly, reading in general is incredible comfy regardless of the genre

Not a book but Cartoon Network put out a miniseries call "Over the Garden Wall" that is both very comfy and very Veeky Forums. Pic related.

It is uber comfy.

>ITT books about rabbits, by rabbits, for rabbits

wtf i hate rabbits now

There were a couple of fantastic episodes of this. Worth anyone's time if they love comfy autumn.

I'm reading the Fellowship of the Ring at the moment OP and I concur.

the inn scenes in Kingkiller Chronicles

it just makes me want to own a small cozy inn out in the countryside and tell stories with travelers by the fireplace

Potter up to and including Goblet of Fire, the rest doesn't exists as far as I'm concerned.

Literally the only good character is introduced in the next book though.

what are some books that takes place in a cozy autism countryside

autumn*

Skyrim

Book of Flying by Keith miller is comfy as fuckkkk

I can't read at all in Autumn, I just walk around being miserable in the cold. It is beyond me how people like this season, everything is fucking dying, and if you don't cover yourself in claustrophobic layers of bullshit you can't even go outside without dying yourself.

Winter at least has the hope of spring to come, fuck autumn

you have no soul if you can't appreciate autumn. also a fucking pussy

Kek. Your slip is showing.

Anyway, Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes is comfy.

Reading MR James right now for ghost stories. Quite comfy, esp if you like antiquarian vibes.

Read the Long Ships a few months ago. Super comfy picturesque Viking adventure. Serving as galley slave to Arabs and finding treasure in Eastern Europe and all that.

Sherlock Holmes is also a comfy read for me.

Tristam Shandy I found had comfy elements.

Anyone have other suggestions?

>thinking autumn is cold
>not liking sweaters
>not liking all the dead leaves and shit
>Halloween AND Thanksgiving (aka the best holidays)
Top pleb

You guys are deluding yourselves

The intensity of how beautiful spring is makes every other part of the year pale and pointless in comparison

CN will likely be airing it again the week of Halloween, and if they do there will be a talkback thread on /co/ if you care to join us

don't know where it is for u, but spring for me is mostly wet and shitty.

autumn is by far the comfiest season, especially in New England

New England spring is great. Except that one last year when it was snowing til mid April and and heat for the rest of the season without the comfy middle ground.

Dolores? She's great villain, but that's all that book's got going for. It's dark, dark, teenage angst, some romance, and then there's supesquad battle in the end. It's obvious by now that Snape is a good guy, and were already on lonely ride towards how Voldy is defeated, nothing else really. Playfulness and charm of the previous ones are gone.

Shut the fuck up about spring and daffodils, you irritating faggot

I really liked Earth Abides by George R. Stewart. It's about building up civilization after a plague wipes out almost everybody and it has a cozy isolated feeling throughout.

You argued based on your location, and I'm in the same location and chimed in cause I felt differently. Why do you have to be mean to me?

this is me not new england spring is just late winter with everything melting and occasionally a big snow storm for a couple days. late spring (~may) is ok but doesn't come close to new england autumn (october-nov)

Excellent choice

I meant Luna.

The poetry of John Keats, anyone?

It's slow going and a bit frustrating when you first pick the book up, but once it "clicks" and starts to flow, it's an incredibly comfy read.

I like to reread it every October, around Halloween.