Spanish and Italian tier

>Spanish and Italian tier
Perfectly phonetic. God-tier languages (literally). Genders done right, plurals done right, conjugations done right, word order done right, alphabet done right.

>French tier
DERPDERPLOLOL WE "ROMAN" LANGUAGE TOO DISREGARD A THIRD GERMANIC VOCABULARY. VOWELS EVERYWHERE MORE THAN NECESSARY SHIT. UN COUP DE, UN COUP DE, UN COUP DE. LETS PRONOUNCE "e" IN 4 DIFFERENT WAYS LOLOL NEVER PRONOUNCE LAST LETTERS DERP DERP REDDIT SHIT

>English tier
MIXED IMPURE SCUM. NO GENDERS. NO REAL PRONOUNCIATION RULES. I READ A BOOK PAST AND PRESENT. VOCABULARY CONSISTENCY, WHAT'S THAT? TAKE LOANS FROM EVERYWHERE. LIKE LIKE LIKE. DO YOU SPEAK AMERICAN??? IT'S SEVEN BONGS!

>German tier
Perfect for science. LOLOLOL THREE GENDERS AND 4 GRAMMATICAL CASES WE STILL CLASSICAL ERA. SMASH WORDS TOGETHER. PARAGRAPHS LONG WORDS HERPDERP. sie sie Sie. DOCH EVERYWHERE. LOL GOOD LUCK WITH PLURALS. DIE GEDANKEN SIND FREI EXPEPTIONS TO RULES EVERYWHERE

>Arabic tier
Cool looking alphabet. LOL NO EVERY LETTER TAKES THREE TIMES MORE TO LEARN. "AL" EVERYWHERE. ALLAHU AKHBAR! BE CAREFUL, I ALMOST SPIT ON YOUR FACE TRYING TO PRONOUNCE HALF OF THE WORDS. YOU THINK YOU KNOW ARABIC? LOL NO ONLY ONE DIALECT.

>East asian tier
DERP DERP NO SPACES. WE NO LANGUAGE FAMILY SO HAVE LUCK SPENDING OTHER 5 YEARS TO SPEAK ANOTHER ONE. SHIT TIER WRITTING SYSTEM.

>Chinese
Simple grammar LOLOLOL 3000 CHARACTERS TO UNDERSTAND CHILDREN'S BOOK. 4 DIFFERENT TONES HURR CHINA STRONG! DERP MANDARIN > WU. NO CONJUGATION NO GENDERS NO PLURAL. DISREGARD ALPHABET, ACQUIRE FAGGOTRY

>Japanese
RORORORO TWO ARPHABETSU AND CHINA'SU RETARDED WRITTING SYSTEM. 600 DIFFERENT WAYSU TO CONJUGATE A SINGLE VERB. YOU DIDN'T USE PORITE FORM CONRRESPONDING TO YOUR AGE, YOU DISHONORRED MY FAMIRY. DESU DESU DESU. AM I KAWAII UGUU~

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_4NS50okUc
gutenberg.org/files/5921/5921-h/5921-h.htm#ch11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

accurate, except spanish etymologically speaking is so unlatin and disjointed from most romance languages i dislike it

what did he mean by this

chill with the caps

It's a pasta

You make me sad.

>Spanish tier
Ferffecthly fhhonethic. God-thsier languages (litherally). Hrenderhs done righth, fluralsh done righth, conhhhrugationss done righth, hord orther done righth, alphhavet done righth.

ftfy

كفار
كلكم كفار
الله اكبر
ساجيييي

ching chong chinaman

sen kime kafir diyon lan İT

>perfectly phonetic
ppffft.

Make way for Finnish tier masterrace.

include portuguese with italian and spanish and this will be accurate
portuguese have one of the most complex verbal system in the world

نعم أوافق. بارك الله فيك يا اخي في الإسلام

akhi ente hurrun!

>spanish
>god tier language
Toppest of keks. Spanish is the trashiest, most vulgar sounding language there is. There are only two Spanish authors worth reading and no Spanish-speaking countries worth visiting.

bless me too pls

koss omak

>Portuguese
Quite possibly the worst Central to Western European language and by far the most irrelevant artistically and even practically speaking. It sounds like someone speaking Russian with marbles in their mouth and is fuck ugly.

5555555 meen dah yabn el mitnaka ya mi3ayras

Spanish poetry destroys english poetry.
>muh Shaky
It's easy to keep a metric when your language is essentially made up of monosyllables. It's why it's so easy to learn english, it's for kids.

+ Don Quijote is the first and greatest novel of all time.

do esperanto fuck face

1910 = music started

>he tries to refute an academically accepted and documented fact
>being a /mu/crossborder

>russian with mouth full of marbles

I never needed my sides until I lost em, this shit is so true

لله الحمد
بارك الله فيك أخي
الله يهديك و يغفر لك
ثانكس فور ذا باك اب برو

Spanish is so god-tier spics cant really into it.
Thats the real problem with latin-america, they cant comunicate because Spanish is too hard for their brains.
That why all latin-american countries have so much slang.

>not posting the pic

Where is the Cyrilic original and best languages

>so much ignorance

youtube.com/watch?v=R_4NS50okUc

>Don Quijote is the first novel
Care to explain this meme, beaner?

>meme
This anglos are so self absorbed they want to rewrite history.

are you an amerilard? this is important

Best looking, best sounding
Бecт лooкинг, бecт coyндинг

Korean is a East asian language but we have space. Also, There's no chinese character.

>Don Quijote
>novel

It's not the first novel, it's the last romance.

I don't think you can call a work a novel if it says almost nothing about what's going on inside the characters' heads. Just "then he did this, then this happened, then he did this".

>I don't think you can call a work a novel if it says almost nothing about what's going on inside the characters' heads.

>talking about a book he hasn't read

Alright, Pedro, show me one portion where the internal world of any character is described in any more detail than "he was mad with chivalry" or "he realized he needed to be knighted".

Anyone think English is a shitty language that's been pushed to it's absolute zenith? Writers have taken a lame horse and given us a pegasus.

>I don't think you can call a work a novel if it says almost nothing about what's going on inside the characters' heads. Just "then he did this, then this happened, then he did this".

Are you sure you read Don Quijote?
Are fucking memeing me?

One (1) portion.

Here's a translation: gutenberg.org/files/5921/5921-h/5921-h.htm#ch11

I'm not going to wait on you all day.

>implying Im not currently finishing part 2
>implying Im not reading it in based Spanish
What now?

I didn't ask whether your mouth-breathing ass is reading it or has read it, though it is pretty funny that you're the one who hasn't even finished it yet, claiming that I have never read it.

I asked for one (1) portion describing the internal world of any character in significant detail.

>Don Quijote
And that's about all you have.
>first novel
Kek
>greatest novel
Debatable

Racefags always ruin everything for everyone.

I'll get behind this. It has all the constituents of a very limited language, but we've gotten greater things out of it than would've been expected in a vacuum.

>It has all the constituents of a very limited language

What do you even mean by this you pseud?

"Luego esparcieron por encima de la sepultura muchas flores y ramos, y dando todos el pésame a su amigo Ambrosio se despidieron dél. Lo mismo hicieron Vivaldo y su compañero, y Don Quijote se despidió de sus huéspedes y de los caminantes, los cuales le rogaron se viniese con ellos a Sevilla, por ser lugar tan acomodado a hallar aventuras que en cada calle y tras cada esquina se ofrecen más que en otro alguno. Don Quijote les agradeció el aviso y el ánimo que mostraban de hacerle merced, y dijo que por entonces no quería ni debía ir a sevilla, hasta que hubiese despojado todas aquellas sierras de ladrones malandrines, de quien era fama que todas estaban llenas. Viendo su buena determinación, no quisieron los caminantes importunarles más, sino tornándose a despedir de nuevo, le dejaron y prosiguieron su camino, en el cual no les faltó de qué tratar, así de la historia de Marcela y Grisóstomo, como de las locuras de Don Quijote; el cual determinó de ir a buscar a la pastora Marcela, y ofrecerle todo lo que él podía en su servicio. Mas no le avino como él pensaba, según se cuenta en el discurso desta verdadera historia."

There are three instances where something is stated about the inner impressions or thoughts of characaters that is not explicitly said by the the characters themselves.

>>first novel
>Kek
Historical fact.

What's up with Russian? I'd like to learn it after Spanish, unless perhaps it's English tier or below.

>Spanish/Portugese/Italian language
Very little nuance so most of the language has to be expressed through body language and context, perfectly phonetic so not at all challenging, no complexities to master or sophisticated concepts to grapple with
>Spanish/Portugese/Italian people
"Lively" and "passionate" to the exclusion of intelligence and thoughtfulness

>French langauge
Lots of needless rules without any point
>French people
Seen as sophisticated by stupid bourgoise Americans but known to be a country of pretensious idiots by everyone else, a culture built mostly on superficial intelligence without substance

>German language
Lots of rules that do have a point, so large a capacity for nuance that almost every language borrows words from German for things that there aren't any other words for in any other language
>German people
Very precise in everything they do, masters of engineering and other sciences, punctual and efficient

>Arabic language
Very little change from its original form, caligraphy is a major part of Arabic Muslim culture since Islam is otherwise iconoclastic
>Arabic people
Conservative and regressive, strong ties to traditional religion

>Chinese
Extremely complicated characters, difficult to master writing system, comparatively simple grammar
>Chinese people
Good at mastering techincal skills like math and ping pong and whatever, but limited in other abilities, all their philosophy is from antiquity and/or stupid, rudimentary culture with no basic code of manners or conduct, they can barely even make traffic work

>Japanese language
Adherence to lots of strict formal rules, based on Chinese writing but evolved to be totally different
>Japanese people
Courtesy showing mutual respect important to the culture, strongly nationalistlic and xenophobic

I didn't say there is no description whatsoever of what the characters think, but that there is no detailed description of internal worlds, and there is none there.

>el cual determinó de ir a buscar a la pastora Marcela, y ofrecerle todo lo que él podía en su servicio

Is not a detailed description of an internal world as I demanded.

Saying "Don Quijote was mad with chivalry and it ran in his thoughts constantly until he couldn't sleep," or "Don Quijote resolved to go find the shepherdess Marcela", is not what I'm asking for and not what I'm talking about.

Don Quijote is no novel, I'm sorry. It says virtually nothing about what's going on inside of the characters heads.

Show me one (1) portion where the internal world of any character is described in any more detail than "he was mad with chivalry" or "he realized he needed to be knighted", as I've been asking from the start.

You won't because you can't. I know you can't because I know Don Quijote.

>expressed through body language
>spanish and portuguese

oh the ignorance, amerifats should only talk about things they know, burguers and tumblr

Not him but you're seriously retarded.

>tfw u return to lit after 3-4 years and it actually got more dumber

Stupider* not dumber. Sorry.

This is Spanish from Spain. We all know the only true Spanish is Spanish from Mexico.

Fuck the past tense in Spanish though.

Actually fuck the past tense in all romance languages.

>I didn't say there is no description whatsoever of what the characters think, but that there is no detailed description of internal worlds, and there is none there.
Commit Sambucca as to make up for the idiocy of this post

You fuckers just like spanish since its the closest language to latin. Why don't you all learn to speak latin then, oh I know! Its because you chose spanish as the default option language course in high school since you didn't care to actually learn anything.

외국들은매우똑똑햌:)

>implying having different ways to write the same sound is superior
they fucked up the phonetic perfection by dropping a sound

Although I think Spanish is a nice sounding language, it's a pretty ignorant opinion, senpai. English is beautiful, and it has a vast number of God-tier poets.
Also, Borges wrote somewhere that because of similar word endings the rhymes can be pretty monotone in Spanish poetry. But it's just one aspect of the language, of course.

I bet you couldn't sight-read a goddamn thing in Latin. At least spanishfags can read, write, and even speak halfway decently after a couple of years. Latinfags are humbugs 90% of the time, and can't read even relatively simple authors without a dictionary, a grammar, and still construing half the sentences wrong.

The only people who like spanish in this thread are mexicans and spaniards. it's a literal pleb-language, which makes it interesting to read but it lacks the sophistication and functional complexity of, for example, the german language, which is a language one could conceive as being predestined for philosophy.

Here an example of a spanish plebeian

Plebs opet pokušava artikulisati misli na ovim poganim jezicima. Doslovno, BUKVALNO se ubijte.

>waiter
>waitress

-Philosophy-

German
>Rich vocabulary for philosophy, one that doesn't translate properly or well
>Tendency toward clarity and specificity, with even the notoriously dense authors simply requiring acclimation
>Most important and seminal thinkers in philosophy for the past 200-300 years
>Masters of movements still cutting edge and relevant today
French
>Limited, non-agglutinative vocabulary, translates fine to English
>Tendency toward deliberate obscurantism even at the lowest level, allowing for total charlatans to masquerade as legitimate philosophers to hipsters for decades
>A few important movements, mostly simple undergraduate level (Enlightenment era) or only of interest to women and hipsters (20th c.)
>Masters of fraudulent movements that are clogging philosophy and culture today

-Literature-

German
>Great masters and innovators in Romanticism, Realism, and Modernism
>Mellifluous but precise poetry from a language well-suited for it
>Covers great philosophical themes
>Several great masters like Goethe
French
>Mostly derivative works of saccharine romanticism or outright romance, of little interest to moderns
>Limp language, 'weak'-feeling, no clear stops or divisions, tendency toward the saccharine and effeminate, inferior in flow to fellow Romance language Italian (which also has a superior corpus of poetry)
>Mostly interpersonal, emotional stories, designed to titillate rather than enlighten or cause introspection, good for female readers
>More prolific than profound (Sartre)

-Culture & utility-

Germans
>Politest people on earth
>Industrious
>Powerhouse of Europe, leader of the EU
>Either win wars or lose them when the entire planet joins in
French
>Notoriously rudest people on earth
>Notoriously indolent
>Flagging relevance, second fiddle to Germany in EU
>Lose wars before they start

I am this user (from Hungary btw) and I like Spanish.

truth

You forgot:

>English language
Very little grammar compared with its Germanic and Romance forebears, high adaptable, absorbs new words easily and other languages frequently borrow from it
>English and American people
Invented capitalism, an economic system that can be placed anywhere and destroys any indigenous traditions (even their own); two largest military powers of the past 500 years; philosophy is shallow in the former and non-existent in the latter; great amounts of literature, very little of it worthwhile

Making vast generalizations is fun.

Romanian is the living language closest to Latin.

why are you so butthurt Jose Diego?

Retard, you didn't even progress beyond the alphabets of most languages you're shitting on.

This is one of the most murrikan posts I have seen around here. I mean not even on /int/ you see shit like this.

Quidnam dixisti modo mihi, cinaedule? Ego te certiorem faciam me exiisse ex universitate optimum meae ordinis et in frequentibus incurisonibus occultis contra magistros naturalis scientiae exercitum, et plus quam trecentas caedes probatas habere. Doctus sum belli litterati et optimus grammaticus in toto Latinarum Litterarum exercitu. Tu es nil mihi praeterquam aliud destinatum. Ego te, scelus, conteram adamussim ut numquam usquam visum est in orbe terrarum, annota mea, malum, verba. Arbitrarisne te posse illas contumelias dicere impune per interrete? Iterum arbitrare, nequam. Etiam cum colloquimur advoco meum secretum rete curiosorum grammaticorum et tuum IP excipitur, ut iam satius sit te parari procellae, vermis. Procella quae omnino perdat illud miserandulum quod tu tuam vitam nominas. Per deos immortalis tu es mortuus, puercule. Ubivis, quandoque esse ego possum et novi te trucidare pluribus quam DCC modos - ei comminus tantum. Non solum sum doctus plurifariam certaminum inermorum sed usu ego fruor toti armentarii Latinarum Litterarum Pedagogorum et eo utar effuse ut detergam tuum miserum os de facie telluris, caenulum. Si novisses quam nefas ultionem "callidum" tuum dictum inlaturum fuisse fortasse retinuisses tuam linguam. Sed non poteras, non fecisti, et nunc poenas solvis, fatue miselle. Ego furiam cacabo super te totum et tu in illa merges. Per deos immortalis tu es mortuus, puercule.

Kaaf, noon (?), alif, raal
Kaaf, alif, kaaf, ?
Allah, alif, kaaf, baa, raal
????

I don't understand, user. My understanding of Arabic is extremely limited. Can you translate for me?

>you now have ten seconds to list the most bro-tier eruotrash countries
Dutch, Germans, Italians, Irish

german, england, ireland, ... fuck

>bro-tier
>no Spaniards

>very little nuance
>has to be expressed through body language

Holy shit

spaniards are too poor to go to other countries and act like bros

What would you say to me, cinaedulus?
I will make the best out of the whole gone out of me , I will inform you of my teachers against what is hidden within the natural order, and the priests in crowded charges of the knowledge of the army, and to have approved the murder of more than three hundred. I have learned of the war and learned the best teacher in the whole of Latin letters army. You are nothing to me, in addition to any other destination. For my own part , it may be, that I will break exactly as I have never seen anywhere in the world , my note saying which is , that which was evil , the words of the. Arbitrarisne you could say that these insults with impunity through the internet ? Again I think , worthless . Even when we talk to advise my secret net curiosorum grammar and your IP address is received , so that you may be better prepared for the storm worm .
The storm that you are in your life and give their names which will be finally destroying it miserandulum . By the immortal gods, you are dead , finally . Everywhere , I knew you to murder me , and sometimes I can not be more than 700 kinds of I - only close to him . Not only do I enjoy the whole experience , but I learned various conflicts unarmed armory Latin letters instructors and use it to wipe your pursuit of the mouth of the wretched of the earth , DINNER . If the crime to avenge last " warm " may be said to have been very much in keeping your tongue . But I could not , not do this, and now to pay the penalty , Thou fool, poor alike. I am mad at you all, and you took off the lid in that merges. By the immortal gods, you are dead , finally .

لنضحك من الأعجم

FUUUUUCK, hold on

Alif, ???, t'aa, raal, kaaf (space) zaa (?), noon (space)...

I give up. I used to know a great deal of the Arabic alphabet, but I kind of stopped caring after I left the Middle East.

By extension, the only other appropriate language to work with in philosophy would be english.

توب كيك
لهم جهنم و بئس المصير

Who the fuck lives in Romania?

You didn't spell any correctly. Where in the ME?

first line: kafir
second: something kafir. probably ( you are all kafirs)
third: ellehü ekber
fourth: no idea, i don't think that's even a word. it reads: sagiii(y)

Spanish is absolute filthy, Portuguese and Italian are lame, and Latin is bland. French and perhaps Romanian are the only good Romance languages.

إن كنت تستهزئ فإني بريء منك وما تقول

>Don Quijote
>first novel

Wrong by over 500 years.

Spainish speakers BTFO, suicide watch, never recover, etc.

Fuck off weeb.
Chinky people do not matter, they are barbaric savages and eat dogs.
They are also autistic.

That cover reeks of insecurity sorry.

Sage, dumbfuck

متى عملية قصف الاربعة شان؟
اعلم اننا بدأنا بالفايسبوك الاسبوع الماضي

>I used to know a great deal of the Arabic alphabet
You're acting like there are hundreds of letters or something. Learning the alphabet is by far the easiest part, if you really spent time in the Middle East and don't recognize the letters you probably didn't know shit to begin with.

rude

Latin's not bland, most people just don't know how to pronounce it. R's should be tapped, some vowels are nasal, there should be elision just like in French between words, vowels should be pronounced clearly and quantity observed scrupulously.

But I've never even met someone who reads that way and I myself can't pull it off, being an amerifat with amerifat speaking habits. In my head though, man! It sounds grand I assure you.

من أنتم؟

لا، بل من أنتم الذين لا تأخذون الغرب و إلكترونيته أعداء لكم؟
أي عقيدة هذه؟

Spanish pronunciation is much more rigid, the language doesn't lend itself for rimes and catchy song, but its incredibly flexible in other areas.
As someone who was taught both an an early age (mother from usa, father from Arg) I find Spanish to be more beautiful out of the two.