WRITERS, GET IN HERE

WRITERS, GET IN HERE.

Who is actually producing work tonight? Screenshot or GTFO

> Chapter One
Literally nothing else.

Also, clean your shit.

It's dirty from work. If you can take the time to notice the smudges you can look at the page and word count in the lower left hand corner.

Also I'm doing last minute editing before I hand it over to my editor.

writing genre fiction is real writing

Why are you in a dirty place filled with nerds who look like they're playing magic the gathering.

Only plebs write in a public place

Where are you OP?

Hanging out with a friend inbetween rounds. No one cares if I sit in the back, steal wifi,and knock out work. Btw, there's a kid here with a bright green squid hat on playing MTG. Nature's way of saying "I came to bring the pain."

Gaskun your science fiction garbage sucks shit, please give up and an hero.

Have you read my science fiction garbage shit or are you speculating?

is this truly the modern literary process

taking your fucking laptop to a tabletop nerd orgy so you can put the ""finishing touches"" on your .docx of The Phantom's Return

i am going to kill myself

You sound just about as pathetic as Gaskun, so give it a shot.

Neckbeards, dolls, ugly ass room. Must be an mtg tournament. What deck you on lad

you sound and probably look like a fucking faggot. endyourself

you got it, congrats
i logically cannot be by reason of my not currently being at a tabletop gaming event

Don't play. Friend does. He's got green/black I think. Draft. I've been coming here for about ten years and writing in the back while he plays. I'll likely be writing at the lounge of a gay disco later. Places where you can soak up free wifi and concentrate. Wife has her friends at home for book club.

How can you concentrate when you're surrounded by a bunch of fags being fags. Is it because you're so well attuned to them?

You should post a page so I can critique.

Headphones and music.

Post your own work. That's why I created the thread.

you got kids?

>not using screenshot
user..

now why did you take a picture of your laptop instead of prtsc'ing? do you think people care about your narcissistic vanity?

Full Screenshot would have actual name on it. No.

YOU CAN CROP A SCREENSHOT YOU RETARDED UNCIVILIZED CAVEMAN

Fine, here you go.

I'm also not certain how you're able to write while listening to such insufferable garbage

>Windows 10

>not Windows Vista

Phantasmagoria.... Like the magazine?

Update, squid kid is on the move.

No. As in the word, phantasmagoria. It's not an allusion to anything.

I didn't plan on getting it, but my laptop updated on its own accord, somehow, while I was sleeping; so I just said fuck it, and kept it.

Wow, you are a slavish footstool for the botnet.

I pity you.

Oh shit. He found he snack counter.
Those Chee-tos are done for.

I don't particularly care. All I care about is writing and reading.

The illuminate, or whomever, can do what they want with my laptops resources.

Gaskun is one of the least funny posters around here.

Edgy taste bro

And probably one of the least talented writers

Honestly whatever gaskun is working on is definitely better than this

Maybe for u
Kraftwerk is art.

I wouldn't be too surprised. It's just something i'm writing to practice a couple things. Not something i'm writing to refine and publish.

What don't you like about it, though?

Btw, need more actual writers to sound off.

Squid kid is antsy.

Kraftwerk is fine. Pretty much any of those artist individually is fine. Together, they indicate an aging goth, mentally still a teenager, with juvenile attitudes towards politics, sex, and literally everything else

There's nothing wrong with it. Babby is just butthurt about producing nothing. Here's a picture of my friend Dan just before they pulled the plug on him. He had some kind of seizure and had no family. I visited him in the hospital and took him a copy of Dune to help pass the time while they ran tests. The seizure happened again and he went into a vegetative state after he signed a DNR. His vitals failed while I was visiting and I watched him die. He was just a friendly guy from my writers group and now he's gone. He Encouraged me to keep writing so I do. RIP Dan.

>literally.

I...I didn't come here to feel. RIP Dan.

Dying before I reach my dream of producing a literary masterpiece is my worst fear.

Oh brother, now he's seeking emotional backing from anons on fucking Veeky Forums, with a pity story. Gaskun is so fucking desperate.

I took him the copy of Dune because of the few times he read some of his work, he would read from his continuing story about a dying kingdom on the edge of a vast desert. The story centered around the captain of the Kings guard as they decided in secret that a coup must take place to save the populace and that someone must venture into the vast desert to find the answer to why it continued to swell and envelop their world. I felt Dune might be appropriate. After he passed, it turned out he had a cousin who was coming to claim his material possessions. I made contact with him and tried to gain access to his work to preserve it but the jerk took his laptops and things, wiped their memories and pawned them. Dans work is forever gone save for what I remember so I'm adding it as a big arc in my next series and he'll be listed as a contributor. It's the least I can do.
Pic related: it's the notes for the next series.

I now know there's someone in the world whose a worse writer than I am, and is still confident enough to show his writing to strangers on the internet.

I need to rethink some things.

I think that my publisher would disagree with you, but whatever you want to say, user.

It's just the first paragraph of a short story that I wrote while eating some cereal, so i'm not too attached to it, or any criticism that it garners.

How about instead of being annoying, you actually tell me what you find wrong with it.

Ignore him. Do your thing. Keep producing. That's the only way you get better.

Instead of asking stupid questions, why don't you consider why he should go out of his way to help a horrifically bad writer?

Post work or GTFO.

Your mistake is assuming that I want help from anyone on this site, user. I just expect someone to tell me why something is bad, rather than just shitposting on Veeky Forums.

I don't even consider it amazing writing, but I know enough to know that it's at least decent; and better than 99.99% of the stuff posted on this site. I also already have validation for being good at writing, which is more than you'll likely ever have; so stay mad, user.

It reads like a self-masturbatory exercise in writing from the point of view of an insufferable cunt.

Yes, keep citing your imaginary friends as moral support, I will keep petting my giant ultramarine seahorse named Susan.

Expecting help and wanting it amounts to the same thing, stop backpedaling like a pussy faggot.

>t. plebs who have never written shit in their lives

change of scenery is one of the absolute best ways to get through writer's block

just bring along a white noise mp3

lol this retard can't into reading comprehension

he can't think

he can't write

there's no discernible talent

The narrator is supposed to be insufferable, friend. He's quite insane: It's Gothic.

Man, this board really has gone down the drain. Now I remember why I generally only come here to critique stuff while on commute to and from school. I'm assuming this is just the same person shitposting

Seems to me there are a couple of us shitting on the """""""writers""""""" itt.

>I was only pretending to be retarded in my writing

Maybe an insufferable narrator makes sense in your head, but it makes for a story nobody will want to read.
And the writing is uninteresting with zero flow.
Learn to be more concise, and don't give me some shitty cop-out excuse about "muh gothic prose"

It reads like shit, the narrator is shit, and you're full of shit.

How'd you get that screenshot effect where it looks like you're taking a picture on your phone?

You don't really seem to know much about writing at all, so i'm just going to discard your opinion.

Regardless, it's not really writing that I care too much about, so i'm just going to end things here unless you want to give a real opinion on something specific you disliked.

Why don't you post some of your writing, so I can laugh at you and tell you that you really are retarded. It's easy to tell the writers on Veeky Forums apart from the board-hopping shitposters

Thanks, friend. Like I said, it's just something I'm writing to practice a couple things, so if it's not working out, i'm happy to know why.

Sure thing.

>You don't really seem to know much about writing at all, so i'm just going to discard your opinion.
>Regardless, it's not really writing that I care too much about, so i'm just going to end things here unless you want to give a real opinion on something specific you disliked.
>Why don't you post some of your writing, so I can laugh at you and tell you that you really are retarded. It's easy to tell the writers on Veeky Forums apart from the board-hopping shitposters

How retarded is it again?

Hey Gaskun, haven't seen you in a while, are you getting published soon?

Also, i'm not really writing anything, just a little poetry, sent a couple of poems to a competition and hoping for the best.

I self published my book (collection of short stories) but I don't know how to publicize or market it, only sales I have are from people I know. Any tips??

10/10

>"Update, squid kid is on the move."
>keen comedy narration

Gaskun, I don't know who you are, but already like you.

You had some impressive timing with this shot.

Gaskun is awesome, shut up anonybully

Published, selling, and available in 190 countries. Book 2 out in three weeks. New books every 3-4 months

>Self published sci Fi
Just lol

Nice dubs.
Listen to the self publishing podcast. These guys know what they're doing. Seek out the ones with Mark lefebvre from Kobo first and then the ones with Dan Wood from Draft2digital.
???
Profit

I've learned more from these guys in a month than I have in 5 years. Cheers and good luck!

Probably the worst, if not for his actual writing, his self righteousness solidifies his position

user, your diction and style is a bit like mine

Need Help with this phrasing:
"I'm guessing what I would do involves yelling at a woman"
"what I would do involves" sounds odd out loud, any suggestions to make it sound better?

To bad your writing is shit, he's probably disappointed in you.

Squid kid is gone but "Vapor Bill" managed to show up.

Either maintain the subjunctive tense or don't use it in the first place.
>would involve

>I know it's decent
But it's not, is literal garbage. There is nothing redeemable about it. It's something I'd expect from a fifth grader.

>Literal garbage

Vaper's are the worst. Not because they do it, but because they always have to make sure that everyone notices it.

I still don't understand how you can focus there.

That's interesting to know. I usually find myself writing in a combination of victorian and modern style

Headphones

So how about you post a short excerpt of your work?

I am pretty much a dumb dumb and don't get what you mean by get rid of it. The problem is the sentence is meant to be as short and easy to articulate as possible. I'm not sure which sounds worse out-loud:
>"I'm guessing what I would do involves yelling at a woman"
>I'm guessing what I would do would involves yelling at a woman"
Not saying you're incorrect, just searching for alternate solutions

and obviously it's involve not involves in the second sentence
sage

You guys are starting to get a bit ridiculous now. At least improve your bait a bit

I don't post here. As I've done before, Give me a disposable email and we'll open up a dialogue. If we exchange ideas I might be inclined to send some text. Otherwise no. LIT gets a lot of traffic and I'd love to post links but there's always dipshits who will torpedo your shit because you're not writing the "post modernist, millennial, social-commentary on....whatever" that suits whatever twisted mindset is left over after they quit reading Moby Dick because it made their little head hurt.

>present tense
Wew lad

Games are over. Friend got second place. Time to head to gay disco and write there I guess. Cheap drinks, free wifi, and 7 foot drag queens

The gay disco should provide with more interesting pictures.

I'd take snaps of my location, but i'm just sitting at my desk

It's one of the last remaining original discos in the United States. The dancefloor looks like something out of a movie.

>windows 10 botnet

>mfw someone publishes your shit before you do

This is extremely pretentious and you're a bit out of bounds with the style that doesn't seem to come naturally to you. The whole thing feels forced really, it's just poorly written in general but also uninteresting and seems like it took no sincere thought, just random scribbling. Which is stupid, by the way.

gaskun remains one of the most pathetic tripfags on this board

seriously kill yourself

Btw, I was in Cynthiana, ky today where the creators of the walking dead are from. They put up this mural about a month ago. It was cool to see it in person

>The most interesting thing in Kentucky is shitty advertising for a tv series.

You need to stop soon gaskun.

>I saw something interesting today!

"Go fuck yourself pleb cuck fag! You're not allowed to like things! What do you mean you didn't hang out with David Foster Wallace and write a dissertation on catcher in the rye? How dare you, you uncivilized swine! We will tell you what you can and cannot enjoy on a Burmese pet trading site!"

Srsly. That's what you sound like

are you illiterate you fucking retard? kill yourself, seriously. he wasn't saying anything about whether or not you enjoyed it, he was just calling your state shit, which it is. just look at its name. "kentucky," rofl.

Stahp. It's just embarrassing.

I wish I saw this thread when I was working on my short story at the comfy Asian cafe close to home with two cute twenty-something Korean girls working there with short shorts who probably do double-duty at the massage parlor next door. But c'est la vie.

Post pics of gay club