How important is it to practice mathematical problems/mathematics overall besides reading and writing to exercise...

How important is it to practice mathematical problems/mathematics overall besides reading and writing to exercise intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWFcbuOav3g
dinnerpartydownload.org/sigizmund-krzhizhanovsky/
youtube.com/watch?v=bSL4cmFW_GU
youtube.com/watch?v=itLAlTJt8cs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not posting mayli

you had one job

I cannot believe how incredibly huge that woman's hand is

who is this dick dragon?

look how small her other arm is in comparison

simply wow

She is so hot
Imagine those fast hands stroking your dick

youtube.com/watch?v=vWFcbuOav3g

Well but the arm thing is just perspective

bro...

bro, come on now.

bro, come on now, think about it

come on bro.

I mean can you imagine the sheer amount of paper book(s) she could pick up with that hand
She could claw up multiple volumes of Proust with no possibility of escape
Something like Dubliners wouldn't stand a chance
But that other arm on the other hand, if she used its full length, she could hold up MAYBE like two novellas

OK, let me ask you this, smart guy: Would you rather have one arm that was 100 feet long, or 100 arms that were each one foot long?

You're not taking this seriously
The hand is the main thing we're focusing on here, not that other arm back there
I mean I haven't seen such a massive hand on a woman like that outside of sportscasting

Plato says it's very important

What did Plato say about enormous hands?

jesus those are massive keys at the front there. four of them are the size of her thigh

You ever seen the movie Big? With Tom Hanks? Same piano.

Although but really the arm question actually is related user
This large hand thing must be some sort of fetish, or maybe even something practical, from East Asian library science
The book has to go somewhere after the woman grabs it, so arm length is a factor too
Can you imagine a 100-foot-long arm
She could return a book to the far corner of a shelf on the fifth floor without leaving the circulation desk, or even get it over the railing on the tenth floor
That's practically some Babel-level stack management

She may play a mean piano, but all of her friends still call her the "fiddler crab."

If her hands were switched, she'd have a three-octave upper range like Kate Bush

If that's a reference, i don't get it. I just finished The Republic two days ago

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in Kate's bush
~Plato

Plato covers the hand thing in the dialogue titled Mano.
tl;dr: a single immense hand represented an auspicious incarnation of two ideal forms at once, but two of them portended a horrifying fate

>dialogue
isn't that one a manologue?

I remember years ago seeing a touring exhibit of ancient Chinese artifacts at my history museum and seeing some really large scrolls
This large hand thing must have been selectively bred over the generations to handle things like that
Any insight from our resident Sinologists here would be more than welcome

It goes back to the Qin dynasty when they would bind the girls' feet. Their hands got bigger in order to compensate. Pretty basic evolutionary theory.

There are some lengthy soliloquies, but it does include occasional prompting throughout by the disciple Phalanges

Does he devote more attention to metaphysics or metacarpals?

Strictly the former; he didn't get into metacarpals until after The Tunnel

it isn't.

Yo that chick has big hands

Alotta good shit right here itt

For you

Really the woman with 100 one-foot-long arms would have some serious abilities herself
Think of how quickly she could process returned books
She would be the desire and envy of many
They would have to set up a whole bank of network terminals and a system of book chutes like an airport luggage system
People would call her Lotus
She would be the apotheosis of book returns, like the whole cardiopulmonary system of hr library all in one
I would bring her tea
She would set new records for getting books back to the shelves
I would look after her discreetly but diligently

Depends. If you want/need to be good at math you should practice different areas of it to keep it fresh. If you don't want/need math there's no point torturing yourself.

You need to fucking chill out motherfucker! OK? You need to just chill the fuck out.

Yuja is Arrau tier.

I really don't know what to think here
There is something about the arms in addition to the much-discussed hand issue
One wrist requires a men's watch for proportion, while the other one (along with the arm as a whole) is thin enough to break if it gets wet
She's definitely not using it to prop herself up like she appears to be
And yet the wrist with the watch
look at how much larger the hand is
It's like they're not part of the same person
It's like she's reaching under the keyboard and someone else is reaching up from underneath it
Or like the hand is its own entity and she's just there to give it an alibi

>the hand is its own entity
The hand is the protagonist of the short story by Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky titled 'The Runaway Fingers'
Best I can do is an excerpt, but it's well worth the read if anyone has a link:
dinnerpartydownload.org/sigizmund-krzhizhanovsky/

Just dropping in to point out that Viet girls are the best girls on the planet and no other race holds a candle in any aspect of womanhood.

god DAMN

she has manhands

she's han chinese

youtube.com/watch?v=bSL4cmFW_GU

Sparrow, darling of my lady,
With whom [she is accustomed] to play, whom [she is accustomed] to hold in her lap,
To whom [she is accustomed] to give her fingertip to assail
And accustomed to insight sharp bites,
When glistening with desire of me
Makes some agreeable jest
(A little comfort of her pain,
I believe, so that then [her] heavy flame may come to rest)
If only I could play with you just so
And ease the sad troubles of [your] mind!

-Catullus

>man hands
Good gravy
Think of how many books she could pick up
She should have gone into library science
So deft
Does the episode feature her reading or otherwise handling a book?

I don't even know what the fuck you are trying to say. Can you talk loke a normal human being for once and not in memes?

>she'll never use your face as a piano seat

This is a SFW blue board
Take your priapic intersex pig-children back to /b/
If you have other pics of the one on the right with its phallus covered you can post more of those here anyway

does the 100 foot arm entail having a 50 foot forearm and 50 foot upper arm? that would make getting around very difficult

I study maths because I like it. Sometimes it's relaxing to sit down and work on a problem for an hour or two.

As long as you can do high-school level algebra, along with maybe some basic statistics, I think you're fine.

That would definitely be the anatomy
There would be some limitations involved but they would be dealt with easily enough and would clearly be well worth the accommodations
Her unique abilities would self-select her for larger libraries, surely on large university campuses
University chancellors, provosts, and rectors would positively fall all over each other to have her restocking their library stacks
Large universities would facilitate mobility due to the expansive nature of such campuses and the relative prevalence of buildings with grand entrance halls, multi-story open cores, and so on
I mean if a school secured her library services they would easily see a good 5-10% increase in how quickly they could get their library books back on the shelves
The school could bump its admissions--and concommitant tuition revenue from federal loans and family fortunes--by that same amount within a single semester
The most sensible transportation option would undoubtedly be an extended sedan chair
The longer arm would add minimal weight to the chair despite its greater length; maybe two extra people max to carry it
The bearers of the chair would have to be eunuchs of course

you could have as many elbows as you want. It could even be like a big old snake.

He said "If her hands are small, something else must be small". I guarantee you she has no problem. I guarantee.

Quick poll since the subject has been brought up in the thread:

For those of you at university: how long are your librarian's arms, and how big are her hands?

Maybe someone who knows how can set up a survey monkey for this

Does that mean she's good or bad?

>lmgtfy

Yuja Wang is the lady in the picture and Claudio Arrau is another classical pianist.

That music is hotter to me

mmmm tasty chromaticism

not him but i think arrau and yuja are both excellent

im waiting for yuja to do a beethoven sonata cycle. so far she's still young and specializes in a lot of virtuoso showpieces, though has recently incorporated the hammerklavier in her repertoire. i've yet to hear it live but recordings are quite intriguing. highly idiosyncratic in her treatment of the rhythm in particular

interesting about the hammerklavier; i'll have to check that out. i know that yuja has also started performing more "mature" material like Mozart. and when it comes to beethoven sonatas i think schnabel is hard to beat.

Mathematics is important if you want to quantify things or describe phenomena. If you don't need to do these things then for you math is as unimportant as you are.

Evening Literature board goers.
I come from the /composition/ general in the /mu/ thread (mayhaps ye'ev heard o' it). I am looking to be recommended a piece of fictional literature pertaining to composing or even classical music. Something with a main character who is a composer (of classical music) would be ideal. I also want the book to be a good one which means it would be preferable if you could personally recommend it. Something where classical music/composing classical music is a main component of the book will be great for me to read as I commute to music school everyday. Preferably, the literature will have been written in the 20th-21st century although 19th century works will be acceptable; I do not want something by Denis Diderot you fucking niggers. I jest, I jest. If you have read any worthwhile biographies on composers that you would highly recommend I will consider them but again, I am primarily looking for fiction here.

Good night. Sleep well. If I could kiss your foreheads right at this very moment I would feel inclined to do so but since that is not possible, I will not.

Yuja is nowhere close to comparable to Arrau wtf

It's as important as you think being able to argue abstractly and deductively is.
Also I bet Yuja gives a mean head.

You faggots are as bad as reddit with your try-hard quippy humour and "board culture".

An interesting topic is ruined because you narcissists can't set your egos aside and discuss things in a mature manner.

are you a grill
post hands or gfto

MUH SERIOUS MATURE LITERATURE BOARD

The thread has been up for over 36 hours, and very little has been offered about OP's question
It's a pretty straightforward issue anyway (tl;dr: it's helpful if a little niche)
OP certainly hasn't had much to offer that discussion
It might be better discussed by Veeky Forums anyway
As far as the thread goes, the discussion has centered around the far more important topic of differences female upper extremities and their impact (the differences) on library science
Maybe you have some thoughts along those lines
Maybe the discussion can expand to include the role of large hands and arms in female authorship as well

It isn't. Reading and writing isn't important either.
Your intelligence won't change for the best regardless of what you do, it can only become worse. Whatever you do has no effect in general (fluid) intelligence, only increases the dexterity of the particular set of skills needed for such activities.

Post feet

>feet
Get that out of here right now you sicko
This is not the thread for anything of the kind
We are discussing hands and arms here

Obligatory
She would be the best librarian in history
Not only could her hand expand to grab many many books at once
She could stretch to get them back to any back corner
She's so fast and strong too
Can you imagine
She's like the Platonic ideal of returning library books to the shelves

>importance
>existing in three dimensional reality

just watch tv until you die

>tfw you come to terms with your retardation while studying calculus alone at home as an attempt to start getting into the mathematics

Man I don't have anything that's exactly like you've described, but read Huxley's Point Counter Point you'll enjoy it.

I'll check it out

Bro.

They all do a beethoven sonata cycle eventually. She probably has a bf & he isn't cool with it.

Time stamp hands or gtfo.

Mods this is a blue board

That's a pretty short dress eh. Do we have consent to view her like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=itLAlTJt8cs

Ho lee fuck user, I better ask my mom to pick up new pack of kleenex boxes the next time she goes grocery shopping.

You're going to be disappointed. She is of course a very gifted pianist, but her """idiosyncratic""" treatment of the rhythm is something more like mangling and heavy-handed [laugh track] showmanship. Stick to Barenboim and Schnabel, I say.

And then there's this dumb fuck.

She does bash away. I imagine she'd handle me roughly.

Yeol Eum Son's hands are thicker.

The Discovery of Heaven - Harry Mulisch
Doctor Faustus - Mann
George Sand wrote about Chopin

barenboim is hardly a good comparison to schnabel...

how many beethoven piano cycles have you heard? i'd say yuja wang has varying similarities with kovacevich, a. fischer, gilels, and HJ Lim

this is actually one of my autistic literary interests so i have some good shit for you my nigga

Strongly reocmmend:
Doctor Faustus - Thomas Mann
Orfeo - Richard Power
The Unconsoled - Kazuo Ishiguro

Connection to music is loser/more abstract, but still highly recommended:
The Kreutzer Sonata - Leo Tolstoy
Nocturnes - Kazuo Ishiguro
Napoleon Symphony - Anthony Burgess
The Glass Bead Game - Hermann Hesse

Haven't read but should fall in the ball park:
The Loser - Thomas Bernhard
Middle C - William Gass
Pathetic Symphony - Klaus Mann

happy to elaborate on these + i'm leaving out a bunch but yeah these shoudl get your started

oh yeah since you're in middle school I say start with Orfeo. almost certain you'll get a kick out of it and it's unknown on this board I think