E-Readers

Hey lit, I'm in the market for an e-reader
What are some that you use and recommend?

If you have android, buy Moon Reader Pro app for I think 2 dollars. You can customize it so good that it will actually be better than an e-reader. It also has options to tell you how many % you're at and how many time is left if you desire so. Margins, font, font spacing, background, colors, everything you can set. There is absolutely no need to get an e-reader if you have a decent smartphone. None.

You can do the same on e-readers plus e-ink is far easier on the eyes

Yeah but one is free, the other is not. Also if you're worried about easiness on eyes, you can download Twilight app, It blocks blue light and you can dim it to your liking, set it to black background white text yadda yadda.

I don't own an android tablet, not going to read on my five inch phone. But what would have the better advantage in college when dealing with textbooks? A basic e-reader or a tablet?

>not going to read on my five inch phone
Why not? It's not like you read 100 words a second. Pic related is my current set-up for day-reading.

Why not laptop?

Through out my day I really need my phone to up without the need for charge until I get home. Having the screen on for long sessions really drains it.

My laptop isn't a 2 n' 1, it's not really the most comfortable when reading a book

I use a Paperwhite and it is pretty nice. The light makes it so you don't need a lamp at any time of day, and it isn't a strain on the eyes. It has a good battery life even with the light on.

Then you should go for an e-reader yeah, thought I would keep you up to date on what mobile phone can do, but if you made up your mind then go for any Kobo I guess, they're all decent

Does the paperwhite allow to upload a .pdf?

Two ways: 1. Connect via usb and copy-paste 2. You can send a mail with your file as attachment to kindle mail [email protected].

kindle paperwhite

There's literally no reason not to get the Kobo Aura One.
>m-muh price
Poorfags are subhuman and shouldn't be allowed to read.

Yes. Free smartphone. Unlike an e-reader.

Idiot kid.

t. poorfag scum

Kobo Glo HD is what I personally use. I recommend it.

Is there any scientific consensus on e-ink being easier on the eyes compared to reading on a tablet? It seems to me it's all personal preference and research disputes any noticeable difference.
Personally I read on a tablet and it doesn't bother me unless I stare at it for ~8 hours without any breaks.

The main point of e-ink is power consumption.