Thoughts on Starbucks?

Thoughts on Starbucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oct-MsEfvco
ehp.niehs.nih.gov/wp-content/uploads/advpub/2016/4/ehp.1510803.acco.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Garbage coffee. But besides that I dislike the people who regularly go there. Dumb soccer moms, stupid white girls with yoga pants are garbage taste. The shit they put into their drinks is carcinogenic I mean really. If you're going to spend $5+ on a drink you can get something infinitely better at independently owned cafe's.

If you need caffeine it serves a good purpose.

If you were to factor in ethical issues, then i'm not sure (i'm not sure your that kind of person, neither am I).

But it also has a lot of flavored coffee drinks which is draw card for persons who are not simple after coffee.

Finally, starbucks during the afternoon in China is a great place to stop if your a foreigner since the people that go in their shut the fuck up and don't smoke. I went to one in Chongqing early in the morning and was able to use the wifi and get the caffeine I was after. So it serves a kind of quick convenience where you can blow an hour and the will not try to kick you out.

I do not believe that the creator of that image understands the meaning of the word 'toxic'.

>NOT VEGAN
>#FoodBabeArmy

So are you saying there is nothing wrong with processed, industrialized shit? It has no negative health implications?

Veganism is the way forward. Meat=murder.

Very generic opinion

I believe what I stated to be clear.

To reiterate : the person who created that image does now know the meaning of the word 'toxic'.

I'm not vegan but the chemicals in the pumpkin spice latte are toxic particularly carrageean

Not even the guy you're responding to, but he's right. Toxicity is essentially the dosage of a chemical required for it to be harmful to the body. Water is toxic if the dose is big enough.

>pumpkin drink with nothing resembling actual pumpkin in it
>full of chemicals and shit
>not toxic

Americans will go to great lengths to defend their obesity. Did you vote for Trump too?

"toxic" is a poisonous substance.

There is only one mention of the word toxic in the image, and it relates to 50g of a naturally occurring plant matter derived product as being a 'toxic dose'.

This is clearly incorrect, therefore I would have doubts as to the veracity of any other information in that image.

Yes, like water.

>Toxic dose of Sugar

You can google the ingredients. Or are you really so retarded you think massive corporations and fast food chains have your health and best interest in mind when they create their shit?

None of that has any relevance on whether or not 50 grams of sugar is a 'toxic dose'.

This is patently fake and homosexual.

I work there. Overall the company is pretty cool. Great benefits but i fucking hate most of the drinks. Manager is insufferable.

And to answer the question no they don't burn the coffee but they over roast them

It was obviously compiled some some stupid vegan bitch but that does not negate the fact that carrageean is linked to cancer and other fucked up shit. And that is in the pumpkin spice latte.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Given that the person who authored the image has no comprehension of what the word 'toxic' actually means, I will not be taking anything else they say seriously.

Serious question, do you have autism?

No it definitely is. You can find the ingredient list online and find plenty of studies on carrageean and it most definitely is linked to plenty of negative health effects on humans. You really are making Americans look fucking stupid you know?

You know what else is "linked" to cancer?

The sun.
Alcohol.
Smoked foods.
Vaginas.

So never the leave the house, steer clear of parties, don't touch bacon, and above all, avoid women.

I don't even like Starbucks, their coffee is overpriced and always burnt. But Even worse is the fact that I feel compelled to defend a giant corporation from holier than thou idiots with meme opinions they think make them enlightened

>You really are making Americans look fucking stupid you know?

How so? Please do elucidate.

>It's ok goy give your hard earned shekels to the coporations in exchange for nutritious pumpkin spice latte's!

Who did you vote for? Genuinely curious

Americans have a reputation for being arrogant, fat, and dumb. When you defend an unethical mega corporation that puts horrible shit into their food that has absolutely no benefit for your health, you simply give the stereotype credibility.

When did he "defend" starbucks?

I've been maybe 5 times in my life
it's okay, their sandwiches are really stupid hot when they come out of the microwave

I have no idea where 'America' or 'defending' anyone or anything comes from.

I'm British, have never visited any of the colonies, and have merely pointed out that the author of the image incorrectly believes that 50g of sugar is a 'toxic' measure.

Anything else is in this looneys fucking noggin.

>Americano
>cream
>no sugar
>only from the drive thru, never go inside

Fuck everything else from starbucks or spending any amoumt of time there

Years ago I found someone's wallet on campus. I returned it to the owner, but I took their starbucks gift card. That shit had $150 on it and I tried just about everything they have. It's all complete shit

When he became autistic and started denying the toxicity of the ingredients in the PSL.

I'm not American.
So I'm not sure if that can help you justify your meme opinions or not.

>I'm British

Even worse than Americans. Beware of the eternal anglo. Day of the rope couldn't come sooner.

And have you accepted the toxicity of water yet?

Why are you so desperate to have an argument? Surely you have better things you could be doing

Britbongs are on par with Americans. You have a population of dumbed down, cuckholds who are getting colonized and have the same shitty fast food corporations shoving their dicks in your mouth.

Water is not inherently toxic to humans like carrageean is you fucking idiot.

I'm not a britbong either. Keep trying though, you're sure showing me.

Why are you desperate to defend Starbucks? You could become a vegan like me and have such a happier, healthier life :O

50g of sugar is not toxic to humans.

If you wish to argue that it is, I'm going to need something to back that up.

>When he became autistic

Maybe he ate to much toxic sugar

More retardation and misunderstanding of what toxicity means

Not every ingredient in there is. But some certainly are.

Drink starbucks shit everyday for a few years then and tell me how you feel

Can the person who believes that 50g of sugar is a 'toxic dose' please define what they understand the word 'toxic' to mean?

I don't believe 50g of sugar is toxic at all.

Who said I'm defending starbucks? I posted this .

Boy somebody really got you riled up, didn't they!

Lmao. Solid rebuttal.

>Going to a fucking drive thru starbucks for coffee when there are so many other options

This is sad. You're such a fat fuck you can't even get out of your car to go and get a proper a drink lol

See

So what word would you use to describe the some of chemicals in the PSL. They are at least harmful are they?

Literally
>Starcucked

kek thank you for the laugh user

>this entire fucking picture

kill you are self

I work there.

Company treats you well. But I never touch the frappuchinos unless I have to taste a new one. Like 500 calories each, god fucking damn.

I will say this however; I challenge any of you fuckers to make a cup of coffee better than a clover machine.

Protip: You cannot.

thats coffee? it looks like a hamburger patty

youtube.com/watch?v=oct-MsEfvco

A French press is superior you fuck

that's just your toxic masculinity speaking

Overpriced sugar water

other naturally occurring substances derived from plant matter: cyanide, arsenic, hemlock

A french press is every beginner into coffee's gateway that leads to them thinking they can make better coffee than starbucks.

>being this toxic
You both sound retarded desu famalamlam
I am inclined to agree with the other chap though. Sugar has not been disproved to be a chronic toxin meaning that it very well may be one and studies have shown it is harmful to the body.
Also chocolate is toxic. To dogs

The Clover is a cool piece of technology that makes a good cup of coffee. Most of their beans are overroasted, but that's fine if you like dark coffee. Their reserves are just good. I would take Starbucks any day over a hipster cafe that thinks their lazy Intelligentsia pour over is a good cup.

I don't particularly enjoy it but every once in a while I'll get something

Their coffee is garbage.

It's really not. It's not great, but it's better than the days when the best you'd find on the road was gas station coffee.

I'll get a caramel hot chocolate very sparingly, when I need the boost.

...I bet you are the type of person who frequently reads huffington post and wastes their money on essential oils

I hope one day it becomes a law that shit like this has to include citations because we have so many of these brainwashed vegan, anti-gmo pseudoscientists poisoning our society with their anti-informational propaganda

>A French
>Superior to a clover

I'm not. I just use common sense and avoid things with added chemicals that have been shown to negatively impact humans. Fast food/large corporations do not have human health in mind, only profit. Too bad you're so fucking stupid you can't see this.

I worked at Starbucks for a couple years, but my experience was a little unique due to the location.

The store was walking distance from the state capitol and the bar district.
So we had to deal with politicians, drunk kids, and homeless all day.
Bet you guys never saw a Starbucks barista throw someone out the door before.

Have these chemicals been shown to negatively impact humans in peer-reviewed studies? Have any of their findings been replicated? Why hasn't the FDA stepped in? It's not like they're hesitant to do so.

You say common sense, but you mean paranoia.

I don't think about it at all

>Why has't the FDA stepped in

>Implying the system is perfect and bribery, lobbying, etc isn't a thing.

Here is an example of one ehp.niehs.nih.gov/wp-content/uploads/advpub/2016/4/ehp.1510803.acco.pdf

Many other chemicals and I mean there are hundreds too many to name just do the research for yourself have been shown to be harmful in animal studies, and quite frankly, eating something that gives rats cancer just can't be good for you. I am not an anti gmo, health freak nut, I support the scientific method and I am in the sciences myself but defending fast food is the pinnacle of American stupidity.

dude you are so redpilled lmao
fuck off, no one likes you

Go eat McChicken's everyday and die faster please. Thickskulled white trash.

Three points to make.

First, Lobbying the FDA is always about increasing regulation, because big companies handle it better than little, solidifying their monopoly. They don't care if a chemical gets banned, because then everyone has to find a workaround, and they're best suited to do it cheaply.

Second, animal studies are hugely suspect. First because their methodology is almost always based on a massive overdose, and second, because their systems work differently than ours. We're finally starting to see the medical community confront the fact that mouse trials, for example, are not an efficient way to test cancer drugs, because their system is just plain different from ours.

Third, chemical exposure is all about the dose. As the article you link states, the chemicals they're looking for are already widespread. Humans are exposed to it every day from a wide variety of sources. They do find that fast food increases the exposure, but they never assert that it's to any kind of effective level.

Fast food has plenty of real problems, but the chemicals they use are tested for harm before implementation, and within the doses a non-maniac takes in, they're not harmful.

Obviously eating it once in a while will do nothing. But if you continually eat it on a regular basis and it becomes a staple in your diet it most certainly will be harmful.

The salt alone would be far worse, because it's in so much of a higher dose. There are plenty of people who eat fast food every single day, and the health problems they register medical professionals are not the rare endocrine or respiratory problems caused by the chemicals in that study, because unless you're getting extra exposure from somewhere else their dose is insignificant compared to the standard problems that fast food brings.

I would bet that it contributes to cancer, kind like how the World Health Organization declared processed meat to be cancer causing. That's why I only eat fish :D

No, nothing in that paper mentioned cancer. And the study you're talking about with meat raised your likelihood of getting cancer from 5% to 6%. If you're eating fish from the ocean, you're probably putting yourself at a greater risk of mercury complications than you would have gotten from cancer. We're all dying of something.

Processed meat causes cancer. I'll stick to being vegan.

No, it slightly increases your risk of cancer. The two are not the same, and this is why everyone believes vegans can't into science.

PSL does have Pumkin puree in it though, its not 100% but would you even want that?
Starbucks is also the only place where they don't fuck up giving you as much sugar as you want, you can get less and they don't look at you weird.
Besides those "problems" the milk and coffee they use is not much different than any other coffee or milk you would normally get. Difference being that they care about freshness and consistency a little more than other chains or grocery store brands.

You could dissect anything and make it sound harmful and cancerous. Even a plain salad you make at home has a huge chance of giving you e coli or pesticides or noravirus or whatever.

Excuse me but slight is bigger than none. Enjoy dying faster while I'll live a long prosperous life on fruits and vegetables from my garden.

Yeah, you definitely don't know what it means.

A life where you will never be liked by anyone around you. Great life.

Whew all that meat eater edge

>you're misunderstanding the role of statistics in predicting cancer rates among a population

>OH BOY LOOK AT ALL THIS EDGE

user pls

I like it because it gigatriggers two kinds of people:

1. Culturally deprived hillbillies who think that Starbucks is for impossibly cool hipsters who go to Starbucks to be photographed by the paparazzi

2. Tryhard third-wave millennials who just discovered real coffee last Tuesday and actually think that pouring your coffee while making a facial expression that looks like you're trying to squeeze out a particularly large #2 makes the coffee taste better

Them cancer cells already growing in your body voy

anything besides a basic coffee is way too expensive

I kinda hate it, even though (or maybe because) I go there every other day. All their espresso-based coffee is "okay", but their regular brew is pretty shit.

I also dislike the sterile, faux-comfy design and their shitty, overpriced sandwhiches and snacks.

Well at least I won't get sued by Monsanto or another agribusiness for illegally growing their products in the future.

B

I bet her eggs taste delicious

I typically prefer local coffeeshops if I'm going to go out for coffee. They just have better... everything.

Not the greatest. Good if you are in an absolute hurry and need a cup. But if you've got the time, nothing better than home brewing. It's become quite the hobby for me actually.

By the way, when I say home brewing, I don't mean grabbing the generic shit you see at walmart. I'm talkin, custom roasts and using special grinders/extractors.