Scandinavian literature thread

Which scandinavian country has best literature? What are your thoughts about Vaino Linna?

>Scandinavian literature
>posts Finnish author

Delete your thread and try again.

What is the unknown soldiers about?

Finland
Arto Paasilinna

you're literally retarded

You don't even speak a Indo-European language, let alone a Scandinavian one.

Culturally you share more similarities with Slavs than Scandis.

You'll never be one of us, Pekka.

>tfw not even Finnish
Enjoy your culturally enriched wife, cuck

i don't care about a competition but sweden has strindberg, harry martinsson, hjalmar söderberg, tove jansson (finnish but wrote in swedish so idk) stig dagerman to name a few.

Norway has Hamsun and Ibsen, arguably two of the GOATs. Bjornson is pretty cool too.

Denmark has Captain Kierkegaard, H.C. Andersen, Johannes V. Jensen and Karen Blixen as probably the most internationally renowned.

But I think, hands down, that Norway wins. Ibsen and Hamsun are just so much better than what the others have to offer.

Sweden wins in Nobel laureates per capita unless you count Iceland.

Just finished Hamsun's Pan and really enjoyed it.
Too bad he's a nazi.

You idiot.

Hitler was 5 years old when Hamsun wrote Pan. I think it's safe to assume that him being a nazi didn't really influence much of his oeuvre.

>Sweden wins in nobel laureates

really makes you think...

>Which Scandinavian country has best literature?

For the Scandinavian mainland: Sweden > Norway > Denmark

For the Nordic countries in general:

Sweden > Norway > Iceland > Denmark > Finland > the other places

Top lel, Sweden is definitely the worst. Apart from Strindberg (who pales in comparison to Ibsen) all the swedes have churned out is cookie-cutter crime novels for plebs.

Fuck, just Kierkegaard, who isn't even strictly a literary writer, shits on the entire oeuvre of Sweden.

>all the swedes have churned out is cookie-cutter crime novels for plebs

it doesn't really sound you know so much about "the entire oeuvre of Sweden" in all honesty.

Not even the best Finnish writer.

I agree! Some of the stuff he wrote and said as he got older really makes me cringe though.

Pär Lagerkvist (Nobel prize winner)
Selma Lagerlöf (Nobel prize winner)
Harry Martinson (Nobel prize winner)
Hjalmar Söderberg (personal favourite)
Vilhelm Moberg

And many many more, including 4 more nobel prize winners, more than twice that of any other Scandi country. These are just the ones I've read.

>Kierkegaard

He's great and all but he's literally the ONLY one Danes have in literature.

>Nobel prize winner
user it doesn't count when you give awards to yourself

Hey, only 5 of the 7 Swedish laureates were in the academy before they got the price.

>>>/butthurt/

>Danish literature

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>tfw took a danish course at uni and had to act out a yahya hassan poem

it was super awkward reading about child torture while everyone was giggling nervously

this guy seems awful

I'm confused. You are either Finnish or interested enough in Finnish culture to know those pleb-tier authors, but you are not aware that Finland is definitely not part of Scandinavia. What gives?

Truth hurts, retard.

I'm neither.
Also I wonder what makes you think Arto is a pleb tier writer.
And Scandinavia is a term looser than your mother. One could say Finland was a part of Sweden when the term was formed and on the Scandinavian peninsula, so it is a part of Scandinavia, while one could say most of the people don't have roots in Scandinavia and didn't exist when the term formed, so it isn't Scandinavia.
Anyways you just come off like a dick for going all elitist over a detail.

so dry your tears and read something from a better country?

Its about a finnish machine gun company in the Continuation War.