The Nix by Nathan Hill

So, does this book get a green light from Veeky Forums?

more hyped for Alan Moore's Jerusalem

The New York Times said it's good, so I would probably avoid it.

it's missing something

He looks like an anime character

Joyce is the original anime, pleb

>sprawling novel with a bag of postmodern tricks

Pychon and DFW are memes here

When he dies, Veeky Forums will love it

>the love child of X and Y

[flushing noise]

>The love child of Pynchon and Wallace

Completely guessing here, but it's probably another attempt at maximalism by an author that doesn't have the knowledge, energy, daring or talent to reach the level of the people who actually managed to pull off maximalism. Which, it should be noted, is a very small group.

Also, it's 2016, we really don't need more "postmodern tricks".

Postmodernism is dead. It reached its peak with Women and Men (ironically, disowned by the author), now it's just gimmicky, stupid, trendy nonsense.

How is 620 pages a "sprawling" novel? I've just come to associate that with word with works 800+. And ya quality is of course more important than quantity but I just thought the standards were a bit higher for something to be considered sprawling.

It's not a 200 page YA novel with barebones prose, so it's gargantuan by normie standards.

Literally how?

isn't GR just 100 pages more?

Look at his huge watery eyes man.

JJ is moe as fuck

my copy is 900 pages

You're thinking about the crying of lot 49 probably. Or agape agape by gaddis. Or idk what the fuck you're talking about

He's right, actually, the first edition of GR has about 750 pages. TCoL49 has far less, I think it doesn't even qualify as a novel.

Considering that Veeky Forums doesn't read books, sure. we'll boot out Joyce from the trilogy and make uh, who was it, Nathan Hill (jesus, come up with a better pseudonym for chrissakes) one of the top three.

>Thomas Pynchon andd David Foster Wallace
>Love Child
>Love
Good way to assert credibility, that.

>sprawling
why do they always use this word?

has anyone actually read it?

inb4
>read it
>readit
>reddit