Goodreads general

Goodreads thread?

Mine: goodreads.com/julas

Looking for some friends to add. I still have a few hundred ratings to make, but it gets tiring remembering the books I've read.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/user/show/58726990-martis-roze
goodreads.com/user/show/27579248-lorenzo
goodreads.com/user/show/29831737-pinkyivan
goodreads.com/user/show/12794867-michael-arnold
goodreads.com/user/show/23134789-laurent
goodreads.com/user/show/48083736-dermot
goodreads.com/user/show/2408134-sebastian
goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown
goodreads.com/user/show/24869326-juicy-julian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ARE YOU A GIRL

It'd make life easier, but life's already good enough. No.

goodreads.com/user/show/58726990-martis-roze

bump

bump

What did he mean by this?

He ain't wrong

goodreads.com/user/show/27579248-lorenzo

I go to the same university as you. Chemistry.

goodreads.com/user/show/29831737-pinkyivan

goodreads.com/user/show/12794867-michael-arnold

it's the tag for read in translation

If it was, the tag would have been "read in translation"

goodreads.com/user/show/23134789-laurent

>tfw I'm not going to make it.

Read comics

Or just spend 30 minutes more reading every day.

>>tfw I'm not going to make it.

just get a cheeky sick note from the doctor for the whole year next time, that's how I roll.

Ishould go rate books i've read in the past. i'm one of those people that just started using goodreads last year and so everyone adds me and thinks "Wow, so this is Veeky Forums fucking pleb has only read 30 books".

The Metamorphosis has 5 stars? Are you fucking kidding me?

what use is goodreads? why would you have an account there?

Not OP but it's kind of nice. You can see what friends are reading/have read and it's a good reason to talk to people you don't usually get to see. I like to be able to text/talk to friends about it who are out of state. It's also a good way to find some different books you wouldn't have heard of otherwise. Many use it as a blog, sadly. That's when things get off the rails. Especially when people think their reviews/ratings mean anything.

You and your European healthcare.
Nah, anyone familiar with the site could probably tell you just haven't added everything you've read. Some people literally have shelves called "read before goodreads."

>Lovecraft 5 stars
>Farenheit 451 2 stars
>1984 2 stars
>Frankenstein 3 stars

Is this some kind of shitty joke? I've read almost all of Lovecraft's stuff and it isn't fucking close to 5 stars. Especially a collection.

I'm trying to become a doctor, no rest for me.

goodreads.com/user/show/48083736-dermot

I have no friends...

I know your ratings are bullshit because you have Norwegian Wood above anything. Your 5 stars are all Veeky Forums memed books, too. Murakami is a shit author. Norwegian Wood especially deserves nothing above 2 stars.

I only rate things I've actually read. I read the Veeky Forums memes so I have a genuine opinion on them and Veeky Forums's taste as a whole, which I gather most people here don't do. I guess I admit some of the ratings are a little bloated, if only because I'm in the habit of immediately running to log each one of Goodreads the minute I finish the last page. You really do need at least a few days of perspective for it to settle in your mind to see a book for what it really is. A Little Life really jumps out at me in this regard; I would probably give it a 4 at most if I were rating it today, but I really don't feel like going through all my ratings again.

And as for Norwegian Wood specifically, I think 3 stars is perfectly reasonable. Having read two of his other books before that one, I went in with very clear expectations of what I was going to get and that's exactly what I got. It really is a great example of a middle-of-the-road book. And I don't see why you'd call me bullshit when we have a one-star difference in opinion on a single book.

everyone has their own individual way of rating, you doof.

goodreads.com/user/show/2408134-sebastian

Please don't send a friend request if you haven't even read 1900 books, no need for plebs, thank you.

Am I fucking kidding you that I like Kafka, one of the most respected writers of the 20th century? Of course I am! Who would like the most famous work of such a writer?

Well if you don't think it's five stars, go ahead and make a goodreads, and rate it less!

But you're going to have to explain your dislike with less than meme arrows and a passive aggressive sentence. Hmu on my goodreads review for it and I can go into depth on why I like it.

A Goodreads thread not started by Sebastian? Interesting.

goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown

Don't be a dick.

>A Goodreads thread not started by Sebastian? Interesting.

I am on a reading slump atm btw, I fell off the wagon and I am reading slowly through the malazan books, I can't read books with the pokeman names that fast, but feel free to add me I was just kidding, I accept every friend request

bump

goodreads.com/user/show/24869326-juicy-julian

how can you lads read 60 page """books"""?
usually don't consider unless it's 300+