IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

WHO'S READY??

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck issat?

holy shit. at last!!!! will it become a meme now that there's an english translation?

Let's check the 'will it become a meme?' checklist:

- relatively obscure - CHECK
- so long that no-one who memes it has ever finished it, possibly not even started it - CHECK
- non-traditional structure, layout, narrative - CHECK

Chances look good!

Wish they went with the German cover, though.

OH shit nigga it's finally actually finished.

Is it even translatable? I thought it was basically a German Finnegans Wake.

I think people may be taking the analogy a bit too far. We'll find out

trippy but the english one seems nice and clean

I swear to God, one fucking moron made that comparison, and you parakeets have echoed it over and over and totally misconstrued it. It's a difficult text, but its difficulty is not the same as FW's.

Finnegans Wake has been translated you dope.

I'm not ready! Any recommendations for something to read by him before this one?

Even into Mandarin.

As a Germanfag, I can see how it would be hard to translate - after all, the main character is a Shakespeare translator, and there are many jokes and tidbits about translating Shakespeare into German, not sure how you'd translate that into English

HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

That was only the first third of Finnegans Wake, and she did it by losing the sentences and clarifying the language.

It sold pretty well despite all that IIRC.

I didn't think the Chinese had so many hipsters.

it sold a few thousand copies in a nation of 1.3 billion lpl

It sold as well as you could expect with 13,000 copies. Apparently the book has more pages of annotations than the actual text itself.

Probably middle english to modern english

Sounds interesting, it's just too damn expensive. 67 dollars Canadian? I'll wait

if you are get it now why I still have to preorder, americanski?

first world privilege amigo

There's a copy in my university library. I'll dump some pictures of the German text.

Holy shit this looks awesome

why are you guys pretending to like this garbage

The book itself is very large.

Side view

And I leave you with this.

So it's just German House of Leaves without the plot.

The author himself says it's inspired mostly by Finnegans Wake you fucking faggot.

Holy fuck i want to read this but im not ambitious enough to throw like $50 on a text that might have been genuinely ruined by a shotty translation

Is there a pdf or .mobi?

This thread got me HYPE

>those nails
W A S H I N G T O N

UUUU
44UU
4U4U

nigga its john woods everything that man touches turns to gold

also very unlikely there will be a pdf or .mobi lol

I'm a poorfag student but I fucking preordered. Looks EPIC!1

And having several mental breakdowns.
>Apparently the book has more pages of annotations than the actual text itself.
This is, in fairness, true of most English copies.

I'm okay with it replacing Infinite Jest.
Finnegans Wake brought us kek.

Bottom's Dream brings us kuck.
Honestly, for something like this, I would genuinely recommend just learning the language. One of the few kinds of works I think it's worth doing so for, because of all the tricks.

MORE DEETS ON THIS BEAST PLZ

What does Middle English have to do with Shakespeare?

shakespeare =middle english
chaucer = old english

You're a retard.

go back to r/books

pls b trolling

Been there, done that.

>no kindle option
fucking dropped

You're missing

- can be made into an ebook so that it may be pirated by people who actually read rather than just collect hip hardcovers - NOT CHECK

It will not become a meme.

Is this the logical end of literature? Like, can anything get anymore zany than Bottom's Dream? How
much more difficult than FW would those who have read it here say it is? Or is it completely different?

?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

Is it actually good or is it just House of Leaves tier gimmick memery.

>index finger longer than ring finger

You first, dipshit.

Old English=Beowulf
Middle English=Chaucer, Pearl-Poet
Early Modern English=Shakespeare, Marlowe, Milton
Modern English=Joyce, Eliot, Austen

God, fuck off.

The main character is a translator of Edgar Allen Poe.

"In August 2016, it was announced that the Beinecke Library had arranged with SiloƩ arte y bibliofilia, a Spanish publisher, to publish an edition of 898 facsimile replicas of the manuscript for commercial sale."

It's the new meme

So obscure it's literally unreadable. Hence the greatest work of literature known to man.

Speaking of obscure works Veeky Forums sometimes mentions - does anyone have a link to Milkbottle H by Orlovitz. Having trouble finding one and used copies are steep pricewise.

are u a grill

Things being so obscure that you can't understand most of it, is as patrician as it gets.

Sign me up, just ordered my copy

Obscure spin-offs based on secondary Shakespearean characters is my fetish. Besides the play about two dudes in Hamlet, are there any others?

>besides the play about two dudes in hamlet
name?

**Guildenstern and Rosencratz are Dead
Just came to mind

oh baby baby

guys c'mon

Lots of Gass' books aren't available as epub/mobi (prime example: The Tunnel), and he's a meme

I found a pdf pretty easily. Does that count?

Can someone explain what the point of reading this in translation is?

This book is literal meme and fucking impossible to translate.
I'm not someone who shits on translations in general but this is the one German book that you should not even attempt to translate.

Orthofer says it's great, I trust him.

Chimes at Midnight is about Falstaff.

Since so many people are ordering this, would it be agreeable to organize a group read? Perhaps some Germanfags are necessary to explain some cultural apocrypha?

who up

smash that mf Purchase buttom

Dota 2

Bump for interest.

Found my copy when I got home from work. I tried to post a picture, but Veeky Forums was being a little bitch and taking forever to upload it, so I gave up. Super excited tho.

translating finnegans wake is pointless, as is I assume zettel's traum

Retry cause I want to show off.

fuck thats a sick looking edition m8

show us some pages please

SHOW FEET

put your foot on the book

MOAR PLZ

It's already the #1 seller under 'German Lit'

We did it. Meme status will be achieved.

Amazon always fucking up corners baka

I'm guessing it's smaller than the original. Mind showing it next to a different book or something for scale?

Yeah, it's a very handsome book.

Here it is next to Mao II. The previous picture was with the box it came in. Thankfully the corners are OK on the book itself.

Read the first page and tell us if it's good

First page. At first glance it's pretty incomprehensible, and that's coming from someone who got through Finnegans Wake.

Wtf?

Some more pages. Skimming through I see a bunch of sexual stuff (I think top right is a scrotum) and namedropping of Poe, Spenser, Lucian, Schopenhauer, Freud, etc. Basically Veeky Forums incarnate.

>scrotum
It's the end of a femur

Last one, but I'm sure some other anons with more time on their hands and better photography skills will pick this up in a day or two.