Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintings_by_Adolf_Hitler
bytwerk.com/gpa/hitlerpaintings.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its a best seller

READ IT DONT ASK US

Cant buy it on ebay ffs.

Is this book racists?

No, it's trash. The only reason it's popular is because of it's author.

Good book, the problem is Hitler only had about a 9th grade level of education in grammar.

my friend keeps pronouncing this book as "mean camp" and every time i fucking correct him but then later he still does it like the fucking autistic piece of shit he is. fuck him. hes a total piece of shit cunt nigger faggot and i fucking hate him for it. back me up, Veeky Forums

only if you read the non-censored edition

Majn kamf

This. It is really good book if you have any intrest in politics. Otherwise it is nice story too desu. A must read.

Mein Kampf: The Stalag Edition is uncencored version I remember, can someone confirm?

It's about as good as his paintings.

It's terribly written and incredibly convoluted. Unless you are obsessed with Hitler it's honestly not worth reading. If you are really into nazi stuff read some Rosenberg or something.

Well, he had some pretty mean camps

no, on a completely objective level it's terrible.

I guess something could be said on it's power to galvanize an entire country so quickly and powerfully except that's not what happened at all.

It's just the confused, unfocused, transcribed rantings of a political otaku

oh they were just to die for

>reading a doctored/censored version

It's weird how Rosenberg wasn't Jewish. That must have made for some awkward misunderstandings.

It's pronounced "Mee-in kam-puh-fuh."

Doesn't anyone speak Deutsche on this board?

>mineu campo dess~~

Ish bin ayn Berlinah.

movie was better

Fucking kek

I've read half of it, then put it down. Not because I found it boring, but because I'm a pleb who juggles books.

It's interesting...it certainly gives a backstory to a man not many people know much about. It was orated to a typist, so don't expect Goethe levels of prose.

Yes

This is because Hitler required schools to buy it from him, and then use it in the classroom. Every groom would get one on a wedding day. Buying a copy was mandatory for the Nazi party.

Hitler became incredibly wealthy because of this.

In fact, Hitler became so wealthy, that he bought his own art. So what? Why other Nazis like Goering and Goebbles simply stole the art under the pretext of "government property", Hitler was the only high ranking Nazi who actually bought and paid for whatever he wanted

Mein Kampf is a rambling, turgid read that is hardly worth anyone's time. For historical interest to try to peep into Hitler's mind, it's kind of interesting, but for those purposes you can just listen to or read his speeches.

Because that's exactly what it is: a rambling. Hitler spoke aloud and someone else typed whatever he said.

>I've read half of it, then put it down. Not because I found it boring, but because I'm a pleb who juggles books.

It's interesting...it certainly gives a backstory to a man not many people know much about. It was orated to a typist, so don't expect Goethe levels of prose.

literally me, same experience same opinion

Just let him go, user. We can all appreciate Hitler in our own way

Stalag is uncensored, Ford Translation is a new uncensored translation in Modern English.

nah. its boring and really hard to finish. 1/4 of it is early years autobiography and the rest are the rise to power and his views. The same way reading the bible is the best way to turn someone atheist, mein kampf is the best way to show someone that hitler is an annoying twat and other people did most of the real work

books can't be racists. overall I would say its a lot less racist than you would expect.
It was dictated and had at least 2 revisions. Hitler felt simplicity was the way into the common mans heart but speeches often don't work in text. audio book makes it bit better.
I keep remembering it as mein kempf instead of mein kampf. it supposed to be "my struggle" or something like that but since I don't know German, I keep forgetting
What extra bits are in the non censored version?

Did anyone read the book? I mean it was a best seller because it was more or less mandatory to own it but did people read it?
some say they had rooms full of spinning blades and electric eels

>it certainly gives a backstory to a man not many people know much about.
and yet it omits some juicy parts, like the fact the fist 500 members of NSDAP were made up

>Every groom would get one on a wedding day
quality aphrodisiac

The marxist tricks are used to this day, it helps to learn them and be on guard. Hitler did have a bit of hypocrisy of "its ok when I do it" variety but its still educational

hard for me to judge

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintings_by_Adolf_Hitler

It's a best seller in the middle east. Kind of ironic how I'm the "nazi" for wanting to keep those assholes out of my country.

>it certainly gives a backstory to a man not many people know much about

a backstory that is utterly false and pointless to read without a real biography on hand to get past the bullshit.

his life as presented in mein kampf is basically a fictional story that takes facts from his life and reassembles them into an imaginary character of "the fuhrer", designed to fit nazi propaganda aims. "the fuhrer" was always a willful man destined for greatness, struggling against the odds, with a life full of magical moments of divine revelation. meanwhile actual hitler was a bum, an extremely passive man prone to endless escapist fantasy, who always tried to avoid making any decisions until he absolutely had to, with choices crucial to his life and career actually taken for him by other people.

so in the book joining the nsdap (then dap) is this grand choice he makes after a sleepless night of contemplation but in reality he was ordered to join the party as a reichswehr mole. in the book he forms his complete political views himself by observing the society of pre-war vienna, in reality crucial parts of his views were actually taught to him after the war, in the reichswehr propaganda corps. in the book hearing the news of germany's ww1 defeat gives him a mystical vision and sets him on a quest to become a politician, in reality he made no attempts to enter politics, he just kept signing up for random shit inside the reichswehr to avoid demobilization (since he had no life to go back to) and ended up randomly joining the propaganda corps which trained him and ordered him to monitor the munich volkish scene by joining the (ns)dap.

so mein kampf is totally useless as a "backstory" for hitler, what makes it historically valuable is that it shows his propaganda vision of himself actually cohering, chiefly as a result of his celebrity status during the putsch trial. prior to that point he consistently referred to himself as "the drummer", a john the baptist-like figure to the true savior of germany, either ludendorff or someone new. but his fame after the putsch went to his head and in his prison cell he got fully intoxicated by his own farts. mein kampf is where hitler's inflated self-image merges with his fantasies of the future savior of germany, and the fuhrer is born.

bytwerk.com/gpa/hitlerpaintings.htm
>mfw I actually like his art
I am not a nazi

the paintings are okay, just a bit dull. the problem wasn't the art being horrible, the problem was that hitler fantasized about being a great celebrated artist when his actual paintings are just ok looking buildings painted from photo reference. this is an very mundane skill that anyone can attain with a few years of training and it won't get you into art galleries. they ended up on postcards because that's where they belonged. if hitler was alive today he would be painting generic fantasy castles as concept art for some c-grade video game company.

his writing, on the other hand, is horrible because he can't actually express himself in writing, he's just having his verbal rants transcribed. the translations actually improve it a lot by cleaning it up, whereas the german original accurately reproduces all his annoying speech patterns (like starting every other sentence with "and so...").

Very interesting user

>this is an very mundane skill that anyone can attain with a few years of training and it won't get you into art galleries

But this will.

Fun fact: modern art was actually promoted by the CIA to prevent future Hitler cases.

If you have a histotic/political interest you basically need the 2016 critical edition, otherwise it's just a hetzschrift and a chore to read, so no it's not a good book, if the word is to have any meaning

If Hitler loved artists so much how come so many famous artists got that painted the shit you would rather see end up getting a hit by the SS

yes, because that's fucking interesting. the art world gets people really riled up for some reason, so think of it as the millions of people who took guitar lessons vs the tiny minority that were interesting enough to actually become world-famous rock stars. hitler was a dude who learned to play guitar a bit and then was extremely bitter that he didn't spontaneously turn into the beatles.

>muh entartete kunst

google it

Bad analogy. Modern art is more like beating a guitar against a wall and calling it a song.

Its a nice book.

You may hate it because it "is badly written" or whatever, but it is a historical document, and for that alone, it deserves to be read.

Noise is more artistic than some dumb, drab, redundant and unoriginal acoustic guitar oriented band. You're right.

Except that pic is shit.

Basquiat is interesting and is really cool because you can look at it and not know what the hell he was thinking/what its about.

This one was probably created by some artsy faggot who decided he would put on his protective jacket and goggles and throw paint at a canvas to make patterns. It doesn't express anything except that they can throw paint and stab the brush on the canvas.

There should be a rule where people who haven't graduated community college or haven't ever invested time into learning about it, shouldn't give their opinions about art when they boil to "yeah but the other one looks prettijavascript:;er and more realistic"

Eh, I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I do have a degree in art. I understand perfectly what JP was doing and why. I still think it's shit.

Well I respect your opinion more than his

it's fun to have a thread about hitler, who always insisted on having incredibly strong opinions on things he knew nothing about, and see posts like this in it.

why are you namedropping basquiat while not recognizing pollock? were you studying art alphabetically before you gave up?

No. It's delusional garbage from an underqualified speaker. Sort of like An inconvenient truth on meth.

Do you speak English?

Pronounced
Mine Compfh

More like
>Ik bin ayn Buhrleenur

>actually falling for the modern art meme

>entartet

How Nazi of you, user.

It's supposedly nothing great. Just some guy telling his life story and overstating why the jews caused his, and the rest of the countries problems. It's overstuffed (about 2000 pages long) and pretty boring.

Maybe read an abriged version to get an idea of the context of hitler's ideas before world war 2? It's nothing special.

>actually falling for the ivory tower meme

Nothing less than superb

its good

bamp

you will be up against the wall when the revolution comes, you bourgeois

Yes. Community Colleges filled with people aiming for associate degrees are filled with the bourgeois. You're right user. It's disgusting communist art. It's disgusting capitalist art.

I've read 2 English versions (Murphy and Stalag), the French version and the original German version.

I'll tell you this..reading the German version is something else because of it actually being in the language he orated it in.

Reading it in English/French almost felt diplomatically cheesy, while reading it in German felt raw.

It's a GOOD book.

Reasons why:

1) Dives into the psyche of Hitler. In his principles and values, which are highly respectable.

2) Gives the back-story on how his perception of the world came to be shaped. All the way from his family, to education, to the army, to politics, to Jews, to races, to ideologies and finally Nazism.

3) He's highly literate. Very pleasant to read.

4) Reveals how the "STAB IN THE BACK MYTH" came about.

5) Reveals how Hitler hated the fact that the Jews were prosecuted based on their religious views...until he explained how he came to THEN see them as a separate race.

6) The 2nd part of his book is a great in-depth analysis on how he reasoned his values.

Excellent book.

It's a shit book

The value of this book is based on its historical context.

Of course, on its own, it's nothing more than someone's biography at a certain point of their life...but when you put it into context and realize that the most influential man of the 20th/21st century is basically revealing his thought processes..then it becomes a good book.

You're in no position to judge a book if you don't follow a rational standard.

The thing about this book is most people tell you it's shit when they haven't read it because they want to virtue signal.
Then out of the ones that did read it many are going to tell you it's shit because it triggered them. Many are going to tell you it's shit because they are afraid to tell you otherwise.

It's like how everyone says killing someone is horrible. There are people that enjoy killing people but how many of them want you to know they are that way?

>The thing about this book is most people tell you it's shit when they haven't read it because they want to virtue signal.

No it's just shit and I've read it. It's over indulgent bullshit with prose worse than a junior college student imitating a textbook. This book was never built or written to be art, and it shouldn't be considered art in only the most basic of definitions.

This is not virtue signaling, this is pointing out you're shilling for 20th century political prop for politics you mostly base on jokes

>Citation needed

t. Isaac Goldstein

Anybody who questions me is a jew is a pretty stale joke from the tool book hans

nah that guy was definitely a jew

because they didn't like the mein kamf

you can from the way the reply was typed. typical Jew response and semi-autistic critiquing

So people who at 1:23am posting on Veeky Forums politically motivated to defend the validity of Mein Kamf aren't autistic. This isn't an autistic demographic of people

>1:23am
You do know what a timezone is right? Its different times in different locations

And yes, its not.

you're probably a jew from calfornia?

>And yes, its not.

It is.

If you can accuse me of being a jew for not liking Mein Kamf can I accuse you of being autistic for caring so much

Its not.

and
>If you can accuse me of being a jew for not liking Mein Kamf can I accuse you of being autistic for caring so much

is exactly what a jew would say

>>is exactly what a jew would say
But of course, it is what a jew would say that you're autistic isn't it

Is your psychiatrist an evil jew trying to force you to take lithium

>Is your psychiatrist an evil jew trying to force you to take lithium
No, I don't have a psychiatrist, but many psychiatrists are evil jews

>No, I don't have a psychiatrist
Figures

>The thing about this book is most people tell you it's shit when they haven't read it because they want to virtue signal.
>Then out of the ones that did read it many are going to tell you it's shit because it triggered them. Many are going to tell you it's shit because they are afraid to tell you otherwise.

nice strawmanning there. none of these the are the actual reasons why it's shit. it's shit because it's a rambling collection of thoughts that he expressed over and over again in a thousand speeches and there's no actual benefit to reading this mess over the more concise versions. even hitler thought the book sucked. the other reason why it's shit is because he's constantly lying about his life and motivations so the biographical parts are totally useless on their own.

but by all means continue your silly myth that people are "afraid" of this book. for the record i'm all for making mein kampf compulsory high school reading if only because every teenage edgelord that thinks nazism is dangerous and exciting would be forced to reconsider after reading this shit. he'd expect some powerful transgressive experience but instead get the 1920s version of the borderline retarded uncle that whines about chemtrails for three hours straight at the christmas table.

Not really.

Not the guy you replied to, but You know he didn't even write the book in full himself?

If you want an example of Hitler's thinking, you read Hitler's Table talk. He is clearly a mediumistic speaker in that he hears the voice in his head the moment before he speaks.

The lack of organization in the book is far more to do with the fact that it is clearly ghostwritten from different parts of Hitler's own writings.

I found the "autobiographical" parts, and the parts where he explained the methods of his political shtick somewhat interesting. That must have been about half of it, or less. The rest, basically detailed explanations of his world view were just plain boring, dumb and incoherent dribble. I wouldn't say it's that good or that it actually deserves its demonization. I see it as a somewhat remarkable demonstration of intellectual impotence.

Beware translations: They may make the unspectacular, stale writing stile better than it actually is. I read it in German, since that's my first language.

That's more than fine. If you hate FW despite knowing exactly what it's about, and why it's the way it is, then that's your informed (faggoty) opinion. If you just hate it because the words are hard so it MUST be nonsense, then you're a retard.

>beating a guitar against a wall and calling it a song.

yfw some people prefer to listen to avant-garde process music.

Art's just about aesthetics, but is corrupted by cult personality just like any other creative medium. Art doesn't have to "express" shit.

If it looks good, it looks good. If it looks bad, it looks bad. Pollocks' works look better than 99% of gross fucking illustrative impressionist bullshit.

Do you literally only read poetry, or something?

I thought it was amazing when I was a skinhead. After that I still found it interesting but just for historical purposes

Are you implying that poetry is not THE medium for expression as opposed to prose which is that of narration and/or mimesis?

Even if you can agree with him on his views I have no idea how can say he's highly literate. Its so incredibly rambling and boringly written, its a real struggle to get through.