This board is filled with neet incel outcasts and there's rarely any real literary discussions...

This board is filled with neet incel outcasts and there's rarely any real literary discussions. Other 'art' boards like /ic/ and /mu/ aren't filled with people from /pol/ and /r9k/ as much as Veeky Forums.
Does literature ruin lives?

why is the scarecrow laying its head down like that

Because nobody really understands her.

i thought we were outcasts for getting drunk and convincing people there was no objective sexual morality to get hung up about. is that just if you really like reading books?

Literature is, quite often, an escape for people who otherwise feel they have nothing going for them. NEETs who have the idea that, if only they could impress people with their in-depth knowledge of DFW or philosophy, would be something more than an unemployed, sexless loser.

Pseudo-intellectualism is compensation. To be frank, a lot of people here on Veeky Forums really could be doing something better with their time than reading books such as getting a job. I'm convinced some people are made worse by reading books, because now they think they're intellectually superior without recognizing that books still don't provide experience. Then there are the people of one book who think they've found the answer to everything (muh spooks!) who, once again lacking experience, fail to realize that plenty of other people have already been there done that.

In other words, this board is full of wannabe intellectuals who haven't accomplished anything real in their life because they're 20 years old and have no experience in anything: not in employment of some form, not in travel or adventure, and especially not in relationships.

You're ignoring the people who read books because that is their job as graduate students.

I'm secretly a normie.

what a pseudo-intellectual post

lmao there are none of those here

(masters don't count you cuck)

(not does shit tier schools)

whats the point of /mu/? acting as a message board for Pitchfork Media?

>get a job
>provide experience
>accomplish anything real

Stay spooked, my property.

>Other 'art' boards like /ic/ and /mu/ aren't filled with people from /pol/ and /r9k/ as much as Veeky Forums.

yeah but /mu/ is filled with ppl from /mu/ soo

>my specific, totally infallible version of graduate students on Veeky Forums has never been tried

>Other 'art' boards like /ic/ and /mu/ aren't filled with people from /pol/ and /r9k/ as much as Veeky Forums.

/ic/ praises the work of Pollock and cannot distinguish a work of art from an original Brassau

/mu/ restrict themselves to contemporary "underground" music but they can't tell the difference between Bach and Haydn if their lives depend of it

Sometimes people here talk about things outside literature, and to be honest, I like Veeky Forums movies recommendation better than /tv/; the same applies for recommendations regarding music or art.

Glad to know we're not like other 'art' boards.
That said, it's still shit and I hate all of you. But you're less shit than others.

>/mu/ restrict themselves to contemporary "underground" music

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Since when was /mu/ not a shit hole?
It's better to just use RYM

/mu/ is evener grosser than Veeky Forums w/ women and poc

How about doing all those things you mentioned...and read at the same time? You're on this board, why do you read?

This.

>be from /pol/
>every non-/pol/ board I lurk
>"this board sucks, there's way too much /pol/"
>"every other board that isn't this one has much less /pol/"
>go to those boards, they're saying the same thing

We're everywhere, and you can't use us as a scapegoat for your board being shitty. That said, there's nothing wrong with Veeky Forums.

>being from /pol/
>saying its not shit
That's a sure fire way to demonstrate that there is too much /pol/

What's the cut-off for shit-tier? I'm top 50 at least, with about a $30k stipend.

you're doing humanities grad school senpai if you're not in a top 20 (preferably top 10 desu) you're shit

Well darn. At least I don't feel like shit. I just didn't want to move my family to another state, and it's the best one in the area.

I don't get /mu/. I've only been there a couple of times but all they were talking about was rap, hiphop and shoe gazing rock. No classical music. No folk (and not as in modern indie folk) music. No Jazz. No Indian classical music. It felt like the musical equivalent of a literature board of people who think ASoIaF and Fahrenheit 451 are amazing works of art and where no one even knows where Greece is.

This used to be the best board. If not the best then certainly the best art board. Of course that reputation welcomed a flood of retards from the usual places and now it's a shithole. What can you do.

Listening to music is a mainstream thing, reading is not. Resulting /my being flooded with subhumans.

I started browsing Veeky Forums in late 2014 after years on /v/ and /r9k/ and even I can tell that the quality of threads fell significantly.