3x3 thread

rate, recommend, share

>3x3 thread
>3x4
???

>literally starts with 3x4
>book covers squashed into 1:1 ratio
>thread that has never worked
The only redeeming thing about this thread is that you seem to have pretty decent taste.

It hurts limiting yourself to 9

You both seem to like Mishima. What would you recommend me to start with? Confessions Of A Mask?

Most here will tell you "The Sailor..." but i would encourage you to start with Confessions

I recommend you Schiller - Don Karlos

Read the synopsis of most of his most famed novels but The Sailor didn't seem to intriguing. Will probably go for Confessions if not The Golden Pavillion

>Read the synopsis of most of his most famed novels

Why would you do that? You mean the synopsis of the whole plot?

Outdated version

r8 h8 masturb8

Sorry I guess I've misunderstood what synopsis means, short introductory texts which explain the basic foundations of the plot and what some of the major themes are

I see, maybe it's me who misunderstood.

I think Confessions is simply the natural place to start, it's the novel that made him famous, that already contains all central themes of his work and life and it also leaves room for improvement, despite being great by itself.

Though my actual belief is to not give a fuck about a perfect point to start, unless there's an actual neccessity for it, due to the authors shenaningans. Whatever intrigues you the most you should read.

I agree, it's just hard to find a solid starting point for a writer I know nothing more than what the bio in his wiki-page says so recommendations are always appreciated! Looks like Confessions it is, thanks!

It's 4x3 you pleb

Start with the Greeks/10

that Crime and Punishment cover is hideous

>finnegan's wake
pleb

>8476949

I've read Mishima in English and Japanese. The interesting thing is that "Sailor" is a minor work and not nearly as widely read here in Japan as it seems to be among Mishima readers in the West.

Classics are classics for a reason, but does anyone ITT have recs that are worth a damn, like books you'd actually have to be recommended in order to discover them?

THIS ARE THE KIND OF THREADS THAT KILLED /MU/

Wordsworth Classics. Honestly the worst covers ever. I could swear they're trolling...

Here's their cover for Dubliners.

I suppose a chart-system works better in regards to literature

Could you just list the titles of the last four? It's obvious chart-making isn't your best bet to stardom.

mods please give a temp ban to all of these /mu/ tourists until they learn not to do this /mu/ shit here.

never been to /mu/ my friend

This is either Asperger's: the list or I'm 15 and want to look smart.

Jesus this thread is fucking pathetic.

>shitposting in a pathetic thread is less pathetic