What languages does Veeky Forums speak/read ?

What languages does Veeky Forums speak/read ?

Other urls found in this thread:

literaturo.org/HARLOW-Don/Esperanto/EBook/chap09.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>according to /int/

> English
> Stars and stripes
Stopped reading there.

>no ancient greek, latin, or hebrew

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING ATTRIBUTING FUCKING >ENGLISH
TO AMERICA WHICH IS FUCKING AMERICA NOT ENGLAND YOU FUCKING MORON DONT POST SHIT

>german
>beautiful
also
>russian
>overlooked in the west

its because the only worthwhile english language literature since Milton has come from America

That list is garbage

Hebrew is already there, Ancient Greek and Latin belong in the 'i fell for the Veeky Forums meme' tier

you having a fucking laugh son? What fucking world are you living in given that the best POETS the world has ever had lived during the 1800-1900s who wrote in ENGLISH FROM ENGLAND
and the best fucking AUTHORS CAME FROM ENGLAND TOO

you are an illiterate if you think otherwise

> Americans
Believing their own hype since 1776.

Latin and Greek have more literary merit than all of those, lesser languages combined.

>poetry
is inherently shit
>english """"authors"""""
dickens is shit. the brontes are shit. austen is shit. i havent read woolf yet so maybe she's not shit. but england is generally a pretty culturally dead place.

You mad, limey?

Also, how is knowing German a pussy magnet?

you referenced fucking milton you moron so what sort of fucking pseud are you

and dickens? SHIT? wtf are you on some sort of fucking hard edge mode how cant you empathise/sympathise with chars like david copperfield you faggot
plus clockwork orange etc nice books. no long lasting authors perhaps, or not many, but books yes

Not really.

Keep speaking that English from England though.

Paradise lost is worthwhile not because its a poem but because its a work of literature
I couldn't care less that some romantic poet wants to compare some melting snow to love or some shit
and dickens is an absolute bore to read

you got dubs but that doesnt mean shit faggot how is dickens boring have you read copperfield y/n

no ive only read tale of two cities and its the only book i've literally fallen asleep reading it was so boring
its as dry as british """""""culture"""""""
i dont want to try anything else of his

english natively
learning french and mandarin, currently know more mandarin than french
remember some latin from high school but not much

typical diabetic reply did your fucking syringe write that post
my culture isnt dry its called not bowing to being a cunt and pretending to ram my head up my ass to virtue singal

listen you do want to try david copperfield you cant just judge dickens on that book absurdity

Why are you learning Mandarin?

I know Spanish and English, am learning German and can understand most written Italian, French, Portuguese and Catalan

>my culture isn't dry
ive been to london once, and I hardly had enough to do to fill a three day vacation. I ate at one british restaurant and went to french or german places elsewhere.
Brits are boring, their culture is boring, their history is boring, their authors are mostly boring, and their food is bland

>pinoy
>comparable to shlomo
ayy

> London
> for 3 days
So you went to the wrong city, and for too brief a time.

Well done you.

literally what else is there to do in england
have crumpets with the queen?

>French
>German
>beautiful
Good one.
I speak some Spanish, not fluently, but I can understand most of what I read/hear.

This chart is better.

>Boring history
I suppose it must be boring when we keep winning everything
>Boring authors
A. Conan Doyle, Mary Shelley, Dickens, Bronte sisters, Shakepeare, Orwell, Tolkein, Austen, Hardy, C.S Lewis, Lewis Carrol, D.H Lawrence, Joseph Conrad even J.K Rowling nigger.

>Culture is boring
Nigger you went to LONDON. The city that prides itself on 'multiculturalism' and whose mayor is a Muslim Feminist midget, and where Brits are in the minority.
What British culture were you expecting to encounter?

>keep winning
like how you won against the norman invaders, or in the hundred years' war, or against the dutch in 1688, or the american revolution, or against the first seven french coalitions, or the war of 1812, or during the suez crisis?
>doyle, dickens, brontes, austen, C.S. lewis, Carrol, rowling
genre shit
>orwell
shitty political writing but fairly influential in rhetoric
>shakespeare
one of the few good ones
>shelley
pretty good but not astounding
>conrad
is polish
were else is there to go? britain is ultimately a boring as hell country

English (E-Prime, Old, Middle, Early Modern), Latin (Classical, Vulgar, Medieval, Contemporary), and German. A bit of knowledge in Ancient Greek, Japanese (Kana), and Lojban.

i think its making a meme at the whole "filipinos are the most powerful race in the world" things, just as the whole "jews control everything" conspiracy, ya know?

Reminder that non-german speakers will never ever understand philosophy

>Fluent tier

Galician
Spanish
English
German

>Above average tier

Portuguese

>Basic tier

Italian

>Could understand it if I read it tier

French

English native speaker, learned Spanish.

Are you a native Galician speaker? I can't think of any other reason to know it

I'm brazilian and wanna learn it for no reason other than it sounds nicer than Portugal's portuguese.

Yeah that is basically the only reason one would be able to speak galician desu. I don't even use it but it was mandatory in school and all the lessons except spanish language and literature were taught in galician. Its quite useless but thanks to it I can also speak relatively good portuguese and understand everything when I read or they speak to me.

Galician literature is also quite interesting and one of the oldest in the peninsula, so there is also that.

Is it even a separate language from spanish or Portuguese? Does it take much to learn it?

Are you truly fluent in all of those?

I can speak English and I'm probably above average in German--I want to move onto French soon, though I don't know how people could be actually fluent in more than three languages. How did you do it?

They all stem from vulgar latin as you may know. Galician and Portuguese the same language in tis inception, this protolanguage was called "galego-portugues" by linguists. The first medieval songs and poems in the peninsula were actually written in this language and even the castillian King Alfonso X "the wise" was said to have learned the language in order to write in the same manner as the Galician bards (if you want to learn more look for "Martin Codax"), after Castille sort of "invaded/assimilated" Galicia they eliminated all the previous galician noblemen and replaced them with noblemen loyal to Castille. Here is were Portuguese and Galician take different paths. In the following centuries Galician became a language regarded as one only spoken by peasants and uneducated folk.

Nowadays Galician is a fucking clusterfuck of a language because in every fucking region they have a completely different grammar. Where I come from for example it sounds almost like Portuguese because we share a border but up north its a mixture of Galician and Bable (the dialect of Asturias) but there is an "official" gramatic which everyone regards as fucking fake and just made for political reasons.

Spanish and Galician are really similar mate, there is no real secret to it. As for the rest, my parents sent me when I was young to an english boarding school for two years and I learnt it pretty quickly. It also helps that I practice it a lot only and that it is relatively simple. German I started to learn recently, I moved to Düsseldorf three years ago and now I'm studying my masters in Berlin, I just got my C1 certificate last month. Maybe I'm not 100% fluent in German as I am in English or Spanish but I definitely have no problem expressing whatever I want with fluency on almost any topic. That being said I think I have a special talent for languages, probably my only talent...

Is it hard to learn Spanish starting from Galician

Timothy Doner, fluent and rapid in 6 languages and conversational in another 15.

how do you do it?

>is in america
English

>is jewish of german background
Hebrew
German
Yiddish

>parents taught him french since birth
French

>ivy league prep school requires languages
arabic
chinese
russian

>hurr durr im so smart I learn by meself
Pashto
Farsi
Swahili
Turkish
Italian
Ojibwe
Hausa
Dutch
>lives in NY, so every race on earth is there
lit. every other mf language

Not at all. But people usually do the opposite, cause its pretty much an imposed language from the provincial government. I only met a couple of people who regularly spoke Galician. There is also the fact that I am from a metropolitan area and in this sort of places Galician is not widely spoken, it is relegated more to the rural areas.

its called persian you stupid dumb idiot is french francais????? is german DEUTSCHE???? korean hey guys im learning 한국어 haha!!! فارسی too!

FFS

I speak American; not that english nancy horseshit.
Próbálok magyarul tanulni.

For everyone getting butthurt about the American flag for English, consider this, there are more English speakers in America than the rest of the world combined. It makes sense to have the US flag as it represents the majority

best english poet is Pound btw

second best is Eliot who, GUESS WHAT, was American

get madder cultcunt

This is stupid

>English
>US flag

Thanks for the laugh m8

No where in the world does speaking German get you pussy.

English shouldn't be an American flag because most countries worth living in have civilised English (colour, mum)

>Farsi
If this chart wasn't made a Persian then it was made by a retard, but I suppose that's established anyway

Chinese definitely triumphs Japanese especially considering all Japanese lit up until this century has been heavily sinicised. Also Dutch is much more relevant than Portuguese

Everything on the right is stupid and unfunny kys

>implying Spanish and Galician aren't the same language

What's it like studying in Germany? Are you native English?

I quite like the idea of doing something such as that, though I have a long way to go

>Also Dutch is much more relevant than Portuguese

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Filtered

Same, I really wish I could filter the troll at

>Still using the word rules of your French masters
lol

How the fuck is Italian more relevant than Russian?

>mandarin
Oh boy, you've been meme'd hard, son.

>Croatian
>Bosnian
>Serbian

I want this meme to S T O P

found the brazilian scum, your language makes me sick to my stomach

you're both idiots

>Russian
>works that are often overlooked in western canon

I can read English and Norwegian. Can anyone recommend me a good book to read in Norwegian?

>my language is not there

Esperanto for ultrahipsterdom.

literaturo.org/HARLOW-Don/Esperanto/EBook/chap09.html

they aren't lmao

German get's you laid all over eastern europe.

Esperanto speaker for about a year. Add it to
illuminati tier, George Soros is a native speaker.

daily reminder that conlangs are retarded

Afrikaans
English

get out of there man

English, afrikaans and learning to read German.

Hallo South Africa. :) Where are you situated?

South Africa isn't nearly as bad as all the expats and /pol/tards make it out to be.

Far from perfect, but also far from the shithole.

Cape Town

Ek bly ook in Kaapstad. Watse area? Durbanville hier.

Brackenfell, ons is basies buurmanne!

>in love with a girl that loves Scandinavia/Iceland, Norse stuff etc
>we were going to learn Icelandic together but then she started hating me
>spoke some Icelandic to her a few months later; she still hates me but I managed to get a smile out of her

So despite it being a useless language, I need to learn Icelandic in order to somehow win back her heart. God help me.

>chasing after a woman

Haha, klein wéreld. Ouderdom? Ek het nog nooit iemand anders ontmoet wat op Veeky Forums gaan nie.

Disgusting

I'm Portuguese, and still more relevant. Don't be mad.

30, jy?

Ek is baie nuut tot Veeky Forums, die plek laat my soos 'n dom poephol voel weens die klein aantal boeke wat ek al gelees het, so ek begin nou die gewoonte aankweek om meer te lees.

Ek is wel baie nuuskierig oor Afrikaanse literatuur, het jy enige aanbevele?

25, ek is al 'n redelike ruk hier. Krige in 'n bos, Raka, Ingrid Jonker, Bagis? Wat het jy al gelees wat hier redelik genoem word? Hierdie is die enigeste plek wat ek op Veeky Forums na kom.

Is this bait or are you that delusional? It's way easier to speak Arabic in your country than Dutch and you're telling your language is more relevant? it's not even relevant in your own country!

German, English, Latin, conversational Italian, enough to understand the basic meaning of French and Spanish texts

>canker /int/ thread
>canker /int/ memes
it fits

Serbian, German, English, some Latin and can understand either written slavic languages.

Underage pleb detected. Read my previous posts If by native you mean if I can speak like a native then yeah, pretty much. I have the CPE from Cambridge and that helps a lot finding good Universities here in Germany cause they only ask for a B1-B2. If you area an EU citizen I would tell you that if you don't study abroad you are really missing out. Its very simple and despite what /pol/tards or memesters say, the EU is fucking awesome for students. I can go fucking anywhere without any sort of problem and my degree is recognized in the whole continent. If you are not en EU citizen I would tell you to try anyway, its a great experience.

I don't go to that kankermongol board, but I did visit Amsterdam 2 months ago. Rationalize it however you want it, but the truth is that language that is spoken by 10 million fragile nu-males is already being irrelevant in your country. Yet, you claim my language which is spoken by 200 million people is of lesser importance than yours. Anyway, stay nu-male

I was taught French but I forgot it all

I spent this past summer traveling around China with some friends and this one memory will always stick with me: we were walking down some alley in Shanghai past an expat bar and I heard a guy trying to convince a drunk girl that they had so much in common because he could speak Esperanto and she had heard of it. It was actually hilarious to hear. Good times.

Catalonian, Spanish, English.

In a few years you'll still be single and fluent in Icelandic for no fucking reason.

Pathetic. Grow up and grow out.

Rongorongo isn't a language, it's a writing system. The language would be Rapa Nui.