Labor day sale at half price books

Rate,pretty please!

bump

Why bump it?
Veeky Forums is not a fast board.
It's unnecessary.

I'm a fucking meme, I know.

Was Dubliners really 99 cents?

I could have had about 20 of that shitty dover thrift edition for 50 cents each at my local library sale.

Yup. This edition was first published in 1991, and it retailed for $1.00.

I got it from a used bookstore, so I actually got ripped off. It's in nice condition, though, at least.

All bought within the last few weeks or so. I also bought some cheap random science fiction short story collections from the thrift store since this photo was taken.

tfw all the used book stores near me only have sjw teen shit and everything is at least $3 each, even classics. :(

I have a used bookstore,that sells everything for a dollar.
If you buy 6 books,you get the books for 70 cents each.
They carry a lot of shit,but there are gems burried there.

yeah fuck you fag

Lol u mad?

Managed to get this trilogy for $10.00

Perfect condition.

You realise you bought the Hobbit twice?

Ii finally did it, Veeky Forums
What happens now?

You've been meme'd sir :^)

Yea I have a bunch of copies of everything by Tolkien desu

Dad?

>tfw got a copy for 50c

>Flim-Flam!

That and Sagan's Demon-Haunted World are on my wishlist.

Have you read any of Martin Gardner's stuff? I picked up his 'Science: Good, Bad, and Bogus' and read a few chapters. CSICOP stuff is surprisingly enjoyable to read.

Hello son how are you?

I had that exact set when I was a little kid. Good pick.

Cancel and buy the Penguin edition with the blueprint cover.

you have retarded taste

wait for weeks, because bookdepository is slow as tits

also this,

Found this on a 'free givaway table' at my local library, a whole Economy Classics collection consisting of 31volumes.
Only ones that werent there were Adam Smith's 'The Wealth of Nations' and Marx's 'Capital'
Last week's best day

Is that you? You look friendly

Yup that's me happy as fuck c:

Are they annotated?

>that hairline

Nope, at least not the ones I checked
S-shut up, my hairline is completely fine ;_;

Ayy, pulled this haul from the same store, same sale. Did you go to the Decatur book festival too?

Randy? How was jail, buddy?

>upside-down books
Australia, pls

Are you the younger, less pretentious brother of Clifford Lee Sergeant or whatever the fuck his name is (I think that actually might be it - the books are food guy)?

Bump

nothing wrong with that hairline. hair looks nice actually, soft af

Nice Ginsberg

Wow, good stuff.

reel nice for a sale like that. i need to find better sales near me ;^;

Ah dude I envy you so much.

If you end up going for wealth of nations make sure you get it from liberty fund, its the best edition ive seen.

and the penguin capital is good too, at least the best translation ive read.

My haul from a couple days back. Also from the half price books Labor Day sale.

Is the Liberty fund edition superior to the modern library Wealth of Nations? If so, why?

Someone gave me This Thing Called You by Ernest Holmes... Does anyone know if it's any good? I've been reading it but it's putting me to sleep because it brings me back to my Catholic school days.

I have the same copy of catcher in the rye

Biography of Leonardo De Vinci ( French) $20

Poetical works of sir Walter Scott 1862 $20

Mrs Heman's Poetical works (early 1800s) $10

The Home book of modern verse - burton e Stevenson 1925

those are pretty much garbage.

Nah, but i also stopped by Book Nook in decatur. .

Speak for yourself.

start with the greek intensive course

Európa Diákkönyvtár :C

How much Jung have you read, OP? I'm very interested in reading the read book, but I'm not sure I have the proper aptitude. I studied a little in college, I know the basics of the archetypes and the collective unconscious, and have read Man and His Symbols and a bit of his correspondence with Wolfgang Pauli.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Nincs azzal semmi baj
Azt kapom amiért fizetek

Had to buy these all for class. Not pictured is In Cold Blood, Hell's Angels, and Electric Kool Aid Acid Test (all for creative non-fiction, along with Art of Fact)

>oops

faggot

¯\(°_o)/¯

Bought deep work by Cal Newport.

Not really Veeky Forums but it was hyped in the newspaper.

>ginsberg
disgusting.
also, the rest of that shit belongs in the fucking trash.

Meh, de az a Szophoklész annyira borzalmasan néz ki, én inkább túrtam volna valami régi görög drámás gyűjteményt antikváriumból.

No really it is complete garbage. I used to work at a bookstore and we would get old editions like those and either throw them away or sell them for a buck. You got roused. By the way I am not the guy you are responding to

I picked up Confederacy of Dunces. Is it really as reddit you guys make it seem?

I got these today in two different bookstores, I'm really happy with all of them and I've been looking for Durrel for quite some time (it's in spanish tho, if I like it I'll get the alexandria quartet on book depository)

Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth seems really interesting
>Che Guevara
Why?
Props for Mishima and Ellison, tho
Great deal
Bioy Casares, beautiful, I'm glad that his works are being translated and more people get to read him. Beauty and Sadness is really nice too, how much did you pay for it?
Lucky bastard, de que país eres?
Nice haul, I'm jelly of that absalom absalom! and stoner
Nice
>Wittgenstein's Misstress
I've been looking for it for a long time, have you started to read it?
What's your major?
How is it so far?

would hang out with

how's that mythology book?

I loved Candide. Read it online though, would love to get my hands on a copy.

Szarok a borítóra.
Láttam már rosszabbat is.
Azt kapom amiért fizetek.

>How is it so far?
I've yet to open it. Rather, it sits upon my desk, and I occasionally stare at it, afraid to begin.

It's like my life, writ small, really.

If that red book's the illustrated edition, then great haul man. That thing's like a hundred and fifty bucks on amazon.

take off those stupid fucking numale glasses and you'll look fine.

Thanks, bro.

Reminder to all fellow collegefags to look around campus to see if your department is putting out books somewhere for students to pick up for free
Pic related came at no cost at all, did I pay too much?

>Lucky bastard, de que país eres?
La vieja España, amigo
But gals love em m8

It's pretty damn good so far. I always avoided it, because somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought it was purely a political satire.

Just go to any used bookstore, they'll have tons of copies.

Is the Gilgamesh really that thick or is the book mostly composed of a introduction or afterwards by some authors? I remember it being quite short

Lo imaginé, solo ustedes hacen ese tipo de ediciones y tienen tantas copias en la biblioteca como para regalarlas

Yeah it takes some hunting for. Lots of used book places are independently owned, so if you get good at haggling your money will go a longer way
Oh nice! Book Nook is a little plebby in their selection imo but the staff are nice
Yeah, Greek is my next language I want to learn so I plan to
Yeah I'm enjoying Stoner a lot so far, easy to see why Veeky Forums recs it so much
Thanks, if you're near Atlanta we should

be honest
how memed did i get?

The audio dramas are Half Price Books finds

Rate me

Got myself some memes. Think I'm gonna hold off buying new books until I finish the ones on my shelf but probably not. I buy way faster than I read

shokugeki no soma is a good stuff

>Loeb
Neck yourself

Yep I'm retarded. I thought I was buying Ulysses, not James Joyce's Ulysses by Stuart Gilbert. This shit should be illegal

Did I get ripped off?

at least now you have a good guide for it.

>Mushrooms and Mankind
Holy shit! I guess you know even Robert Graves bought into this.
I haven't read the book, or done much serious reading on the subject at all, but I find the idea absolutely fascinating and the premise quite plausible.

Interesting and well supported arguments for narratives that are supposed to have happened in pre-history are rare as it is, and rarely so compelling.

No. Good haul desu

Yeah I'll get the two book soon and use the Gilbert book as a companion. Reviews on Internet said it was a good book on Ulysses anyways

I think gilbert worked with Joyce to make it, or I heard that anyway. I don't really remember. Just a suggestion though, maybe try reading it without first? It's kind of a neat book even without "getting" everything.

Thanks senpai

Seeing the "The Return of Quetzalcoatl" (which is trash), I recommend a book titled "The Flayed God".

*Pic related.